So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

loz
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

24 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Poch has assured us fans to trust him that we will be challenging at the upper level again (let's say in the next 3 years) and that he is not crazy by saying that.

Do we believe him? I think he's a good manager but I don't think the players we have are good enough.

Anyone who gets Spurs to a CL final isn’t too shabby, just think about that for a second they were one game away from being crowned Champions of Europe and similarly they were almost PL champions that’s no easy feat.

1 hour ago, El regreso said:

Anyone who gets Spurs to a CL final isn’t too shabby, just think about that for a second they were one game away from being crowned Champions of Europe and similarly they were almost PL champions that’s no easy feat.

When you have two genuine world class players in Son and Kane, it's possible. We don't have a single one in our attacking line.

27 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

When you have two genuine world class players in Son and Kane, it's possible. We don't have a single one in our attacking line.

I agree and that’s not on him that’s Ted Lasso and his wisemen. Give him the tools he will deliver us back to the top he may not win anything but he will leave us in a better position with a great foundation.

On 15/12/2023 at 00:47, Bob stark said:

Palmer turn out to be good but if I can redo, do I still want Palmer? Nope. 

I want Madison. We have way too many development player already. 

I wouldn't. Palmer is younger, less injury prone and has way more potential than Madison who has reached his peak

23 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Marc Cucurella will be out for 3 months, earliest February. (@FabrizioRomano)

My word, I think karma has well and truly got our number. It’s like when players get a “knock”, they go off and never comeback. 

That be Reece and Marc getting 3 month injuries from the same game. 

Guess we better get used to Colwill and Disasi as full backs...

David Ornstein: "Chelsea are actually two windows into a four-window strategy. So we're being told to wait until the first of September 2024 to really judge this new regime around recruitment, which is being led by Lawrence Stewart and Paul Winstanley, the sporting directors, Mauricio Pochettino will input into that, but he won't have any kind of increased influence in January. They may do some business, whether it be in January or the summer for a new forward. Maybe a centre-half as well because I would expect Thiago Silva not to have his contract renewed, and we should also keep an eye on Conor Gallagher 18 months to go on his contract. Normally that's the stage at which you renew or let players go if there are suitable offers. He's a homegrown player as well which is crucial for their financial fair play situation and also they're well-stocked in midfield."

{NBC Sports}

5 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Annoying feeling he is slowly trying to remove Enzo out of the XI

Not sure you can blame Poch for this; Enzo has little positional discipline and gets caught far upfield leaving Caicedo alone in the middle of the park. He is top 10 for big chances missed in the PL (6) which just shows something isn’t right. He wants to play as a “10” but he isn’t really good at it.

It was always always going to be the case that one of Caicedo, Gallagher and Enzo was going to lose his place when we moved to play with a proper 10. We also needed 4 attackers and none of the three has many goals in them, or at least not so far this season. At the moment it's Enzo missing out and its hard to argue with that choice. Lavia will eventually be competing for one of those two spots.

However Palmer didn't do himself many favours at 10 in the first half against the Blades. Dunno why it didn't work but it didn't.

Next up someone in the front 4  has to make way for Nkunku. I guess that will be Mudryck.

3 hours ago, ducavis said:

Not sure you can blame Poch for this; Enzo has little positional discipline and gets caught far upfield leaving Caicedo alone in the middle of the park. He is top 10 for big chances missed in the PL (6) which just shows something isn’t right. He wants to play as a “10” but he isn’t really good at it.

This is exactly the point. People on here have questioned Poch as to why Enzo isn't being played deeper where he is best suited. But if anything Poch is guilty of accommodating the player because it is Enzo that wants to play further up, but as you say he isn't good enough at it.

Plus  people have been saying his poor performances are through fatigue and over playing. You can't then question Poch as soon as he rightly rests him. Currently this to me is another player whose myth is bigger than his actual product. Needs to up his game in a number of areas (along with about 8 other players mind)

1 minute ago, Bob stark said:

Nope, it is poch. 

Why? How do you feed Mudryk? 

I'm sorry, what is the thing with feeding Mudryk? 😅 He can't eat or get the ball himself or something? Our expectation for Mudryk is so low, everytime he makes a pass we are signing his praises. Even when he hit a shot to the corner flag people would say bad luck or good effort. If we are going to setup to play around 1 player, Mudryk be the last guy. As soon as we get our Nukuku fit, Mudryk be on the bench

Just now, icecoolguy22 said:

I'm sorry, what is the thing with feeding Mudryk? 😅 He can't eat or get the ball himself or something? Our expectation for Mudryk is so low, everytime he makes a pass we are signing his praises. Even when he hit a shot to the corner flag people would say bad luck or good effort. If we are going to setup to play around 1 player, Mudryk be the last guy. As soon as we get our Nukuku fit, Mudryk be on the bench

I am just messing with people 🤭🤭🤭

I agree that once Nkunku back, Mudryk will be on the bench but once Nkunku back, Enzo will be back playing deep so this conversation is irrelevant. 

Regarding Mudryk, you can see what happened vs sheffield when Enzo didnt play. He was lost

To make us a competitive unit we need a coach like Pochettino. He also needs to be assured he has time and resources to work with the young squad. I think he has that. Media is always referring to Roman's Chelsea. Hope we are not that dumb.

Things we need right now:

1. Time

2. Patience

3. Leaders growing into the role

4. Success stories in the pitch

5. Much less injuries

6. Players gelling and bonding

7. Chelsea fans behind the team and project

When I look at MU I can't help but feel they can't turn their fortunes around if they don't completely reboot. The Thing we have done and are in the process of. 

MU is one of the biggest football brands, twice as big as us. Following is huge. After SAF and their brilliant squads they've been an absolute garbage since then. No one can live to that expectation. It is basically a lose-lose situation for their players. Win: we should win we are the MU. Draw: failure! Lose: get the f**k out of my club. 

Ring any bells. Mourinho and the boys from 2004... nobody can live to that expectation. Lose-lose for the players. 

I am glad we have rebooted. It is not certain we will be back to what we were but at least we are doing things to turn it around. MU is just doing what they have done after SAF left without any success. 

What we need is fans to get behind the project and endure losses until the boys are big enough to win again.

10 hours ago, ducavis said:

Oh I’m not blaming him I thought it was inevitable. 

Still, I feel our entire game is revolving around Gallagher and that is the wrong way about it. 

17 hours ago, JM7 said:

Marc Cucurella will be out for 3 months, earliest February. (@FabrizioRomano)

My word, I think karma has well and truly got our number. It’s like when players get a “knock”, they go off and never comeback. 

It's no longer just us. It feels like it is because it's been going on for 3 years, but other teams are catching up now. The other day I was seeing Palace fans saying they only had 3 of their starting 11 available.

Things are really bad all over right now and the Premier League, UEFA, FIFA, Sky, they are all either ignoring it or pretending it's just unfortunate timing. They are ignoring the obvious, and that is that players are pushing the human body beyond what it's capable of.