• Mikel
    • Lamps
    • Ba
    • Mata
    • Hazard
    • Oscar
    • Torres
    • Moses

Only one contender from that shambles for me Gary Cahill. Thought I'd get my vote in for him before Big Blue and Hazard a Guess give him theirs

Anyone have a clue what position Luiz was supposed to be playing the 2nd half? The rest of our back four should have filed a missing persons report after the game.

Edited by just

Only one contender from that shambles for me Gary Cahill. Thought I'd get my vote in for him before Big Blue and Hazard a Guess give him theirs

Anyone have a clue what position Luiz was supposed to be playing the 2nd half? The rest of our back four should have filed a missing persons report after the game.

fair enough mate everyones entitled to their opinions I thought cahills best work came after he was caught out positionally and had get back and make a block. Also thought he could have done more for the first goal, and considering hes supposed to be the vocal organiser in defence in terrys absence, we were appalling from corner kicks all game.

luiz was poor as well, but I still think he and terry are the best partnership we've got at the club, which is backed up by the number of clean sheets they've collected against the other options.

I dont think cahills a bad defender Just, I just dont see him being good enough to star as league winning centre back. Luiz on the other hand, I think was forming a solid partnership with jt before injuries and suspension broke it up.

fair enough mate everyones entitled to their opinions I thought cahills best work came after he was caught out positionally and had get back and make a block. Also thought he could have done more for the first goal, and considering hes supposed to be the vocal organiser in defence in terrys absence, we were appalling from corner kicks all game.

luiz was poor as well, but I still think he and terry are the best partnership we've got at the club, which is backed up by the number of clean sheets they've collected against the other options.

I dont think cahills a bad defender Just, I just dont see him being good enough to star as league winning centre back. Luiz on the other hand, I think was forming a solid partnership with jt before injuries and suspension broke it up.

He was done by the movement of Aguerro a couple of times, but as you rightly say, made the ground and snuffed out the danger. No embarassment really as Aguerro is a very clever forward with great movement and work rate. For the first goal he did all that he could IMO. First up he closed down Aguerro then he got back in position centrally to present an obstacle for Toure who Mikel had allowed to waltz past him like he wasn't there. You can make a case to say Cahill should have moved forwards to close the space between him and the ball, but then, equally, you could say that would have committed him early and made Toure's decision to move the ball or shoot easier.

I like David Luiz but definately not as a centre-half. I was one of the first on here to call for him to be given the central midfield slot and can't fathom why the FSW, (who can fathom the FSW?), has not persisted with him in that role. He will never be a top quality centre-back for me as holding and defensive positioning are not his primary strengths.

its inevitable a player like aguero will slip past you a couple of times, point is to deal with when it happens. Cahill did that

early on in the game he was getting angry at mikel and lamps fort he lack of cover, which was totally justified. i would farkin hate to be a centre half with those 2 as my shields. one isnt a defender and the other pretends to be one. mikel and lampard ffs, hasnt anyone learnt ANYTHING!?!?!!

Was going to say that I thought Cahill had a good game today, Yes he was caught out a few times. It happens. A few of them Luiz was just running about doing f**k all. One of the times Cahill was beat he thought Aguero was offside until he turned around and saw sideshow with his finger up his nose upholding it. Luiz, Mata, Hazard, Mikel, Ba and Ivanovic all had sub standard performances today imo. One of the worst performances of the season.

Cech> Cahill> Cole> a pile of sh*t> Ramires> a bigger pile of sh*t> Mikel.

Mikel was poor, no doubt. But at least he broke up the play a few times and completed a few passes. Ramires was shocking today and did nothing but turn the ball over. Couldnt tell his touch from a shot

He was done by the movement of Aguerro a couple of times, but as you rightly say, made the ground and snuffed out the danger. No embarassment really as Aguerro is a very clever forward with great movement and work rate. For the first goal he did all that he could IMO. First up he closed down Aguerro then he got back in position centrally to present an obstacle for Toure who Mikel had allowed to waltz past him like he wasn't there. You can make a case to say Cahill should have moved forwards to close the space between him and the ball, but then, equally, you could say that would have committed him early and made Toure's decision to move the ball or shoot easier.

I like David Luiz but definately not as a centre-half. I was one of the first on here to call for him to be given the central midfield slot and can't fathom why the FSW, (who can fathom the FSW?), has not persisted with him in that role. He will never be a top quality centre-back for me as holding and defensive positioning are not his primary strengths.

fair points mate, disappointing day all round. guess we will agree to disagree over our centre backs. I agree though that whoever plays at centre back is never helped when obi mikel is letting everyone stroll by him unchallenged.