Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

3 hours ago, JM7 said:

Any thoughts on top 4?

Im not concerned by United, they look terrible. While they are able to get some decent performances once in a while, they’re not brilliant.

Spurs looked stale so it will be interesting to see if the new signings make a difference. Jose hasn’t quite had a the new manager bounce they needed. 

Arsenal I think are abit too far behind and have their own problems. 

It will be tight for us to get top 4 but we may have enough. The matches against Spurs and United are CRUICAL

I think it is going to be close, Utd are buying some decent players and Ole is surprisingly  having his hairdryer moments with players, this might reap benefits.

Jose, could not forsee losing Kane perhaps their only world class player.

Arsenal are improving for me, though think this season they have far too much to do and a couple of players they need to move on.

Of course if we can start winning matches it becomes much more certain and perhaps by bringing in Giroud to the bench for second half introductions to finish matches.

3 hours ago, JM7 said:

Any thoughts on top 4?

Im not concerned by United, they look terrible. While they are able to get some decent performances once in a while, they’re not brilliant.

Spurs looked stale so it will be interesting to see if the new signings make a difference. Jose hasn’t quite had a the new manager bounce they needed. 

Arsenal I think are abit too far behind and have their own problems. 

It will be tight for us to get top 4 but we may have enough. The matches against Spurs and United are CRUICAL

It's hard to say how this is going to go. Every team chasing top 4 is dropping so many points. I remember saying last season that all it would take to secure top 4 was a run of wins from one of the teams chasing it, and I think that is going to be the case again this season. Last season though, no team was able to string a run of wins together, so who knows how this season is going to play out.

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

I expect United to turn up at Stamford bridge and turn into Barcelona of old.

Then go back to being useless, Tottenham seem to play better without Kane so they will be a threat

Yeah if we want to beat United I feel we need to do to them what sides have done to us of late. Let them have the ball in their half, contain and press in our own and counter. Long balls to Giroud.

30 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He's not wrong. This all happened in the first 10 minutes 😂 I think Burnley act like the victim more often than Liverpool do these days.

To be fair, this was after several Arsenal players went down "injured" in order to slow the game down.

Burnley should be in front but their finishing is appalling. Not much quality on display in this game.

2 minutes ago, abigsmurf said:

To be fair, this was after several Arsenal players went down "injured" in order to slow the game down.

Burnley should be in front but their finishing is appalling. Not much quality on display in this game.

So they are playing like us then?

• coco unpinned this topic