Early exit fans taught a lesson

The Brit
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

never like it when people leave early just to beat the traffic etc...if the game is such an inconvenience don't turn up! and if you can't take chelsea not winning then you're not a true fan...the last few minutes gave the kind of excitement that is a reward for those that stick with the team throughout...those that left early can hang their heads in shame

well said brit

I nearly turned the match off after 85 minutes because it threatened to destroy the start of my four day weekend. So I guess I am as bad as those who left, but still, there were alot of good individual performances despite the scoreline, and that was deserving of some kind of acknowledgement.

never like it when people leave early just to beat the traffic etc...if the game is such an inconvenience don't turn up! and if you can't take chelsea not winning then you're not a true fan...the last few minutes gave the kind of excitement that is a reward for those that stick with the team throughout...those that left early can hang their heads in shame

that's the kind of thing Rottenham 'fans' do. They always leave 5 mins early to beat the traffic, never been to any other ground like 3 point lane which is virtually empty at FT, win lose or draw.

Westway! I never once even thought of turning off the TV, just sat there in disbelief for most of the match at how we managed to play well and have so many shots and so much possession, yet not manage a breakthrough.

As far as I'm concerned those fans got what they deserved, screw 'em.

Edited by blizeH

I agree wholeheartedly. It made me really angry to see people giving up on the team. It wasn't even as if we were playing badly. It took a long time but in the end we got what we deserved.

I would say though that on the whole the crowd was pretty good and didn't get on the teams back even when Stoke scored.

I couldn't go to the game yesterday but I'm afraid I have a mate who regularly does this. I don't know why. He is a life-long Chelsea fan who I have gone with since the 70's. He left his seat in the MHU yesterday with 10 minutes to go. Didn't find out the final score until he got off the train.

As the great Brian Clough once said "It only takes a second to score a goal."

I can't understand it either, i've never left a game early in my life (Apart from when the Stewards chucked me out of the ground for singing against Newcastle the other year :rolleyes: )

As for the game, well it's all I've ever wanted from a Chelsea team, a few youngsters in the mix, passion for the shirt and a never say die attitude. The spirit was clear to see and celebtations team and bench like the day Billy G***** smacked the winner in to cement our place at the top against the Spuds.

I really would settle for Spurs to be relegated and the likes of Kakuta, Stoich, Di Santo and Mancienne blooded, us winning nothing then the likes of Drogba sold in the summer. If Kenyon was to go too, well it would mean as much as our first title win in my life.

Dunno, if any of the old timers can help me out here, but Di Santo, a proper number nine if I ever saw one by the way, he reminds me of an old blue ... the way he runs, puts himself about and arches over slightly.

Got Trevor Aylott, Bill Garner, Teddy Maybank runnning through my head, but it's driving me nuts !!!

As the great Brian Clough once said "It only takes a second to score a goal."

I can't understand it either, i've never left a game early in my life (Apart from when the Stewards chucked me out of the ground for singing against Newcastle the other year :rolleyes: )

As for the game, well it's all I've ever wanted from a Chelsea team, a few youngsters in the mix, passion for the shirt and a never say die attitude. The spirit was clear to see and celebtations team and bench like the day Billy G***** smacked the winner in to cement our place at the top against the Spuds.

I really would settle for Spurs to be relegated and the likes of Kakuta, Stoich, Di Santo and Mancienne blooded, us winning nothing then the likes of Drogba sold in the summer. If Kenyon was to go too, well it would mean as much as our first title win in my life.

Dunno, if any of the old timers can help me out here, but Di Santo, a proper number nine if I ever saw one by the way, he reminds me of an old blue ... the way he runs, puts himself about and arches over slightly.

Got Trevor Aylott, Bill Garner, Teddy Maybank runnning through my head, but it's driving me nuts !!!

Star. Tommy Langley?

It's an interesting point Just. It's certainly not just the JCL's that are guilty of arriving late and leaving early. I have a mate who is as an avid lifelong Chelsea fan and goes to all the matches home and away. But every match he turns up from the pub just after kick off, always leaves for the bar 5 mins before half time, arrives back after the second half starts and then leaves 5 mins from the end to get to the pub. I'll never understand it.

I've never understood this...do these people also leave the theater ten minutes before the movie ends?

this has always been my argument. there paying a lot of money and not seeing the end, madness. ive never left any sporting event early as you really have no idea what is going to happen and you may miss a once in a lifetime occurance.

Ahh, the ol "80 minute season ticket holders" as my mate calls them, glad they missed out on it, like they would have missed Gallas' screamer against Spuds in the 05/06 season... stay and support your team to the end.

I hate whistle dodgers - I hate the fact that the last 10 minutes of the game is constantly disrupted by people asking you to shift so they can squeeeze out. The Ibrox disaster was actually caused by whistle dodgers trying to turn round and coe back in because they heard the crowd roar due to a goal being scored.

I hold my hands up to leaving early once in the modern era. It was the week of Vialli's sacking, we were losing 2-0 with a minute to go and I just couldn't face the end because I was deeply, deeply upset by the whole events of that week.

During the mid 70's I left early a few times but didn't actually miss anything because I could see the last 5 minutes of the game by the gap between the East stand and the old shed.

the worst, typically, is in the east stand.

always has people still coming in ten minutes in, and then 5 mins to go they leave- but the stand is so poorly built that it takes ages to get out anyway- so it's actually pointless to try leaving before fulltime- you'll spend all your time getting down the stairs, and once you're out there are all the early leavers from every other stand (all closer to the station) there already, so it's not only annoying, but pointless too.

people still do it every week.

I remember a few seasons back Jimmy scoring a cracker late on in a game we were struggling against "weaker" opposition. A lot of the "fans" left early and missed the goal, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was against? Anyway, well done to those of you who stayed!

I remember a few seasons back Jimmy scoring a cracker late on in a game we were struggling against "weaker" opposition. A lot of the "fans" left early and missed the goal, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was against? Anyway, well done to those of you who stayed!

blackburn at home? desailly error and we were two down and jimmy hit a great free kick at the death?