Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I sincerely doubt any manager would take the Chelsea job knowing arguably the best player in the league and a top player in the world is getting sold as soon as said manager is appointed.  He has a two year contract with him, we have time.  Let's do our best to get a CL spot next year, better players around him, and a manager who emphasizes his talents.  So that this time next year he will want to resign with us for the remainder of his career.  

56 minutes ago, RMH said:

Not that I want to spoil your narrative but... he was a flop the first season at the PL while Conte revolutionised it. And you can’t say he’s done better for Bayern than any other coach they’ve had.

3rd place is flop? Lowest he ever finished in the league. 

At he progressed the following season while we conceded more goals than City playing sufferball finishing 5th. 

44 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

But, but, but Fabio Capello said he was the bestest, ever, in every league ever, so it must be true

Go search what Fabio Capello and others said you nonce instead of putting words in my mouth? When did I or Fabio say this? Bellend. 

'Every 10-20 years there is a revolution in football. Pep woke everyone up and now Sarri' 

16 minutes ago, zes said:

3rd place is flop? Lowest he ever finished in the league. 

At he progressed the following season while we conceded more goals than City playing sufferball finishing 5th. 

Yes, 3rd place is a flop taking into consideration how much they spent and the expectation created with his arrival because, you know, Saint Pep is the inventor of good football (when the reality he is a nasty prick). And yes, he may have won this league after god knows how many millions spent, but yet he is incapable of doing anything in the Champions League, exactly the same story as in Bayern Munich.

10 minutes ago, RMH said:

Yes, 3rd place is a flop taking into consideration how much they spent and the expectation created with his arrival because, you know, Saint Pep is the inventor of good football (when the reality he is a nasty prick). And yes, he may have won this league after god knows how many millions spent, but yet he is incapable of doing anything in the Champions League, exactly the same story as in Bayern Munich.

Mate by dominating I dont mean winning every trophy in existence. I said in other posts its impossible to win everytime no one is super human. He does well wherever he goes and is in the top 2 every season considering 3rd is his lowest league finish. 

3 minutes ago, zes said:

Mate by dominating I dont mean winning every trophy in existence. I said in other posts its impossible to win everytime no one is super human. He does well wherever he goes and is in the top 2 every season considering 3rd is his lowest league finish. 

Perhaps he will move on to PSG, or Juventus, or Porto or Galatasary, you know one those teams that are in really competitive leagues, where the money spent and quality and size of the squad doesn't necessarily determine who ends up top of the pile.

He is a good coach and it is an attractive brand of football. Take on a top half team working within a financial budget and recreate this brand of football then he'd be a great manager.

having come 3rd he then spent a quarter of a billion pound just on his defence. That helps enormously.

10 minutes ago, zes said:

Well, he came and was well and truly beaten by our football and by Spurs’, and he ended with sweet fa trophies that season. Spends another extraordinary amount of money on players and manages  a PL and to get thrashed by Liverpool... Come off it, he is a good coach when the money flows, but hardly a new prophet of football. And regarding his type of football, well that tikitaka bores me to death.

23 minutes ago, zes said:

The thing with Pep is he always needs top talent/resources to win trophies.  there is no "or" in that statement, he needs them both.  A manager like Jose though can figure out ways to win without the best team or the most resources and has done it time and time again.  

Pep was gifted two of the most prestigious jobs in football, and only accepted City's job because they already had talent and he had an open checkbook.  

Edited by TheChelsRVA

59 minutes ago, zes said:

Go search what Fabio Capello and others said you nonce instead of putting words in my mouth? When did I or Fabio say this? Bellend. 

'Every 10-20 years there is a revolution in football. Pep woke everyone up and now Sarri' 

Aww bless!  "you nonce", "bellend" -   Cracking debating skills.  Something fishy about you and your Guardiola devotion.   Something not right.

Never seen you post anything sensible about anything else then you get all bitch-whiney if someone doesn't come in their pants at the thought of a manager of a direct rival finally achieving a trophy having out-spent everyone on the planet.  Someone above said half a billion pounds of defenders alone.  

But yeah, you are right, obviously, there never was any decent football played until Guardiola decreed how it should be played,  the right, tika-taka way, and Bayern can just get f**ked because they didn't buy into his "philosophy".

I've had enough toying with you and your odd obsession with another club's manager.  Off on ignore you go.

30 minutes ago, RMH said:

Well, he came and was well and truly beaten by our football and by Spurs’, and he ended with sweet fa trophies that season. Spends another extraordinary amount of money on players and manages  a PL and to get thrashed by Liverpool... Come off it, he is a good coach when the money flows, but hardly a new prophet of football. And regarding his type of football, well that tikitaka bores me to death.

Amen, his football at Barcelona was tedious beyond belief 90% of the time, passing for passing sake to keep the ball out of the oppositions control without much attacking intent.

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Amen, his football at Barcelona was tedious beyond belief 90% of the time, passing for passing sake to keep the ball out of the oppositions control without much attacking intent.

Very similar to how Spain played in the WC.  Loads of possession, passing 40 yards away from goal quickly, passing back often, take no risks.  Boring football, and it costs them immensely, even with all the talent.  

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

That's not peps football now. That was the style that worked then, they won a lot. It doesn't work now and he adapted.

At citeh he doesn't have far and away the best team, it's believed to be because of their success. At the beginning of last season his squad was competitive, not far and away the best. 

Sterling and sane, willian and hazard or martial and rashford? None of those stood out last season .

Silva and fernandinho, Kante and bakayoko, matic and pogba. None stand out (now ours does because Baka couldn't adapt to English football)

An aging Aguero Vs Lukaku and morata. Pah.

And let's not forget the defence and the goalkeepers where city actually looked weakest.

Pep coached that team to play attacking, great football that wasn't tiki taka boredom. He deserves his title as the best coach in the league.

9 minutes ago, benjsross said:

That's not peps football now. That was the style that worked then, they won a lot. It doesn't work now and he adapted.

At citeh he doesn't have far and away the best team, it's believed to be because of their success. At the beginning of last season his squad was competitive, not far and away the best. 

Sterling and sane, willian and hazard or martial and rashford? None of those stood out last season .

Silva and fernandinho, Kante and bakayoko, matic and pogba. None stand out (now ours does because Baka couldn't adapt to English football)

And let's not forget the defence and the goalkeepers where city actually looked weakest.

Pep coached that team to play attacking, great football that wasn't tiki taka boredom. He deserves his title as the best coach in the league.

You can make arguments that City win every single battle you have posed.  And they spent 150m on fullbacks alone to bolster their defense.  Got a new goalie that plays with his feet to bolster defense as well.  And then on top of all that you talk about the depth that City has compared to the rest of the league because they sign/have players like bernardo silva, gabby jesus, gundogan, mahrez, danilo, LaPorte, etc. for fun just to sit on their bench or rotate to keep fresh.  I haven't even mentioned the injured Mendy or Kompany/Stones.  So not only do they have top talent starting games for them, but they have limited drop off when they rotate.  Meanwhile we bring in Bakayoko and Zappacosta as our impact subs.  

I'm not trying to take too much away from Pep but to say he doesn't have the most bolstered squad in the league is (IMO) being naïve.  I will concede though Man City doesn't play like the Barca tiki taka of old.  They are much more direct than those teams.  

Just now, TheChelsRVA said:

You can make arguments that City win every single battle you have posed.  And they spent 150m on fullbacks alone to bolster their defense.  Got a new goalie that plays with his feet to bolster defense as well.  And then on top of all that you talk about the depth that City has compared to the rest of the league because they sign/have players like bernardo silva, gabby jesus, gundogan, mahrez, danilo, LaPorte, etc. for fun just to sit on their bench or rotate to keep fresh.  I haven't even mentioned the injured Mendy or Kompany/Stones.  So not only do they have top talent starting games for them, but they have limited drop off when they rotate.  Meanwhile we bring in Bakayoko and Zappacosta as our impact subs.  

I'm not trying to take too much away from Pep but to say he doesn't have the most bolstered squad in the league is (IMO) being naïve.  I will concede though Man City doesn't play like the Barca tiki taka of old.  They are much more direct than those teams.  

But if you try to cast your mind back to august 2017, their first team doesn't stand out. In hindsight it does. 

Their squad is great, but that presents problems in itself. Pep seems to keep the players happy.

Yes they have more money, but they don't automatically win titles because of it. They definitely don't break every record because of it. Our squad should have run them closer and we didn't even try to compete with them when we played them.

Incidentally, I think Liverpool will win the league this year - they are first up on MNF and every season bar one (the year of Leicester), that team has won the league. 

5 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Aww bless!  "you nonce", "bellend" -   Cracking debating skills.  Something fishy about you and your Guardiola devotion.   Something not right.

Never seen you post anything sensible about anything else then you get all bitch-whiney if someone doesn't come in their pants at the thought of a manager of a direct rival finally achieving a trophy having out-spent everyone on the planet.  Someone above said half a billion pounds of defenders alone.  

But yeah, you are right, obviously, there never was any decent football played until Guardiola decreed how it should be played,  the right, tika-taka way, and Bayern can just get f**ked because they didn't buy into his "philosophy".

I've had enough toying with you and your odd obsession with another club's manager.  Off on ignore you go.

LMAO Brilliant. Cherry picking and making sh*t up to prove your points. Right so when did I actually say Pep was the best? Not as level headed as you make yourself out to be when you lie and put words in others mouth. Put me on ignore but I'll still reply to the points you made. 

And I obsess over other club's managers and constantly bitching? You must have missed my posts during the season where I objectively assessed the team's performances when good and bad. Nope rather cherry pick the last few posts I made about Conte's inept ability to be flexible with tactics as proof of being negative all the time. Great debating skills mate! 

And finally to Pep himself. Everyone spends money. Get over it. If the amount of money you spend is the only correlative measure to how successful you are then remind me how Manure faired the past few seasons having spent billions? How have Everton been doing the past season with all the big money they spent? Hint: their coaches were dead. Great way to deflect a coach's ability by saying 'oh he spent billions mate ofc he should win'

I hate Pep with a passion ever since we faced Barcelona last decade while he was in charge but I try to be objective and he is a great coach no matter how much I despise the bald pleb. Only the last month I have brought him up on here. Find me other posts where I obsess over other managers in other clubs. 

I never said his tiki taka was the best ever to exist just that he introduced a major change in foobtall and other professionals in the sport and athletes have acknowledged that hence me bringing up Fabio Capello as an example but there are more. 

You generalise 'modern fans' to be all twitter prats and try to twist my posts by generalising them to be only about 'bitching and Pep Guardiola'. 

Edited by zes

8 hours ago, zes said:

Yes so why was Barcelona at a low point before Pep came in with the same group of players? We know Spain had a talented generation of players but Pep added something new to the game and is still dominates wherever he goes. Not a fanboy or whatever I hate to see City winning just saying it as it is. 

What low point? Rijkaard won the league and Champions league, just to never be seen again as soon as he left Barcelona, Luis Enrique after Pep also won just as much, before and after having that golden Spanish generation he also did nothing, the only difference is that Pep went to CL winners Bayern and destroyed their team but since they are so overwhelming in Bundesliga as a default he won the league there, similar to last season after he spent £400m in Man City, a team that already before Pep was a top 3 team in the league.

12 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

What low point? Rijkaard won the league and Champions league, just to never be seen again as soon as he left Barcelona, Luis Enrique after Pep also won just as much, before and after having that golden Spanish generation he also did nothing, the only difference is that Pep went to CL winners Bayern and destroyed their team but since they are so overwhelming in Bundesliga as a default he won the league there, similar to last season after he spent £400m in Man City, a team that already before Pep was a top 3 team in the league.

Barcelona were around 20 points (cant remember the exact number) below Real Madrid when he took over. 

Enrique took over an already well shaped squad left by Pep Guardiola so he had it easy but not to take any credit away from him.  No one after Pep has shaped this Barcelona as well as he did and look at them now. Pique, Iniesta and others all over the age of 30 and reaching the end of their careers with no adequate replacements in sight. 

Sarri achieved 91 points with no superstars in his squad so I think he can be a great competitor and get the best out of Eden, to get the thread back on track. Dont want to derail it any further and turn this into a Pep Guardiola thread like some others here are suggesting by cherry picking maybe 5 posts I made about Pep compared to my other 300+ about Chelsea. 

Edited by zes

26 minutes ago, zes said:

LMAO Brilliant. Cherry picking and making sh*t up to prove your points. Right so when did I actually say Pep was the best? Not as level headed as you make yourself out to be when you lie and put words in others mouth. Put me on ignore but I'll still reply to the points you made. 

And I obsess over other club's managers and constantly bitching? You must have missed my posts during the season where I objectively assessed the team's performances when good and bad. Nope rather cherry pick the last few posts I made about Conte's inept ability to be flexible with tactics as proof of being negative all the time. Great debating skills mate! 

And finally to Pep himself. Everyone spends money. Get over it. If the amount of money you spend is the only correlative measure to how successful you are then remind me how Manure faired the past few seasons having spent billions? How have Everton been doing the past season with all the big money they spent? Hint: their coaches were dead. Great way to deflect a coach's ability by saying 'oh he spent billions mate ofc he should win'

I hate Pep with a passion ever since we faced Barcelona last decade while he was in charge but I try to be objective and he is a great coach no matter how much I despise the bald pleb. Only the last month I have brought him up on here. Find me other posts where I obsess over other managers in other clubs. 

I never said his tiki taka was the best ever to exist just that he introduced a major change in foobtall and other professionals in the sport and athletes have acknowledged that hence me bringing up Fabio Capello as an example but there are more. 

You generalise 'modern fans' to be all twitter prats and try to twist my posts by generalising them to be only about 'bitching and Pep Guardiola'. 

Youre in the wrong forum, let me help you.

Here you go:

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forums/bluemoon-forum.1/

20 minutes ago, Semper Fi said:

Youre in the wrong forum, let me help you.

Here you go:

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forums/bluemoon-forum.1/

Another cherry picker. Search through my posts before the whole managerial saga started last month and see how many times I gloated about Man City last season to suggest I support them. Acknowledging a rival is not the same as supporting them. You lack comprehension and wont waste my time with pointless arguments. 

Edited by zes

32 minutes ago, zes said:

Barcelona were around 20 points (cant remember the exact number) below Real Madrid when he took over. 

Enrique took over an already well shaped squad left by Pep Guardiola so he had it easy but not to take any credit away from him.  No one after Pep has shaped this Barcelona as well as he did and look at them now. Pique, Iniesta and others all over the age of 30 and reaching the end of their careers with no adequate replacements in sight. 

Sarri achieved 91 points with no superstars in his squad so I think he can be a great competitor and get the best out of Eden, to get the thread back on track. Dont want to derail it any further and turn this into a Pep Guardiola thread like some others here are suggesting by cherry picking maybe 5 posts I made about Pep compared to my other 300+ about Chelsea. 

Pep inherited the golden Spanish generation, same case with Luis Enrique and Rijkaard, nobody needed to tell those player what to do, you would have also won everything there.

It's like Di Matteo winning the Champions league with us.

Hasn't he spent like 500 million in 2 years. He is good but there is good and there is good + $$$. Would he have won the league with us 2 seasons ago like Conte did? No. He had already spent over 200 mil and barely challenged with an already superior squad.

Edited by Stim

5 hours ago, benjsross said:

Think Claudio Bravo stood out pretty well last season

8 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Pep inherited the golden Spanish generation, same case with Luis Enrique and Rijkaard, nobody needed to tell those player what to do, you would have also won everything there.

It's like Di Matteo winning the Champions league with us.

Yes I acknowledged the golden spanish generation in my original reply. But I was referring to Barcelona finishing 20 points below Real Madrid before he took charge. 

I better stop posting about Pep now before someone else accuses me off being a Citeh fan. Nothing else to add it's getting a bit repetitive.