Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeta

Next generation consoles

Not being able to buy used games will kill off a lot of retailers (insane margins and less tax on used games) if one console allows used games and one doesn't retailers will put their weight behind the one that does.

That said, pc games haven't allowed used games for a long time now.

If this is true then I wouldn't be surprised if more people just turned to pirating their games. It doesn't matter what measures the likes of Sony/Microsoft put in place, the pirates will always find a way to crack it.

It was a similar story when I played a lot of PC games a few years ago, the games with the most severe DRM often tended to be the most pirated.

If both xbox and playstation both do that then i will just keep my 360 and not bother getting a new system. I dont really play it that much anymore anyway.

I've seen it called xbox8, I presume to go with windows 8. But I expect it will be 720, if only because that's what most people calling it already, and is therefore already in the subconscious.

It is illogical though, 360 = 'revolution', 720 = going around in a circle twice. It would be the silliest console name ever!

The new xbox won't be called the 720, it's just an amusing nickname. The current rumours suggest that the new Xbox will be called the.... XBOX 

Orbis (ps4) and Durango (720) are the known code names but those have minimal chances of being the final names.

I'm being a sad git and booking the Thursday off next week so I can stay up for the PS4 unveiling (Won't be much good at work with <4hr sleep). It's a stupid thing but meh, I've had so little to be excited about recently (especially with this season's football)

Looks interesting enough, get the impression they're going for a persistent online world (think something like Eve online) but with a single player element too.

Not sure it'll be a target for next gen consoles, it's due out on the 360/ps3/Wii U already. Given it's an Activision title I think they'd far rather this become an annual franchise.

Looks interesting enough, get the impression they're going for a persistent online world (think something like Eve online) but with a single player element too.

Not sure it'll be a target for next gen consoles, it's due out on the 360/ps3/Wii U already. Given it's an Activision title I think they'd far rather this become an annual franchise.

Its a 10 year franchise so its definitely on next gen! The release on this current generation is not even sure yet and it wouldnt make sense to me as the game shouldnt be out until winter this year the earliest! I wouldnt waste my money and buy it on this gen anyway if it did come out :p

Hopefully xbox isn't far behind.

I bought my xbox basically after seeing Gears of War in action, thought it looked incredible at the time. Still pretty great and I got good use out of it.

I sold my xbox a couple of years ago, but if the new ones have a something as grabbing I could be tempted again.

I sold my xbox a couple of years ago, but if the new ones have a something as grabbing I could be tempted again.

Have you heard of a game being made called 'Destiny' ? Made by Bungie, the same people who made Halo.

Look it up, it looks sick. I'd buy one of the new ones just to get my hands on this game. I wasn't a fan of the Halo games but Destiny looks incredible.

Have a read of this and make up your mind: http://uk.gamespot.com/features/destiny-unveiled-what-bungies-next-game-is-and-isnt-all-about-6404016/

Its a 10 year franchise so its definitely on next gen! The release on this current generation is not even sure yet and it wouldnt make sense to me as the game shouldnt be out until winter this year the earliest! I wouldnt waste my money and buy it on this gen anyway if it did come out :p

10 year, that is very interesting. They did the same with the new Halo series didnt they?

10 year, that is very interesting. They did the same with the new Halo series didnt they?

Kind of, think they plan to release a game every 3 years with expansion in between - with activision involved I wouldnt be surprised to see an expansion each year.

Activision also stated that this game probably wont be released in 2013.. such a long wait if thats true, was hoping it could be a launch title but I guess we'll have to see.

This looks like a promising game, Halo mixed with Mass Effect sort of in an open world.

Kind of, think they plan to release a game every 3 years with expansion in between - with activision involved I wouldnt be surprised to see an expansion each year.

Activision also stated that this game probably wont be released in 2013.. such a long wait if thats true, was hoping it could be a launch title but I guess we'll have to see.

This looks like a promising game, Halo mixed with Mass Effect sort of in an open world.

Indeed. Being able to fly from Earth to Mars and other planets with your mates in crazy space ships...i love exploration and this is going to be amazing!

Not expected to be released until early next year so there is some way to go yet.

PS4 is expected to be announced tomorrow at Sony's conference. Early rumours are it will cost in the region of £300 on its release. 

Watched it this morning.

A console reveal without showing the console and most of the games being played on a PC, like Watch Dogs for example.

The hardware was pretty much leaked already, only thing they got wrong was the ram which is 8gb instead of the reported 4gb.

No release date except holiday 2013 which we already knew, no price either.

They trolled us.

Now when is the xbox one?