So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

Marks out of 10..............................

Petrovic    7       Did well enough and IMO is our current No.1

Gusto       5      Was okay but got sloppy as game went on. What was it with the shorts & socks combo?

Disasi        4     Never looks comfortable on the ball and always has a mistake in him.

Silva         6      Not his usual commanding performance but still better than others.

Colwill      5     Fed up seeing him played as a full back when we all know he's a CB.

Ugochuckwo  4  Don't recall him doing a great deal in his 58 minutes.

Gallagher       6   He struggled today but hardly surprising given the midfield we put out. Possibly lucky not to have seen red again.

Palmer       6   Still looked our best chance of creating anything but was slightly subdued and clearly frustrated.

Broja     4   Little impact and lucky to get 58 minutes.

Sterling 4 Summed him up today, Started well but then just became annoying with his sh*t decision making and falling over. He's become a symbol of what is wrong at CFC.

Jackson   1   If Broja was lucky to stay on 58 minutes how the f**k did Jackson get 80 minutes? He stinks the place out on a regular basis and we never look like scoring with this imposter of a striker. Have seen enough of him - Get Rid.

Mudryk 4 Little impact but at least he tries.

Nkunku 7 Took goal well and MUST start from now on.

Maatsen 4 Little impact

Madueke 6 Not on for long but showed enough to merit a start ahead of others.

Badiashile 2 not sure why he came on and should now be referred to as the Paul Calf catchphrase - Bag 'O sh*te.

Pochettino 3 MUST DO BETTER.

38 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

He has to mate, at some point in everyone's career they may be faced with a situation in which their employers are in the wrong. You simply put it to them politely. At the end of the day who's the footballing expert here Boehly and Co or Pochettino and his coaching staff?

If they can't take constructive criticism and feedback then we're even worse off than we think. 

As someone that did their masters dissertation on elite football teams specifically on why some teams experience more sporting success than others with a similar financial outlay I can say I have some knowledge in this area. 100% as mentioned in my previous posts it comes down to efficency. We are not efficent in our recruitment both in player and backroom acquisitions, or our sales. 

I can hazard a guess if I was to give £1bn to anyone on this forum they would build a better team/squad than this. In fact an 8 year old who's only experience is playing fifa or football manager would do a better job. Why? Because they will sign proven players. The past does not equal the future but it can be indicative.

Usually these proven players tend to give you a better chance at winning big as seen by Roman's approach.

You do not gamble your elite status on a bunch of under 23 year olds and expect to compete.

The worst part is forget the short to medium term if none of the players we gamble on actually reach their so called high ceiling potential we could face huge losses and potential bankruptcy from having too many players on the books who can't be shifted whilst we continue to see little sporting success. This of course is the very worst case scenario and there is a chance of course that their crazy gamble pays off and we threepeat the Prem and UCL in 3-5 years time. It's just unlikely as it stands.

This is exactly my feeling. Especially the last paragraph... 

11 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Gusto       5      Was okay but got sloppy as game went on. What was it with the shorts & socks combo?

Disasi        4     Never looks comfortable on the ball and always has a mistake in him.

Silva         6      Not his usual commanding performance but still better than others.

Colwill      5     Fed up seeing him played as a full back when we all know he's a CB.

Gallagher       6   He struggled today but hardly surprising given the midfield we put out. Possibly lucky not to have seen red again.

Palmer       6   Still looked our best chance of creating anything but was slightly subdued and clearly frustrated.

Sterling 4 Summed him up today, Started well but then just became annoying with his sh*t decision making and falling over. He's become a symbol of what is wrong at CFC.

Jackson   1   If Broja was lucky to stay on 58 minutes how the f**k did Jackson get 80 minutes? He stinks the place out on a regular basis and we never look like scoring with this imposter of a striker. Have seen enough of him - Get Rid.

Maatsen 4 Little impact

Badiashile 2 not sure why he came on and should now be referred to as the Paul Calf catchphrase - Bag 'O sh*te.

Can't argue with much of that.

14 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Maatsen 4 Little impact

Pointless rating players now as it’s the same all over

A big issue will be these co-sporting directors because the majority of recruitment and recommendation comes from them which now seems like a complete disaster. Someone’s head needs to be on the block and am sure they won’t be putting themselves forward.

We will be used in business school in the future as a case study on how not to run a business.

Poch is doing nothing to suggest he knows how to form this bunch of players into a team - seems clueless.

Disasi is NOT a ball playing CB....why do we insist on trying with him?

Colwill not a LB

Lesley offers nothing - backwards or forwards

Sterling is the same old useless bottle job who regularly dissapoints

Broja and Jackson are blunt - neither good enough

Silva - afraid past it.

I would be starting, and continuing to play the following players, trying to get them to form a team....

GK: Petrovic

LB: Gusto

CB: Baddy (rubbish and cost us 2 goals this week - but better than Disasi)

CB: Colwill

RB: Maatsen

DM: Lavia

CM: Connor

CM: Caicedo

LW:  Palmer

RW: Mudyrk

ST: Nkunku

Stop the 4CB, stop Sterling,  stop donkey jackson, move on from silva,

4 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Poch is doing nothing to suggest he knows how to form this bunch of players into a team - seems clueless.

Disasi is NOT a ball playing CB....why do we insist on trying with him?

Colwill not a LB

Lesley offers nothing - backwards or forwards

Sterling is the same old useless bottle job who regularly dissapoints

Broja and Jackson are blunt - neither good enough

Silva - afraid past it.

I would be starting, and continuing to play the following players, trying to get them to form a team....

GK: Petrovic

LB: Gusto

CB: Baddy (rubbish and cost us 2 goals this week - but better than Disasi)

CB: Colwill

RB: Maatsen

DM: Lavia

CM: Connor

CM: Caicedo

LW:  Palmer

RW: Mudyrk

ST: Nkunku

Stop the 4CB, stop Sterling,  stop donkey jackson, move on from silva,

So ... you want to play a RB at LB and a LB at RB ... and a RW/AM at LW, and a LW at RW ... LOL.

NNNJ out !!!! 🙂 

Broadly agree, though I think Madueke might also be worth an extended run at RW. I'd stick with 4-2-3-1 so Madueke in for one of the midfielders. 

Edited by Sexyfootball

I'm reluctant to slate Poch until he's had a top striker and possibly even another consistent winger to work with.

Today is a perfect illustration of my reasoning for this. Despite everything, we created good chances and would have been 2 or 3 nil up after about 30 minutes if we'd had competent finishers on the pitch. The old adage of "goals change games" will always hold true, with it being fairly obvious that if we'd gone a couple of goals up today then this would have set the momentum for the rest of the match firmly with ourselves.

Given how poor our XG vs goals ratio is across all of this season, today's scenario was not exactly an uncommon one for us. Therefore, I can imagine the number of points we pick up will increase dramatically with the addition of an Osimhen or Ferguson.

Midway through the season with no European football and we look like this. A full pre season and 18 matches in and we've only managed 6 wins (three of which were against the current bottom three - Burnley, Sheffield United and Luton) and an incredibly lucky qualification in the EFL Cup semis against a banged up Newcastle team thanks to a last minute Trippier blunder. 

It's criminal to have this immense advantage of not playing European football and having extra time on the training ground to prepare for matches, yet look deplorable every week. 

I think the majority of fans on this forum only watch the Chelsea matches otherwise I simply cannot understand how would you still want Pochettino in charge when you see how other managers in your league set up their teams. 

Pochettino's style of play and team selection is an absolute joke. He even got schooled by that clown Ten Hag. And then I see people saying they'd take Mourinho back - an even bigger joke. 

This squad does not need a disciplinarian, the players need a modern manager with fresh ideas and attacking patterns of play. Premier League is packed with attacking managers and it's going to be harder and harder to keep the pace with them if you are huffing and puffing all the time and play a useless rigid game. 

Pull the trigger on Pochettino and go get De Zerbi while he is still available. 

Poch's not a winner, never was. I thought at the time of his hiring that he was a good choice under the circumstances, because he has a reputation of developing talent and being a good coach. Given our current predicament, he's still probably the right appointment. Yes, he's made mistakes and has to carry his share of responsibility for our failures but replacing him with somebody else at this moment in time won't fix our problems, they go much further than him not doing enough as a manager.

The people under pressure should be Stuart and Winstanley who identified our transfer targets and have assembled this current squad. Why these two decided that we should avoid buying anyone past their 21st birthday is still a mystery to me, just like it was back in June.

https://www.theshedend.com/topic/36120-experience-needed/

3 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

Midway through the season with no European football and we look like this. A full pre season and 18 matches in and we've only managed 6 wins (three of which were against the current bottom three - Burnley, Sheffield United and Luton) and an incredibly lucky qualification in the EFL Cup semis against a banged up Newcastle team thanks to a last minute Trippier blunder. 

It's criminal to have this immense advantage of not playing European football and having extra time on the training ground to prepare for matches, yet look deplorable every week. 

I think the majority of fans on this forum only watch the Chelsea matches otherwise I simply cannot understand how would you still want Pochettino in charge when you see how other managers in your league set up their teams. 

Pochettino's style of play and team selection is an absolute joke. He even got schooled by that clown Ten Hag. And then I see people saying they'd take Mourinho back - an even bigger joke. 

This squad does not need a disciplinarian, the players need a modern manager with fresh ideas and attacking patterns of play. Premier League is packed with attacking managers and it's going to be harder and harder to keep the pace with them if you are huffing and puffing all the time and play a useless rigid game. 

Pull the trigger on Pochettino and go get De Zerbi while he is still available. 

I agree with most of what you have posted. The squad though needs a manager who will instill discipline, today we had three players booked in the space of five minutes for dissent offences, this isn't the first time. We so far have 45 yellows and three red cards as we reach the halfway stage of the season, that is simply too many! it is the manager's job to stamp this out, indiscipline has a cost. Why can't a more modern manager be a disciplinarian too? 

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

I agree with most of what you have posted. The squad though needs a manager who will instill discipline, today we had three players booked in the space of five minutes for dissent offences, this isn't the first time. We so far have 45 yellows and three red cards as we reach the halfway stage of the season, that is simply too many! it is the manager's job to stamp this out, indiscipline has a cost. Why can't a more modern manager be a disciplinarian too? 

Ownerships/recruitments fault that Sterling and Palmer miss next match because of yellow cards. 

This isn’t a one way street of blame. It’s 50/50 for me on ownership/manager. Maybe 60/40. 

41 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

So ... you want to play a RB at LB and a LB at RB ... and a RW/AM at LW, and a LW at RW ... LOL.

NNNJ out !!!! 🙂 

Broadly agree, though I think Madueke might also be worth an extended run at RW. I'd stick with 4-2-3-1 so Madueke in for one of the midfielders. 

Never did know my left from rights!!! blaming the gin this time!

It continues to astonish me that we find ways to lose even when the opposition is absolutely terrible. O'Neil isn't a particularly good coach and Wolves kept insisting on giving us the ball in their own half through unforced errors and we still lost somehow.

Everton's points deduction and a slighty better GD is the only reason we aren't 13th in the Premier League at the end of December. If he survives this he can consider himself a lucky SOB.

The writing should have been on the wall back in September already really.

Even today when he "gambled" with an actual fullback in there instead of 4 CBs he had clearly instructed Gusto to not go forward much. Boggles the mind that he was hired in the first place. But trust the process lads.

Whilst I wanted Poch and still support him, certain things in the team are a manager's responsibility. He shapes the team and that nonsense we see regularly where players have team mates at an angle to square a pass for a tap-in goal but yet decide to go for glory, he should tear them up right at the pitch side. If he instantly punishes such behaviour, others learn. 

There is no excuse, ever to pass up the opportunity of an easy goal for personal glory. Even if you score, it is a stupid approach to take to playing what is a team game and the manager needs to cut that sh*t out immediately.

7 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

The whole team is circled around Gallagher. Thats a big issue. This isn’t Gallagher’s fault mind. 

Enzo, Caicedo, Badiashile, Colwill and even Silva look like shadows of their former selves. 

Badiashile gifting the opposition goals from 12 yards in back to back games is *checks notes* the CM’s fault ???