• Bosingwa
    • Romeu
    • Meireles
    • Lampard
    • Torres
    • Mata
    • Ramires
    • McEachran

Tough ones as I missed a lot of the first half. Bosingwa had a good game possession wise but once again can't be relied on defensively.

Ramires ran and ran and always gives us an outlet but kept choosing the wrong final ball (other than the goal!).

Has to be Mata I guess.

Torres, cant be anyone else and surely not Lampard - based on the goal alone perhaps!

Ramires had a great game as well and would have picked him if Torres didnt have such a good game, took on players and just looked confident, now he just needs to get fed himself - saw a few times how frustrated he was when he didnt get the ball played to him when he was making good runs, especially the last one where Ramires didnt play him.

He shines via through balls.

I am not sure why so many people seem to be blown over by Torres performance today. He was the central striker supported by a right sided midfielder playing on the right wing and a central playmaker playing on the left wing. Given both of these facts he should have been focusing on being a centre forward instead of drifting all over the place and making himself unavailable in the positions where he should be most dangerous.

Back in his day JFH was often criticised for doing nothing if he wasn't scoring. I would take that over a centre forward who covers a lot of ground but barely gets near the goal and still doesn't look like scoring. At least with JFH the other players knew that when we were in possession he would be making a run on goal and looking to get into a position where scoring was a possibility.

I actually struggled to pick anyone as they were all below par but ended up going for Mata although nearly went for Ramires as he did reasonably well playing out of position.

Phil thompson just said torres was very poor today. WTF was he watching? It was his magic ball to cole that gave us the win ffs. He looked lively but just misses that finishing touch which he would of had back by now if it wasn't for avb dropping him for 2 months.

Went for torres but cole came closely second. What impressed me with cole was his crunching tackles and when he lost the ball, he pressed immediately often leading to a wolves player make a mistake. Lamps had a pretty good game as well, not just talking about his goal.

Tough ones as I missed a lot of the first half. Bosingwa had a good game possession wise but once again can't be relied on defensively.

Ramires ran and ran and always gives us an outlet but kept choosing the wrong final ball (other than the goal!).

Has to be Mata I guess.

Thought you'd of voted Josh :wink:

I am not sure why so many people seem to be blown over by Torres performance today. He was the central striker supported by a right sided midfielder playing on the right wing and a central playmaker playing on the left wing. Given both of these facts he should have been focusing on being a centre forward instead of drifting all over the place and making himself unavailable in the positions where he should be most dangerous.

Back in his day JFH was often criticised for doing nothing if he wasn't scoring. I would take that over a centre forward who covers a lot of ground but barely gets near the goal and still doesn't look like scoring. At least with JFH the other players knew that when we were in possession he would be making a run on goal and looking to get into a position where scoring was a possibility.

I actually struggled to pick anyone as they were all below par but ended up going for Mata although nearly went for Ramires as he did reasonably well playing out of position.

Completely agree about Torres.

It seems all he has to do is have a game where he doesnt embarrass himself and doesnt play in a shambolic manner and he gets voted mom. Only the other day I noticed people were voting for him because he hit the crossbar and no more! The ultimate insult if you ask me...

I'm sick of hearing about runs and movement, I just want goals from him. One will do.

Mom today for me was Mata. Hes doing so well under such ludicrous pressure being the only player in our team capable of anything creative right now.

Completely agree about Torres.

It seems all he has to do is have a game where he doesnt embarrass himself and doesnt play in a shambolic manner and he gets voted mom. Only the other day I noticed people were voting for him because he hit the crossbar and no more! The ultimate insult if you ask me...

I'm sick of hearing about runs and movement, I just want goals from him. One will do.

Mom today for me was Mata. Hes doing so well under such ludicrous pressure being the only player in our team capable of anything creative right now.

Or the fact it was magnificent ball by him that helped us win the game? He may not of scored but he contributed to us winning the game.

Think Torres showed some good touches and nice movement today but equally lost out in situations where a striker of his calibre he should be doing a lot better. No way a MOTM performance but still an improvement.

Thank f*ck for the voices of reason and sanity that are Loz and BJD. It is been laughable reading some of the comments about Torres today on the match thread. You'd have thought Pele was wearing the no:9 shirt for us and was ripping Wolves to bits.

Torres was alright today nothing more, nothing less and he still didn't look remotely like scoring. Seriously I have never known any player be so over-hyped. Ever.

I know one thing with 100% certainty if Drogba had played like Torres did today many of the people bigging up Nando would have said Drogba was rubbish, he doesn't give a f*ck, he can't last 90 minutes, he should have been brought off blah, blah, blah, blah.

Christ, I know it's been a f*cking long wait and everyone is desperate for him to finally come good and stuff some of the laughter back down the throats of that c*unt Thompson, the media and all the other scouse muppets, but for God's sake wait until he actually has a genuine blinding game or even manages to score a goal.

MOTM - Ramires IMO

Edited by just

No-one stood out for me, so went for Cech.

Cole was alright, but could have easily been sent off for his ridiculous challenges.

Terry was okay, but lost his man at set pieces.

Luiz was okay, but again trying the stupid, dangerous ball when a safer option is available, nearly gifting the opposition chances. (Will he ever learn?)

Bosingwa was poor in both directions.

Romeu was reasonable, though lost the ball quite a few times, the key one being in the last minute of stoppage time when he should have just belted it away.

Lampard was poor and did very little in the first 88 or so minutes.

Merieles was quite bad, probably the worst performer out there. I'm really starting to go off him pretty quickly. Can't see what he brings to us that we don't already have.

Ramires was energetic as usual and nabbed a goal, but again his passing let us down at times.

Mata was average.

Torres had some nice touches and played some good passes, but when he has an actual opportunity at goal himself, he still looks too scared to really commit to it. It's much easier to take the easy way out and just let the defender get in ahead of you to knock it out, that way you don't have to shoot and risk messing it up again.

Overall, still very poor. Still defensively we look suspect every time the opposition attack. Things must change.

I can't speak for everyone else who voted Torres MOTM, but I can speak for myself.

It is true, sadly so, that he did the job of a focal point of our attack very badly. More often than not, he wasn't present in the box when crosses came in, or he was pooly positioned. He should have stayed central more and drifted back and to the wings less. He should have made more of the half-chances he had. All those things are true.

But he fought for the ball from the first minute and was a large force in us having our best period in the game - i.e. the first 20-odd minutes. He was the player who made the best and most creative passes in the game (to set up Mata and Lampard through on goal and Cole free on the wing to set up our winner - those off the top of my head). He was more confident than in previous games and was attempting things that were inches away from coming off spectacularly. If Drogba did all that, I would have given it to him and it would have been deserved.

None of the other players on the pitch tonight did that. Ramires showed plenty of energy and his goal was well-taken, but his crossing was abysmal and the times when he had the ball close to their area, he seemed to always make the worst decision. There was one moment in particular, when he slalommed with the ball right of Wolves' goal, just to send his shot into the side netting, when Torres was unmarked at the center left of goal. If we are awarding votes for effort, I didn't see something Ramires did that Torres didn't do or better. Mata, in his own right, was mostly ineffectual. Most of his passes were short and without ambition and he missed two early decent chances that could have settled the team very well.

I didn't vote for Torres because he had a perfect game. I voted for him because he was the best player for Chelsea on the pitch today. There is a difference.

Thank f*ck for the voices of reason and sanity that are Loz and BJD. It is been laughable reading some of the comments about Torres today on the match thread. You'd have thought Pele was wearing the no:9 shirt for us and was ripping Wolves to bits.

Torres was alright today nothing more, nothing less and he still didn't look remotely like scoring. Seriously I have never known any player be so over-hyped. Ever.

I know one thing with 100% certainty if Drogba had played like Torres did today many of the people bigging up Nando would have said Drogba was rubbish, he doesn't give a f*ck, he can't last 90 minutes, he should have been brought off blah, blah, blah, blah.

Christ, I know it's been a f*cking long wait and everyone is desperate for him to finally come good and stuff some of the laughter back down the throats of that c*unt Thompson, the media and all the other scouse muppets, but for God's sake wait until he actually has a genuine blinding game or even manages to score a goal.

MOTM - Ramires IMO

100% agree, including your man of the match. The player we miss most when he's absent. I would give him player of the season now.

However, I was glad to see Torres start ahead of Drogba, despite my reservations about Torres.

AVB has his work cut out picking one from those two. I bet he wishes he could get rid of both and bring in his own man, and so do I.

Drogba is a liability, when you add up the sum of his performances, and I can't say much better of Torres.