Chelsea v Arsenal (PL) Sun 6th Nov 2022 12:00 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

An absolute battering incoming if we’re not at our absolute best. 

Arsenal are genuine title challengers, this isn’t some flash in the pan thing.. they’ve got a good thing going, Edu/Arteta made all the right moves recruitment/system wise and it’s starting to take shape for them. Just hope Boehly can get a bigger budget version of what they’ve done started here, hate saying that about Arse but it’s true. 

I'm totally down with parking the bus if we manage to get 3 points. Auba should not be anywhere near starting, although he'd have a point to prove, so throw him on after 60 minutes.  Back 3 pick itself if they are fit, no more Sterling at LWB, or Pullisic at RWB unless we are chasing the game. Mendy makes me nervous, for his poor kicking and lack of intent to combat aerial balls.

Last season we were favorite and we lost, hopefully it change this weekend.

31 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Mendy

Chalobah Silva Koulibaly Cucurella

Jorginho

Kovacic Zakaria        

Pulisic                   Sterling

Aubameyang

That's a huge gamble putting Chalobah at RB up against Martinelli. Trevoh hasn't got the build for that job.

If we have no proper RB for this game then we have no choices, play RLC on the wing and a back three.

I wouldn't start with Auba either,  not in form, goes missing, other options available.

Mendy

Chalobah       Silva          Koulibaly 

Jorginho           

RLC        Kovacic     Zakaria    Cucurella

Gallagher

Broja

1 minute ago, coco said:

That's a huge gamble putting Chalobah at RB up against Martinelli. Trevoh hasn't got the build for that job.

If we have no proper RB for this game then we have no choices, play RLC on the wing and a back three.

I wouldn't start with Auba either,  not in form, goes missing, other options available.

Mendy

Jorginho           

Gallagher

Broja

Like you, I want a powerhouse and technical midfield three. 

I thought about a back 5 on top of it, but it restricts our attack immensely and I can only see Potter making changes right away. 

I don't know. Personally, I'd gamble Chalobah vs Martinelli just show that we play a comfortable set up. 

17 minutes ago, coco said:

Mendy

Jorginho           

Gallagher

Broja

Might as well play RLC as a RB then. Playing a back 3 v Arsenal is asking for trouble as they play a high line, Martinelli & Saka will just pop up in pockets behind the WB & pull the CBs around. Our CBs bar Chalobah also don’t have the legs. 
If we want to get something out of the game we need a back 4, and play a trio of Sterling, Pulisic & Auba to exploit their high line. 

36 minutes ago, coco said:

Mendy

Jorginho           

Gallagher

Broja

It is a gamble, but he can manage it.

15 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Might as well play RLC as a RB then.
If we want to get something out of the game we need a back 4,

RLC is also not the build for RB.

We kept a clean sheet for 537 consecutive minutes with a back three this season under Potter.

1 minute ago, coco said:

Your another one that's been harping on about square holes and round pegs under Potter, so don't be a hypocrite and put RLC at RB.:wink:

Not RLC, he would be terrible to play there. I meant Chalobah. Trev can play as a right back. He has not played it often, but can play there.

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Not RLC, he would be terrible to play there. I meant Chalobah. Trev can play as a right back. He has not played it often, but can play there.

I disagree mucker, Calobah has never played at RB as far as i can remember, he's 100% CB in a 2 or 3, if you think about all the decent RB's, they're all quick on the turn, fast acceleration, stay on their feet, Trevoh does stay on his feet but he's not quick enough to play RB imo.

It doesn't really matter what we think anyway, Potter will probably play a back 3 and 4 at some point on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, coco said:

I disagree mucker, Calobah has never played at RB as far as i can remember, he's 100% CB in a 2 or 3, if you think about all the decent RB's, they're all quick on the turn, fast acceleration, stay on their feet, Trevoh does stay on his feet but he's not quick enough to play RB imo.

It doesn't really matter what we think anyway, Potter will probably play a back 3 and 4 at some point on Saturday.

In his youth days Trev played there. Is not ideal, but if our other option is RLC...

26 minutes ago, coco said:

RLC is also not the build for RB.

We kept a clean sheet for 537 consecutive minutes with a back three this season under Potter.

Come on mate. You know as well as I Kepa was a huge reason for that. 

That being said, you could tell we were riding our luck bar the Milan and Wolves game.