Last Movie You Watched

Romford Pele
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The Raid 2, the story felt a bit all over the place but then you see a whole punch of people getting their faces slammed into a wall you kind of stop caring and just enjoy the ridiculously brilliant fight scenes. 

Not quite as good as the first and with a 2.5 hour running time it's pretty long for what is essentially an action film but well worth a watch if you like a well choreographed fight scene (baseball bat boy and hammer girl being a highlight for me). 

Have you seen the first one? Havent seen either but heard good things. Love a good action flick every now and then! As for Interstellar, I feel it may be an imax job...

Interstellar. Mind blowing. Loved it.

I'm fascinated by Black Holes, Wormholes and Time Manipulation/Travel, so this is my kind of movie.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Being on a planet that is orbiting a huge black hole which causes time to go much slower and obviously the huge tidal waves was fantastic. When they returned to Endurance and they found out that they'd been gone 23 years (to them it was around a couple of hours). Louise and I looked each other and mouthed "Oh my god".

Great film.

Fifty dead men walking. The story of Martin McGartland who infiltrated the IRA. Watchable 7/10

I really enjoyed that film: Kingsley is an actor who really becomes the character he plays and the lead was convincing. The scene where the SAS took out the IRA in the pub was v well done.

Never heard of it, does it swing a particular way in bias terms ?

No. It's based on a true story of an IRA member who was picked up by the RUC Special Branch and persuaded to tip off the Security Services about PIRA Ops. The 50 dead men walking are the men he is supposed by his actions. The IRA don't come well out of the film but they are portrayed honestly. Similarly, the SAS shooting PIRA members and PIRA prisoners without warning is shown. It's good, action packed film and the threat the guy was under comes over. The real guy's name was Martin McGartland.

I watched it after reading the above, a good interesting film.  

Who was the character playing the role of the supposed high ranking IRA informer often thought to be Gerry Adams or Martin McGuiness, was it the little torturer bloke, or the woman?  

I'll re-watch it and see.

Funny you mention Adams being (possibly) a mole within PIRA as you do wonder how he escaped assassination.

Adams was shot in 1984 by the UDA and apparently the RUC knew of the attack. The RUC had discovered the UDA ammo cache and replaced high velocity rounds with low velocity rounds and that contributed to Adams surviving the attack. Bit of a conspiracy theory!

Edited by Spudulike

Took the kids to 'the Book of Life ' today. Bit disappointing to be honest. Looks fantastic and the animation is first class but a little surprisingly it's darker sides were diluted by excessive throwing in if cheesy stuff for the kids. Del Toro still a genius though.

Interstellar. Personally I don't have an inbetween with science fiction either I hate it or love it. Just wasted three hours of my life... pretentious bullsh*t. No doubt lots love the film as the high score on IMDB shows,just not for me.

Saw this on BFI IMAX yesterday. Incredible film. Would love to know why you thought it was "pretentious bullsh*t"

It was superbly acted by Matthew Mcconaughey and the science behind it was quite interesting. When it came to the black hole stuff its only theory so whatever the creative license Nolan came up with was fine in my eyes. You've got to remember, it's just a film. And I was a wreck throughout. I must have cried 4 times.

9/10

Saw this on BFI IMAX yesterday. Incredible film. Would love to know why you thought it was "pretentious bullsh*t"

It was superbly acted by Matthew Mcconaughey and the science behind it was quite interesting. When it came to the black hole stuff its only theory so whatever the creative license Nolan came up with was fine in my eyes. You've got to remember, it's just a film. And I was a wreck throughout. I must have cried 4 times.

9/10

You CRIED four times? Now, now, blueblur, you've got to remember, it's just a film!

9/10

A quick look on IMDB  will show your right. Just not a film for myself I stand by my review, I don't have a degree in quantum physics so the dialogue was gobblegook to me. We all have different tastes in cinema which is exactly how it should be.

A quick look on IMDB  will show your right. Just not a film for myself I stand by my review, I don't have a degree in quantum physics so the dialogue was gobblegook to me. We all have different tastes in cinema which is exactly how it should be.

95% of audiences won't have a degree in quantum physics, that shouldn't taint your enjoyment level. In actual fact, the film held your hand throughout, through expositional dialogue. You're entitled to your view, of course! Have you seen Gravity? 

Yesterday I watched for the first time in ? years (i.e. saw it so many years ago that I can't remember when, Life is Beautiful with Roberto Benigni.  Still as wonderful as when I first saw it.  Possibly one of the finest films I have ever seen.  There's a film worth shedding tears for!