The Injuries Predicament

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Colwill (toe) and Chilwell (knee) now added to the injury list, just moments Silva and Cucurella have coincidentally been declared fit. 

This simply can't be down to 'bad luck'. What are we doing in training? How intense are these sessions exactly? Are we making up the lack of European football with more intense training sessions and less recovery?

Edited by Sconnie Blue

There has to be a problem here surely, RLC and Pulisic have both missed 6 games from injury at Milan, but both of them have played about 30 games each so far. When we really struggled to get that out of them. Kante and Kova have stayed completely fit since leaving Chelsea, I'm not sure about other players.

It's such a shame because it doesn't even feel like Nkunku has had his first season here, he's always just here and there, playing catchup. Lavia has had one game. This team reminds me of Wengers Arsenal, and not the good one. 

9 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

There has to be a problem here surely, RLC and Pulisic have both missed 6 games from injury at Milan, but both of them have played about 30 games each so far. When we really struggled to get that out of them. Kante and Kova have stayed completely fit since leaving Chelsea, I'm not sure about other players.

It's such a shame because it doesn't even feel like Nkunku has had his first season here, he's always just here and there, playing catchup. Lavia has had one game. This team reminds me of Wengers Arsenal, and not the good one. 

Do you think we are raising the intensity levels in training for match sharpness, given the lack of European football?

Then again, we hardly experienced injuries during Conte's first season. 

1 minute ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Do you think we are raising the intensity levels in training for match sharpness, given the lack of European football?

Then again, we hardly experienced injuries during Conte's first season. 

I thought that but I thought about the Conte situation like you just brought up. And we've had some of the lowest intensity and ground-covered stats for years now, it made me think maybe that could be a factor in some way? Bleh, your guess is as good as mine. One thing I do know though is that this problem persisted since Lampard tookover, so Clearlake can't be blamed for it, we've had these problems for the last 5 years now. 

This is a long standing problem and needs to be fixed before we even think about any management change. Changing Poch while he can’t put out his desired best 11 will just saddle the new manager with legacy issues.

Let’s go a season without major long term injuries before changing a manager, if we can’t do that any new manager will fail here. They will always be fighting with one hand tied behind their back.

4 hours ago, El regreso said:

This is a long standing problem and needs to be fixed before we even think about any management change.

Incorrect.

Poch has suffered terribly with injuries and it has, without question, impacted his ability to win games with this squad.

However, we also need to consider Poch's selections and in-game management in terms of how they also have impacted our ability to win games.

Both things can be considered - but, crucially, one is not within his control whereas the other is.

Poch has failed in those moments where his actions could have positively impacted the things within his control and won us football matches. That's the crux of things.

12 hours ago, Munkunku said:

The women’s team are having an injury crisis too but are still managing to compete on all fronts.

They have a very competent coach that has them play as a team rather than a collection of individuals.

On 07/03/2024 at 20:33, Munkunku said:

The women’s team are having an injury crisis too but are still managing to compete on all fronts.

Women's team is also made up of Champions and not children. 

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Women's team is also made up of Champions and not children. 

I was more trying to point out the wider medical issues across the club as a whole.

14 hours ago, Munkunku said:

I was more trying to point out the wider medical issues across the club as a whole.

Fair enough if so, just pointing out the differences because of the "but are still managing to compete on all fronts." comment.

Both have injury crisis' but one if far better suited to deal with it with their experience and structure.

• 1 month later...