So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

loz
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I can understand playing Disasi when Gusto is coming back from injury and Disasi actually didn't do a bad job on Gordon, but bringing on Gustso for Colwill when Maatsen was available stinks.

And Enzo should never have started in the No 10 role. A terrible choice. Even if fit he shouldn't have started but he wasn't fit. Broja wouldn't have been my choice to replace Enzo but I can understand that, fair enough. But you have to set the team up to win from the start.

Edited by ozboy

Much needed win , the league cup has offered him some respite this season. Good chance now to get some form going into the new year with winnable fixtures in the league.

Thought he was very slow with subs this evening, gusto was showing down the left wing and even diassi too but didn’t look natural for either. Couldn’t understand why maatsen wasn’t on earlier. Thought Jackson looked lively too and would have kept him on over Broja but obviously didn’t want to destroy his confidence. 

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

What he need to do is play Maatsen at LB and Gusto at RB, and pick whichever of the two CBS he wants.

Do this against most sides. We are Chelsea, we should be going at the other sides.

Yes, Tuchel was blasted by a lot of fans for playing 3 CBs despite getting results. Now Poch is playing 4, talk about being positive😅 He's too worried about those 2 full backs ( Gusto is not bad at defending) couldn't defend, instead of thinking how flying fullbacks could add to our goal threats.

59 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Yes, Tuchel was blasted by a lot of fans for playing 3 CBs despite getting results. Now Poch is playing 4, talk about being positive😅 He's too worried about those 2 full backs ( Gusto is not bad at defending) couldn't defend, instead of thinking how flying fullbacks could add to our goal threats.

I think with Gusto he has been cautious following his return from injury although I agree it was odd to play him on the left. I assume that none of the CB's apart from Colwill is comfortable as a LB. But in that case a double sub with Maatsen on for Disasi made more sense earlier.

10 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

This is exactly why 3 at back or 4 at back is sort of irrelevant. What seems to be pretty constant is we keep on playing players out of position. Out of necessity but also because our coaches are that way.

Colwill and Disasi play where they shouldn't.

14 hours ago, Valerie said:

That's quite innovative, not sure it'll work 🤔

Au contraire. It’s very old fashioned. How can you show you are smarter than the other managers unless you do something fancy and play a deep midfielder as no 10 or put a left full back as right side attacker or another left full back as winger. Those are the marks of innovation of dare I say it, the clever one. 

On 20/12/2023 at 08:11, axman2526 said:

What he need to do is play Maatsen at LB and Gusto at RB, and pick whichever of the two CBS he wants.

Do this against most sides. We are Chelsea, we should be going at the other sides.

Until our opp have a set pieces and you have Gallagher guarding opp CB and fans complained that poch is an idiot, why do you put Gallagher on opp cb. 

It is very simple 

(all useless) 

Gallagher - Caicedo 

Maatsen - Cb - Cb - Gusto 

It is almost impossible to come up with even a basic setup with this lineup. 

Edited by Bob stark

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/13036341/mauricio-pochettinos-incredible-rant-about-chelsea-stars-unhappy-overplaying-time-its-not-a-charity

Poch with a strong message today and one those on here who say our deadwood like Madueke and Broja need more gametime should heed.

If the same players are consistently poor when they play they're not going to get starts.

Saying they've not had a good run of starts makes no sense when it's about players who haven't shown anything to deserve minutes.

17 hours ago, Whats_The_Mata? said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/13036341/mauricio-pochettinos-incredible-rant-about-chelsea-stars-unhappy-overplaying-time-its-not-a-charity

Poch with a strong message today and one those on here who say our deadwood like Madueke and Broja need more gametime should heed.

If the same players are consistently poor when they play they're not going to get starts.

Saying they've not had a good run of starts makes no sense when it's about players who haven't shown anything to deserve minutes.

It's not as if our starting 11 has being doing wonders though have they?

Has Madueke been given a chance at all this season, even off the bench?

30 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

To be honest I’m pretty concerned about the game against Man Utd. They won once in past 7 games and of course it’s us.

But it’s not that, it’s how we let them have 28 shots at goal. They should have scored at least 5, perhaps 7. It’s not acceptable really 

On the bright side at the end of Poch’s contract will have a clear idea if he’s the right man or not. Just need to ride the bull until then.

56 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

To be honest I’m pretty concerned about the game against Man Utd. They won once in past 7 games and of course it’s us.

But it’s not that, it’s how we let them have 28 shots at goal. They should have scored at least 5, perhaps 7. It’s not acceptable really 

Yeah we were very very flat.. infact the 3 games with Utd, NC and Everton.. very poor.. let’s c what we do against wolves .. similar counter attacking team .. 

On 22/12/2023 at 08:55, Bob stark said:

🤭🤭🤭

This is the problem with team like us n de zerbi, you have to force thing. It doesn't matter if you think the player is not ready, you have to play them.

The difference is Brighton will continue to do so as a selling club. We won't be doing that.