Deadline Day Drama

Zeta
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

This is the 3rd time I can remember you discounting the BBC as a source. Every football fan in this country knows they're by far the most reliable when it comes to transfer stories. They don't throw any sh*t at the wall. That story was on their website as well and on the radio. You honestly sound out of touch there. Again, it's hilarious that you choose not to believe the BBC but believe the Danilo state of mind stories from wherever you heard it.

Oh, that's OK then.  Some random on Twitter or whatever lists the trustworthiness or otherwise of a shedload of outlets, so it must be right.  

In my view, if it's an official Chelsea outlet, it's credible, if it's anything or anyone else, it's your "Tier 4" making guesses.  

I know nothing about Danilo's state of mind, not stories about it, and neither do I care.  I heard that the lad said, specifically and categorically, that he wanted to work with Guardiola.  Nothing about his state of mind, and nothing about believing or disbelieving anything.

Just refusing to buy into the "in the know, I have sources that you don't have, I'm special because I know stuff that no-one else knows" bullsh*t that swarms all media outlets, twatterers, bloggers, web-sites and commentators.  They KNOW no more than I do about the details.  FFS, some of these "credible" sources have just had Mahrez at Barcelona airport, some have him in a Paris airport and some have him in London.

24 minutes ago, ivorycoast said:

https://twitter.com/nutella070/status/903252550840934400

One Torino fans opinion when asked how good zappacosta is:

25 milioni vero affare... terzino ala salta l uomo crossa bene #affarone umil ...bella persona in bocca al lupo @DavideZappa #faròtifoperte

Twitter Translation : 25 million bargain ... @affarone humble man jumps crossed wing back good ... nice person in bocca al lupo #DavideZappa #faròtifoperte

bocca al lupo = good luck

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

So far, i have seen Charlie Nicholas get Conte's name wrong and straight after he got Bakayoko's name wrong. He was saying Costa instead of Conte and Babayoko instead of Bakayoko.

He is Scottish you want him to pronounce fancy names like that? You ask too much...

9 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Oh, that's OK then.  Some random on Twitter or whatever lists the trustworthiness or otherwise of a shedload of outlets, so it must be right.  

In my view, if it's an official Chelsea outlet, it's credible, if it's anything or anyone else, it's your "Tier 4" making guesses.  

I know nothing about Danilo's state of mind, not stories about it, and neither do I care.  I heard that the lad said, specifically and categorically, that he wanted to work with Guardiola.  Nothing about his state of mind, and nothing about believing or disbelieving anything.

Just refusing to buy into the "in the know, I have sources that you don't have, I'm special because I know stuff that no-one else knows" bullsh*t that swarms all media outlets, twatterers, bloggers, web-sites and commentators.  They KNOW no more than I do about the details.  FFS, some of these "credible" sources have just had Mahrez at Barcelona airport, some have him in a Paris airport and some have him in London.

Is it fair to say you're sceptical yorkley 

6 minutes ago, romansoldier1981 said:

If we get Zappacosta, Drinkwater and maybe Llorente then its a good deadline day, and adds some depth to the squad.

That's the only positive thing is that we add much needed depth. I can't see any of them making the first 11 when we're at full strength though. I was hoping for someone to bring in that would improve the team.

7 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I've yet to see any consistently accurate reporter across any of the possible outlets that would make me change my mind.  The people I know in the press are quite open about how they discuss possibilities and then run them as "factual stories" because there is no comeback for all the incorrect ones, people still buy the paper, or click the link or follow the twatterer or blogger.

4 minutes ago, dynamite said:

That's the only positive thing is that we add much needed depth. I can't see any of them making the first 11 when we're at full strength though. I was hoping for someone to bring in that would improve the team.

Exactly,  I just want at least one signing that will make us go wow!  A quality player - already established and accomplished that we know will get into the 1st 11 and add value!

5 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

16 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Yorkley is just confirming what we all think that Marina and Co have been sat on Romans yacht sunning it up on the Riviera throughout August. 

5 minutes ago, RMCM said:

I'd rather an under the radar signing like Zappa, puts no pressure on the lad and he could turn out to be another Dave. Cautiously optimistic if it goes through, now let's get a centre mid. If we don't get a striker it's not the end of the world since we have Michy. 

I'm not fussed if we don't sign another striker. Morata and Batshuayi are enough, and if we got really desperate, Hazard can play there. I would rather we signed Mahrez than another striker.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm not fussed if we don't sign another striker. Morata and Batshuayi are enough, and if we got really desperate, Hazard can play there. I would rather we signed Mahrez than another striker.

Same here, Morata looks the business, and as you said, Hazard can play CF if we don't fancy Michy. I would also rather Mahrez to Llorente, but at the same time i'd love to see what Musonda has to offer.

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

If things get really bad there's always Cahil.

Same here, Morata looks the business, and as you said, Hazard can play CF if we don't fancy Michy. I would also rather Mahrez to Llorente, but at the same time i'd love to see what Musonda has to offer.

Well we are favourites to sign Mahrez at the moment at 1/2. Barcelona drifting to 7/1 so hopefully something is happening.

If we get Mahrez we can go very offensive when needed.

Tibo

Azpi        Luiz       Rudi

Moses              Kante                 Alonso

Willian                    Hazard

Mahrez

Morata

Some of the comments in this thread are pure gold, I love you guys. :biggrin:

Anyway, if we do manage to get Zappacosta I'll be very happy. He is a typical Conte player, a workhorse and a threat offensively, very similar to Alonso. His defensive side needs work but I'm sure Conte can sort that out. 

I think Mahrez is a good right winger and very skillful.  But please help me understand - will he be a very good addition?  We have hazard Pedro Willian + [Musonda Kennedy] very low down the pecking order in these positions.  Its rare to have 12 of Pedro Hazard Willian injured at the same time so is he a really good addition?  At the moment I think he is intended for the depth and cup games and back up to when these guys get injured (which i think Musonda can do?)- but will he challenge for a starting place?

2 minutes ago, dhidza said:

I think Mahrez is a good right winger and very skillful.  But please help me understand - will he be a very good addition?  We have hazard Pedro Willian + [Musonda Kennedy] very low down the pecking order in these positions.  Its rare to have 12 of Pedro Hazard Willian injured at the same time so is he a really good addition?  At the moment I think he is intended for the depth and cup games and back up to when these guys get injured (which i think Musonda can do?)- but will he challenge for a starting place?

He can, personally I think he's more creative than Pedro or Willian. Both are good in transitional play but Mahrez is one of those players that can unlock a defense. Plus it's a good tactical option to make the opponents guessing.

He is waaaaay more creative than Pedro and Willian. His dribbling skills  are at higher level, much higher tbh, and if the balls is in him, he is a bigger danger than Williand and Pedro. You never know with them where the ball goes. The problem is, they dont, too. He is an improve, that's for sure. But that will never happen. We cant get here players like OXC, Drinkwater and Llorente you are discussing Mahrez. Not very realistic, mate. 

Edited by Pendergast