Your favourite ever kit

dkw

was going through my chelsea kit selection yesterday to pick one to play 5-a-sides in and was wondering which one was my favourite. not neccessarily the one you think is the best but the one you have an affinity to for any reason. mine was this one Chelsea-88-Away.jpg from 88 as it was the first new strip my dad ever bought me, i used to just get his cast offs usually. ive still got it and play in it quite often.

Personally I love these tops for nostalgic reasons......

1823newm.jpg

1801newm.jpg

Same here.........had both as replica's when I was a kid. The era of Dixon, Speedie, Nevin, That game in Sheffield and ''Oh it's Cannoville, Chelsea have done it'' commentry from Tony Gubba......oh Happy days

My favourite has got to be the 1969/70 kit, all royal blue with just the crest on the shirt, stripe & number on the shorts, with white socks - total class! Plus we won the Cup for the first time that season, great memories!

PeterOsgood.jpg

My favourite away kit is tied between the 1969/70 yellow shirts, blue shorts with yellow trim, yellow socks; and the much more recent 2003-ishEmbassy Regal kit.

Chelsea-EmbassyRegal.jpg

...and my favourite Rangers shirt is the 1983 one, I've still got my original somewhere, but for some mysterious reason it doesn't seem to fit me anymore - it must have shrunk :(

Rangers-83-Home.jpg

...and my favourite Rangers shirt is the 1983 one, I've still got my original somewhere, but for some mysterious reason it doesn't seem to fit me anymore - it must have shrunk :)

Isn't it a bugger the way that happens! And have you noticed how incredibly inaccurate modern sizing is! Everything is much smaller than it used to be! :(

My favourite has got to be the 1969/70 kit, all royal blue with just the crest on the shirt, stripe & number on the shorts, with white socks - total class! Plus we won the Cup for the first time that season, great memories!

PeterOsgood.jpg

That's the one.................

If I had to pick one from all time (i.e. including 'before my days') the it would be the 69/70 one Bluebeard chose. Of all the ones from my days I agree with Coco's top choice as it brings back memories of the Dixon/Speedie/Nevin partnership.

The only difference between the 1968-1970 kit and the 1970-1971 kit was the addition of a star for the FA Cup, and then the 1971-1973 shirt had a second star for the Cup Winners Cup. What's perhaps even more significant is that of these three variations, the 1970-1971 FA Cup Winners kit is the only one currently stocked by Toffs.

That was my first Chelsea shirt, really nice... pity about the away one! Loved our Centenary jersey, thought it was class!

I loved this shirt and although the 'COORS' letters on my shirt are fading, this is my favourite.

Reminds me of the FA-cup, Zola, Wise, Gullitt, Vialli, Di Matteo. Ah, those were the days :lol:

The four kits shown in Coco's and Bluebeard's posts are easily my favourites of all time.

I had the blue home shirt back in '84 - the one worn by Nevin and co. It looked great and felt great and I kept it for years but I think I let my nephew have it when I had a clear out.

And my Mrs got me the classic 1970 shirt from Toffs a couple of Christmas's ago. It's long sleave and good for all occassions.

For away kits have fond memories of the yellow and of course that classic 4-4 with Sheff Wed, but I think my favourite is the one Bluebeard posted. Really didn't see us wear that often enough.

Hate any kits we have had with red in it and also didn't like the home shirt with the criss/cross white lines on. Think it was the kit we had when we got rlegated in '88 (probably why I disliked it so much). Can picture Gordon Durie wearing it now - yuk.

The only difference between the 1968-1970 kit and the 1970-1971 kit was the addition of a star for the FA Cup, and then the 1971-1973 shirt had a second star for the Cup Winners Cup. What's perhaps even more significant is that of these three variations, the 1970-1971 FA Cup Winners kit is the only one currently stocked by Toffs.

Without searching for the video's, were the stripes and numbers at Old Trafford yellow or white?

Archived