Any game recommendation?

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

6 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I was an Xbox guy until recently so i'll have to give Uncharted and The Last of Us a go. Which would you recommend first?

I think the reason i'm not enjoying Fifa is because i solely play Ultimate Team and Pro Clubs usually, both of which aren't great this year. Career mode seems good though.

Oh, you're in for a treat...especially if you go into the Last of Us blind. Play that first. There's a remastered PS4 version (after it initially came out on PS3), which has a good DLC included as well.

As for Uncharted, you can get the Uncharted Collection (also remastered from PS3), which includes the first three games, all of which are great (2 is phenomenal), and then the 4th and final game, which was released on PS4 this year.

The Last of Us is one of the most popular games ever, and for good reason....and the Uncharted series is an excellent ride.

Edit: In a similar vein to the Uncharted series, the Tomb Raider reboot is fun too. I played the first one (but on PC not console), but haven't played the second one yet. That's not a PS title though, it's cross platform, so you might have already played the games. The first was a pleasant surprise to me (I got it in a steam sale). I'll pick up the second at some point.

Edited by Cam

Finished Mafia 3 last night.

Story wise and especially the way the story was told it's one of the best I've seen in a game.

Other than that though got to say the game was a let down. Gun play is fine, driving is fine but there is almost zero variation in the missions... Everything boils down to here's a big room, kill everyone.

No stealth sections, no driving sections, just go here, kill these people maybe destroy some boxes... rinse repeat. It also gets really easy once you get a silenced pistol because then you can just skulk around picking everyone of with headshots. 

It's a shame because there is a lot of potential there. Personally I think the game would have worked better as a linear game rather than open world because the world itself is so empty apart from the cookie cutter missions you do.

Picking up Batlefield 1 on Friday, really looking forward to playing a World War shooter... I don't like the futuristic setting that most FPS games have now, it over complicates what's a very simple genre of games. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Picking up Batlefield 1 on Friday, really looking forward to playing a World War shooter... I don't like the futuristic setting that most FPS games have now, it over complicates what's a very simple genre of games. 

I'm playing it at the moment on EA Access. Comfortably the best FPS I've played in a long time. It has everything that I used to love in the original Call of Duty games.

I have it pre-ordered, can't wait for the full game.

Edited by RichardCFC

1 hour ago, RichardCFC said:

I'm playing it at the moment on EA Access. Comfortably the best FPS I've played in a long time. It has everything that I used to love in the original Call of Duty games.

I have it pre-ordered, can't wait for the full game.

That's reassuring to hear, I've had a bad spell with games for a couple of months now so I'm really hoping for something that I enjoy a lot. 

After such a dry spell with decent release for what feels about three months now suddenly I'm facing the prospect of having a bit of a backlog to play through. 

Batlefield 1

Rise of the Tombraider 

Skyrim remastered 

Dishonoured 2

Watchdogs 2

All coming out before the end of the year that I want to play... Tintanfall and Call of Duty can f**k off. 

17 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

As those of you will remember, my mate works at Rockstar. It is 100% the new Red Dead! Coming spring next year 

My mate just told me there's some article kicking about saying there won't really be much of a single player story? 

I have no idea where he got it so it could well be sh*te, but please tell me you have some inside knowledge that it's not true?!

Don't get me wrong, I loved Redemption online but the story was immense and I really hope they don't get rid of or reduce it!

13 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

My mate just told me there's some article kicking about saying there won't really be much of a single player story? 

I have no idea where he got it so it could well be sh*te, but please tell me you have some inside knowledge that it's not true?!

Don't get me wrong, I loved Redemption online but the story was immense and I really hope they don't get rid of or reduce it!

Nonsense. There is a full single player story and you get to play as dual protagonists- a guy called Arthur who is mentoring a young John Marsden in the ways of the west. So it's a prequel, really. 

Nintendo has just announced the Nintendo Switch.

It's a hybrid of handheld and TV gaming, and it features detachable controllers (as well as a normal one).

Wait.... did the guy in the video play Skyrim with that? :laugh2:

Edited by Zinc