Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

football is a contact game or at least used to be.

Yep, but that sort of tackle had never been allowed within the laws of the game, regardless of how far back you care to  go for your standards.

26 minutes ago, dkw said:

Winning the ball doesnt mean you havent also fouled someone. He`s followed through there, same as the one we had done on us against Valencia early this season, its a cowardly tackle that can do a lot of damage, 

18 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Any time someone's studs connect with someone's shin, they need to be looked at for  a red card, in my view.  And the greater the speed and recklessness, the longer the ban they should receive.

From the bit of video  above, it looked like the twat had lost control and jumped in deliberately.  Off, off, off, off, off, etc.

I recall Gary Cahill having a similar tackle on Ashley Barnes & being shown red immediately, even though wasn't contact. The reasoning? Because of the studs showing. Robertson clearing has his studs implanted into that Spurs player. BTW who is that player & is he able to walk straight?

On 13/01/2020 at 01:45, robdog said:

I use the 'Not Interested' option - I know this is available on all versions of YouTube - btw I agree with this take on that bad tackle by Robertson

This from another angle and posted by Reds fans so make of it what you will:

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

This from another angle and posted by Reds fans so make of it what you will:

You already know that the dirty red scousers would cheat & lie. Why would I believe anything from their point of view? Also I have video evidence of Roberson's studs on that spud's leg.

TELEMMGLPICT000221116287_trans_NvBQzQNjv

that picture is from the Daily Telegraph btw

16 minutes ago, dkw said:

Is that video supposed to show it wasnt dangerous?

I don't think it's clear enough to do that, I guess it puts you on Robertson's perspective on the challenge. I'm no expert player but putting myself in his shoes it looks fair game to go for, but from any other video or image you can see he went studs up and connected with the player. Maybe this video just proves it wasn't a double red.

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

Is that video supposed to show it wasnt dangerous?

Yes it looks a risky challenge, I agree he had overrun the ball.

The ball moves in the direction he kicked it, so for me that leaves two possibilities,

either the other player gets their first and he kicks their foot out of the way and then kicks the ball - definite card.

or he gets their first and the other player kicks his foot and gets hurt.

It looks like the second option for me, and that is where I think it looks nasty slowed down.

I'm not an apologiser for Liverpool, I don't like either Spurs or Liverpool just try to be objective.

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Yes it looks a risky challenge, I agree he had overrun the ball.

The ball moves in the direction he kicked it, so for me that leaves two possibilities,

either the other player gets their first and he kicks their foot out of the way and then kicks the ball - definite card.

or he gets their first and the other player kicks his foot and gets hurt.

It looks like the second option for me, and that is where I think it looks nasty slowed down.

I'm not an apologiser for Liverpool, I don't like either Spurs or Liverpool just try to be objective.

:redcard:

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's maybe just me but I hate that kind of tackle, Robertson knows exactly what he's doing same as the w**ker from valencia who did Mason mount. Its a cowards tackle and I've seen lots of them over the years that have bady injured players. 

I believe the spud player would have gotten to ball if it wasn't for the studs impaled into his leg

09e97059a359418fbb9df01a04589b3f500x500@

3 hours ago, robdog said:

I believe the spud player would have gotten to ball if it wasn't for the studs impaled into his leg

09e97059a359418fbb9df01a04589b3f500x500@

The difference between those two incidents is that Abaumayang got nowhere near the ball. To be fair to the scouser (I will make this one exception as it was against Spurs), he DID win the ball. He had over-run it but lunged in and clearly got the ball. It's his follow-through that connects with the Spurs player who was also lunging in. 

For me, tackles like that are 50/50 and if a player wins the ball it shouldn't be a red. But in todays game (and the fact he IS a dipper) should be banned!!

Edited by Nibs
45 minutes ago, Nibs said:

f**k me this new hand-ball law is the absolute pits. It's a ridiculous rule - why do these idiots feel the need to change the game just to make things worse?

Its a joke, a ricochet bounces onto his arm from a tackle and that's handball? f**king joke. 

On 14/01/2020 at 15:53, dkw said:

Winning the ball doesnt mean you havent also fouled someone. He`s followed through there, same as the one we had done on us against Valencia early this season, its a cowardly tackle that can do a lot of damage, 

I can't believe people still use the "he won the ball" excuse. We have had more than enough time to adjust to the rules now. Any tackle with your foot in the air and studs showing is a red card risk, it should be a guarantee if you make contact with the player. These rules have been made very clear for a long time now. 

Weirdly, some people are defending him by saying he overran the ball and was rushed into winning the ball back. Well my response to that is that he shouldn't have overran the ball. He made a mistake and in his desperation to win the ball back, he's left his studs on the Tottenham players shin.

Like you, I'm not ruling out that he did it on purpose either. It's just like you say, we seen it in the Valencia game against us. 

12 hours ago, dkw said:

It's maybe just me but I hate that kind of tackle, Robertson knows exactly what he's doing same as the w**ker from valencia who did Mason mount. Its a cowards tackle and I've seen lots of them over the years that have bady injured players. 

Ashley Barnes on Matic is still the one that stands out for me, and in that case Matic got a red! Barnes didn't even get booked!

• coco unpinned this topic