Benitez hateing Oscar

amazingsushy

I think we've actually been better in the three behind the striker without Oscar in there.  I think mata and hazard are better than him right now, and if you have all three then they are all a bit too similar.  Therefore, he's now looking at taking one of the spots further back where there is more competition for him to play.

First of all, Oscar hasn't been left out of the squad. Secondly, he's only remained on the bench in one game, atleast out of the last eight games. Half of those games he's played almost the entire game (came off with less than 10 minutes to go in one of them).

The reason Oscar hasn't played every minute of every game lately is probably because:

a) We've had lots of games recently, so rotation is needed.

b) We have several players who want/need to play, so someone has to step aside (Mata and Hazard has done so as well).

Benitez deserves an oscar...his portrayal of a Football Manager although laughingly inaccurate has been good enough to make him a very rich man and ruin a few seasons for a few Clubs.

Benitez is the Taylor Kitsch of football managers. Keeps getting leading roles in blockbusters and yet his movies keep bombing at the box office, just like the FSW at Liverpool, Inter and Chelsea. 

I'd really like to see Oscar at the DM position. He put Luiz there and it worked and those two have similar 1 vs 1 skills. Have you seen ho well Oscar can take the ball back from a player. Looks to be a Brazilian thing as Rami does it as well.

Now that Mikel is away I'd try it. But this is obviously off topic so i'll just finish it off with: Rafa out.

I haven't seen his performance dip, he wasn't playing like he was against Juve every game, that was his standout game but apart from that he's been pretty consistent.

And if anything i'd say he's adjusted to the EPL easier than Mata or Hazard have/did, he looks far more capable of dealing with the physical side of things.

I haven't seen his performance dip, he wasn't playing like he was against Juve every game, that was his standout game but apart from that he's been pretty consistent.

And if anything i'd say he's adjusted to the EPL easier than Mata or Hazard have/did, he looks far more capable of dealing with the physical side of things.

Nah i think they both settled better than Oscar, especially Mata.

Considering Ramires performance last night I would quite like to see Oscar played in one of the two holding midfield positions, I've seen him win a fair few tackles when he's played and he's shrugged off a few challenges too so I don't think he is too "lightweight" to play there. 

Also allows us to have a more balanced forward three because when Mosses plays on the wide right (yes I know he's at the ACON right now) we look more balanced with less players trying to occupy the same space.

He's definitely faded recently, but then so did Hazard for a short spell... I've no doubt he'll be better than ever before long

I do think it was a huge mistake to leave him out of the final in Japan though, you could see what it meant to Luiz, so for Oscar to be left on the bench was IMO a very poor decision, but then do we expect any better from Benitez?

Ill go back to what ive said b4....We buy skillfull players who play well in their own country ......In this premiereship we need skill incorporated with being physically and mentally tough.....If we bring Oscar into the conversation, hes quick ant skillfull, but a slip of a boy.....Psychologically oppo players dont fear half of our team just going on physique...Gives a mental boost to em.....Once they suss out after 30 mins that our lot play more sideways and backward passes that are good for them, they dont fear attacking , which against Arsenal this weekend , is going to make me lose 6 pounds in weight with worry. I will add that theres a long way to the end of the season and things can quite easily change for the better...Anyway, it will hurt but wont kill us not winning something for one season

I though some of Oscar's touches first half against qpr were world class. he needs to take more responsibility on the field, more goals, and more assists.

I think when he fills out, which you would expect him to do in the next couple of years, he will be an awesome player for us.

Oscar is quite a versatile player and I think that's half the problem. I've heard it said many times that he's best used in the number 10 position but he's not as good there (yet?) as Mata. He can play as a winger but Moses and Hazard have been doing quite well on our wings so far. He clearly has the defensive attributes needed to play a deeper midfield role alongside Mikel/Luiz, however Lampard has hit a rich vain of form recently and his leadership has been important in Terry's absence. Ultimately this is role I'd most like to see him play for us in future.

So that leaves him with the 'spare' man role he has now. He will get games but it's a lot harder to play consistently well when your appearances are sporadic.

The two of them are both sent flying numerous times a match, Oscar rarely gets pushed off the ball and if he does it's normally a foul.

He's more suited to the physicality of it than the other two, but the other two are more used to the style and tempo of our games than Oscar.

people keep referring to him playing in the holding midfield role, but why ? his not a DM?

surely people mean as CM with a player like lamps or Ramires etc being the holding midfielder .

I think it's more to distinguish between being part of the front three where he is normally played as apposed to suggesting he would only have defensive duties like Mikel does.  

For me, Oscar should play in the deeper playmaking midfielder role. I think he will be as good as Pirlo playing in that position. Once we get this manager and striker situation sorted out, I think things are going to brighten quickly. Oscar and Fellaini with Moses, Mata, and Hazard in front of them and either Ba or Lukaku up top. Size, speed, finesse, strength, and unstoppable! And we still would have Rami, Piazon, Feruz, Mikel, deBruyne, plus more to rotate in. I really wish we would just get on with it and hire somebody. That way things will be more settled for the start of next season.

Ill go back to what ive said b4....We buy skillfull players who play well in their own country ......In this premiereship we need skill incorporated with being physically and mentally tough.....If we bring Oscar into the conversation, hes quick ant skillfull, but a slip of a boy.....Psychologically oppo players dont fear half of our team just going on physique...Gives a mental boost to em.....Once they suss out after 30 mins that our lot play more sideways and backward passes that are good for them, they dont fear attacking , which against Arsenal this weekend , is going to make me lose 6 pounds in weight with worry. I will add that theres a long way to the end of the season and things can quite easily change for the better...Anyway, it will hurt but wont kill us not winning something for one season

Luka Modric is even lighter than Oscar and he did just fine, regardless of whether or not opponents feared his physique.

Oscar will be fine. In fact, he is fine. A 21 year old getting his first exposure to the Premiership, especially coming from South America, is bound to have his bouts with inconsistency. 

Archived