MOTM Analysis & The Shed End Player of the Year

loz

No surprise there, however i feel if Lamps performed better at the start of the season he would of eclisped Drogba.

If we take the end of December as being the half way point in the season then the analysis between Lamps and Drogs is as follows

LampsvsDrogs.jpg

Based on that I doubt Lamps would have eclipsed him as even when Lamps was playing well Drogs was pretty much on a par with him.

I think if Ivan hadn't missed those three or four weeks towards the end of the season he might have nicked it altogether

That is an interesting thought. Especially when you consider that of the 5 games he missed the MOTM went to a defender (alex and Zhirkov) on two of them.

but you can't forget drogba missed games going to the ANC.

also we didn't lose at blackburn loz.

Oops I was getting confused with the defeat in the cup. CHanged it to draw.

False accounting - we all know Kalou was player of the year - and just think next season when he uses his feet instead of his shins he'll set the world on fire - Hallelujah

Great stuff Loz, nice one.

Surprised Anelka only picked up one 'award' - there was a period during the first half of the season when I seemed to vote for him every week!

Anyway, simply can't argue with the winner.

Number of votes: Anelka - 224, Lampard - 261

A 37 vote difference, and yet Lamps won 5 MOTM awards to Anelka's 1. How strange.

Great work, Loz ::ChELSeAFaN::

Number of votes Essien 206 and he only played, what half of the season? Imagine how well we did without him!

Great stuff, Loz, interesting stuff.

The MOTM awards can't be argued with, though the overall votes could be slightly off. I remember many times some idiot(s) voting for someone who'd only been on the pitch for a minute or two, when the MOTM was an obvious choice. But that would only alter the stats slightly, so I found it all very interesting - great work!

You're not wrong about the stupid votes Steve howewver as you say that wouldn't make a material difference as fortunately we tend to only have one or two instances of it each game.

Cheers stato !

Well done to Ivan and Malouda for pushing the Prems golden boot boy all the way to the wire, Ivan plays in a position next to JT, so to eclipse his capt with MOTM awards this season is remarkable and because of this he will be my personal player of the season.

interesting stuff.........just shows that we blues fans can spot a very decent player who is not featured in the press or on the telly much but game in game out he does the job, no fuss, nothing daft - just rock solid every game

we've got ivanovic!

• 2 weeks later...