Vintage Blues pictures and film

On 18/09/2022 at 11:14, bluehaze said:

This is despite the title mainly about Chelsea, Chubby's hair has to be seen to be believed 🤣

I wasn't at the game, when Arsenal made an appearance in the West Stand, but a mate was who was thoroughly impressed with Chubby that day.

In his words, he was knocking them down like skittles.

On 31/07/2022 at 09:19, CFCCAN said:

Greyhound track like the pic below from another track

lights.jpg

We used to hang around on the West terrace as kids long after the games ended.

saw them swinging the lights over the dog track a few times though never saw the races.But

Pretty sure there were kennels behind the North terrace but I've never found a pic to verify it.

On 20/09/2022 at 10:20, Fruit Bat said:

Chubby protesting his innocence with a straight face !

as for Glass , nasty piece of work.. 

it's always presented as like minded men in an honourable battle against each other.

unfortunately lots of innocent fans including youngsters  and single blokes were targeted and suffered awful violence from these gangs from nearly every club

.some things I saw were sickening. Most of it is gone, But Tottenham got themselves an outfit after it was all over, aided by the non existent old bill at the regular place  wherere away fans were attacked by their lot at WHL

On 17/09/2022 at 15:03, bluehaze said:

A mate of mine who's West Ham told me Man United used to swamp away grounds not trouble as such but they had such numbers they could do what they wanted they were given the Shed one year apparently think it was 66 not sure. But West Ham were getting fed up of it so in 1972 loads of dockers turned up and United got a good hiding it's on YouTube so many numbers in the Southbank people had to go on the pitch.

They swamped the shed twice in sucession. After the first one we turned up early but the f**kers must have all got in when the gates opened and the shed was full of them again. We ended up over by the Bovril  entrance.

the text thing changed " gates" to " Bates" btw !

On 17/09/2022 at 14:20, LOFTYBILL said:

A lot of trouble that day especially in and around the park. Plymouth is, was quite a tough town.

On 17/09/2022 at 14:20, LOFTYBILL said:

A lot of trouble that day especially in and around the park. Plymouth is, was quite a tough town.

Plymouth were the team that ended Millwalls long unbeaten home record in 1967 . Inevitably their team coach was attacked and Windows smashed. Found about that time Dougan scored at the Den and wrongly thought the fan running towards him was to congratulate him and held his hand out, only to get a kick in the Bollocks !

our local paper the South London Press was always full of Millwall , their fans smashing the Chairman's car showroom windows, and fans waiting for match official and hurling a manhole cover at them.

our parents forbid us   from going there but when we went to the odd game we always said we went to Dulwich Hamlet.

I always thought their fans were grumpy miserable bastards who gave their own team as much abuse as they gave the opposition  .

anyway I think the New Den has got a " Dockers Stand"  The Den was enough for me never been to the New Den.

On 24/09/2022 at 17:54, The Rising Sun said:

Plymouth were the team that ended Millwalls long unbeaten home record in 1967 . Inevitably their team coach was attacked and Windows smashed. Found about that time Dougan scored at the Den and wrongly thought the fan running towards him was to congratulate him and held his hand out, only to get a kick in the Bollocks !

our local paper the South London Press was always full of Millwall , their fans smashing the Chairman's car showroom windows, and fans waiting for match official and hurling a manhole cover at them.

our parents forbid us   from going there but when we went to the odd game we always said we went to Dulwich Hamlet.

I always thought their fans were grumpy miserable bastards who gave their own team as much abuse as they gave the opposition  .

anyway I think the New Den has got a " Dockers Stand"  The Den was enough for me never been to the New Den.

I read Harry Rednapps biography a while back. He grew up in Poplar, and his old man was a football mad docker, who quite often crossed the river to watch Millwall, because they were THE dockers team.

I'm told back in the day quite a few Milllwall lived north of the river and got the East London line to The Den. The union official Bob Crowe was a Millwall fan from Shadwell.

3 hours ago, Fruit Bat said:

I read Harry Rednapps biography a while back. He grew up in Poplar, and his old man was a football mad docker, who quite often crossed the river to watch Millwall, because they were THE dockers team.

I'm told back in the day quite a few Milllwall lived north of the river and got the East London line to The Den. The union official Bob Crowe was a Millwall fan from Shadwell.

Bob Crowe actually quoted the " no one likes us we don't care" to a reporter once when interviewed about a strike.!

Think this was my 4th or 5th Chelsea game nearly a ft in height between Ian Britton and George Wood 😆. My main memory of the game we went 2-1 up and started singing the score something that never happens anymore ! Blackpool equalized and Wood turned round to the Shed and put up two fingers from both hands.

FdZmkI0XgAEeuvy.jpg