Any game recommendation?

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Really looking forward to Skyrim Special Editon next week. I have a question though, could someone explain to me about mods?

Im aware the modding community on the PC version modded things, but it all just looks silly, such as mud crabs who swear when hit, etc. Are there any good mods that actually enhance the experience of playing the game? And can you literally mod anything? I'm on PS4 

19 hours ago, Blueblur said:

Really looking forward to Skyrim Special Editon next week. I have a question though, could someone explain to me about mods?

Im aware the modding community on the PC version modded things, but it all just looks silly, such as mud crabs who swear when hit, etc. Are there any good mods that actually enhance the experience of playing the game? And can you literally mod anything? I'm on PS4 

I played Skyrim. I used one mod for most of my time playing it (a UI mod, to make the inventory screens etc less cumbersome). I later on played around with a new follower mod, and a different start mod, and a few visual ones.

I never went with the random crazy ones. I loved the game when I was playing it, enjoyed all the DLC. I stopped playing with very few quests to go in the game (and struggled to go back again). I don't know if the mods that are out will transfer to the new Skyrim release or not though...mod makers may have to tinker a little bit to make them work properly (I don't actually know that much about how modding works)

21 hours ago, Cam said:

I played Skyrim. I used one mod for most of my time playing it (a UI mod, to make the inventory screens etc less cumbersome). I later on played around with a new follower mod, and a different start mod, and a few visual ones.

Thanks, the UI mod is necessary by the sounds of it, the inventory screens were a bit fiddly! I am dying to get back into Tamriel and lose myself in a world of warring factions and dragons again. I didn't play any of the DLC so am looking forward to build my own house, get married and have kids. 

3 hours ago, RichardCFC said:

Yep and loving it. Best shooter for a long time.

Playing as a scout on big maps and as support on small ones. The maps are simply amazing.

My manager has been waxing lyrical about Battlefield 1, I must get it! Might ask for it for Christmas, can't really afford to buy that as well. 

14 hours ago, JM7 said:

Absolutely loving BF1. So good. 

Anyone else playing it?

Yeah played a fair bit over the weekend. 

Slightly disappointed by how short the campaign/missions are, you could easily plough through the whole lot in one day. I'm playing them on hard, then I'll go back and do them again on easy to do the challenges and find all the field logs etc.

Multiplayer is great though, you really get a feeling of being in a war charging forwards and trying to capture the outposts. Great to be able to play an online shooter where there other players can't just bounce around all over the map and you aren't dealing with endless killstreaks being called in. 

The airships are a bit of a bitch though, wish there was more ways of shooting them down. 

Played the first two "war stories" on the Battlefield campaign - the tank one and the plane one. They were both great - I somehow managed to get attached to the characters despite them only taking between 1-2 hours each. I like how Battlefield has acknowledged that its campaigns haven't been any good for ages and have tried something completely different in the different war stories - it's worked. 

This game is so good.

Anyone getting Skyrim today? 

I pre-ordered it so it should be waiting for me when I get home tonight.

I think I'll start my playthrough as a High Elf this time. I'm a magicka and sword kind of guy. I played as a Wood-Elf/Bosmer last time, as a thief who was highly proficient with a bow and arrow. 

Reading the above back...man i'm such a geek..

2 hours ago, Blueblur said:

Anyone getting Skyrim today? 

I pre-ordered it so it should be waiting for me when I get home tonight.

I think I'll start my playthrough as a High Elf this time. I'm a magicka and sword kind of guy. I played as a Wood-Elf/Bosmer last time, as a thief who was highly proficient with a bow and arrow. 

Reading the above back...man i'm such a geek..

Already got it and I'm currently playing it on PC.

I think I'm going be an archer/thief kind of Khajiit this time. Played as an Argonian and Orc previously and had a great time as a non-human/elf character.

The textures and lighting effects have been significantly improved. The mountains, trees and river look stunning as a whole... I think the audio sounds more realistic as well based on the sound of rain and waterfalls.

All in all, it's a pretty good remastered version from what I've seen so far and I hope more compatible mods will be released in the near future.

Edited by Zinc

My only playthrough of Skyrim saw me play as a Khajit, archer, mage.

Snuck around everywhere, used a conjured bow, killed what I could from distance, and used magic in close encounters. Struggled at the start, because I was wearing robes etc with no damage resistance, and the cloaking spells ran out too fast. Eventually I realised the power of enchanting and smithing, so teched into them. Made myself complete dragonscale light armour, enchanted my gear to give myself 100% reduction in mana cost of destruction spells.

Became invincible. No one can touch you when you dual cast (to stagger), magic with no restrictions on amount you can use it. Stopped being an archer, because there was no need anymore, stopped sneaking too. But, I did love my sneaky archery for the initial 40-50 levels.