Just goes to show..............

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

United's result tonight once again goes to prove what an EPIC achievement it was for Chelsea to get a 2-2 draw at the Nou Camp, when going down to 10 men last season. An achievement the anti-Chelsea biased English media will NEVER give us credit for.

Knocking Barca out over 2 legs and defeating Bayern in their own stadium, basically overcoming all possible barriers put in our way, to lift that CL Trophy was such a massive achievement. I think people will only realise just how big, the longer time goes on.

United's result tonight once again goes to prove what an EPIC achievement it was for Chelsea to get a 2-2 draw at the Nou Camp, when going down to 10 men last season. An achievement the anti-Chelsea biased English media will NEVER give us credit for.

Knocking Barca out over 2 legs and defeating Bayern in their own stadium, basically overcoming all possible barriers put in our way, to lift that CL Trophy was such a massive achievement. I think people will only realise just how big, the longer time goes on.

Well said!

I was thinking the same thing! We were 2-0 down at Nou Camp with 10 men and no central defenders and came back, United were 1-0 at home and couldn't hold it.

The CL winning team of 2012 are true heroes.

Quite funnt how we were given stick for 'parking the bus' against Barca, even wen down to 10 men with a central defender sent off and the other off injured and yet look at United last night- oh how they would loced to have been through to the next round this morning after 'parking the bus'

That was honestly one of the best games to watch it a while- feels so bloody good to see United NOT get the rub of the green for once.

good times....

I think you could say our side last season wasn't as strong as this season also. Drogba Vs Van Persie, you could say RVP is the better forward. So, taking into account that our team last seaosn was slightly inferior to Man Utd's team this season, Man U should have 100% won last night!

Due to the occasion, Ronaldo wasn't himself last night, so that was another advantage for Man Utd...

Just goes to show, when Fergie was laughing up our game that Clattenberg ruined, karma will come back & bite you on the arse you red nosed c**t. His face at the end was priceless.

It's funny how everone in the media is quick to mention the demise of EPL and the rise of the German and Spanish leagues, whilst forgetting we are currently the European Champions, who beat arguably the (Spanish) best club side in the world with 10 men, thern beat Germans best in their own ground, with 3 first-team players suspended.

Looking back, last season was a momentous feat of epic proportions, and credit to the players and manager, Roberto Di Mateo! - If they made a film of it you would say it was too far-fetched!

It's funny how everone in the media is quick to mention the demise of EPL and the rise of the German and Spanish leagues, whilst forgetting we are currently the European Champions, who beat arguably the (Spanish) best club side in the world with 10 men, thern beat Germans best in their own ground, with 3 first-team players suspended.

Looking back, last season was a momentous feat of epic proportions, and credit to the players and manager, Roberto Di Mateo! - If they made a film of it you would say it was too far-fetched!

Give it up, the English media will never give Chelsea credit for anything. This is something I've come to accept. It's disgraceful.

I think you could say our side last season wasn't as strong as this season also. Drogba Vs Van Persie, you could say RVP is the better forward. So, taking into account that our team last seaosn was slightly inferior to Man Utd's team this season, Man U should have 100% won last night!

Due to the occasion, Ronaldo wasn't himself last night, so that was another advantage for Man Utd...

100% totally disagree.

RVP cannot hold a candle to Drogba. What has RVP ever inspired a team to win? Drogba lead Chelsea's attack at home and in Europe for 8 years and we won numerous Trophy's. RVP has won ONE FA Cup as a sub, in 2005, that's it. RVP bottles big games, he did at Arsenal and was pretty anonymous last night. Drogba stood up in the big games and proved his credentials as a striker. When the pressure was on we knew Drogba could deliver. Would RVP have been able to do for Man U what Drogba did for Chelsea in Munich? I don't think so. 

Arsenal in, i think, 2007-2008 season had an excellent team RVP, Adebayor (in form), Fabregas, Flamini, Vermalean etc etc and yet they won nothing. They bottled it after losing to Birmingham. When the history books are written and medals, Trophy's and Honours counted, Drogba will totally eclipse RVP. No doubt.

I'd much rather win the CL the way we won it last year than the way Barca won it the year before. Last year was a display of grit, will and determination. Things which make me proud to be a Chelsea fan. Yet somehow we 'got lucky' according to rival fans/media..

100% totally disagree.

RVP cannot hold a candle to Drogba. What has RVP ever inspired a team to win? Drogba lead Chelsea's attack at home and in Europe for 8 years and we won numerous Trophy's. RVP has won ONE FA Cup as a sub, in 2005, that's it. RVP bottles big games, he did at Arsenal and was pretty anonymous last night. Drogba stood up in the big games and proved his credentials as a striker. When the pressure was on we knew Drogba could deliver. Would RVP have been able to do for Man U what Drogba did for Chelsea in Munich? I don't think so. 

Arsenal in, i think, 2007-2008 season had an excellent team RVP, Adebayor (in form), Fabregas, Flamini, Vermalean etc etc and yet they won nothing. They bottled it after losing to Birmingham. When the history books are written and medals, Trophy's and Honours counted, Drogba will totally eclipse RVP. No doubt.

Think the fact he only has 4 goals in the knockout stages, with 3 of them being penalties gifted to him and the other being a mish*t cross, answers that question. Big game bottler for sure.

Edited by Remodez

Indeed. We are not given enough credit.

ManU is a big club and they have certain principles. They were in control of the game, then came the red(which was not red in my opinion) and they completely gave the game away. They had no plan B or players to cope with the elements and they lost. They could have won if it was only a yellow card but but but but but.

And to conclude Jose once again won SAF so we should get him back and beat him on a regular basis.

Indeed. We are not given enough credit.

ManU is a big club and they have certain principles. They were in control of the game, then came the red(which was not red in my opinion) and they completely gave the game away. They had no plan B or players to cope with the elements and they lost. They could have won if it was only a yellow card but but but but but.

And to conclude Jose once again won SAF so we should get him back and beat him on a regular basis.

United were not in control of the game. Madrid had 63% possession and United 37%. They were only leading through an own goal.

United were not in control of the game. Madrid had 63% possession and United 37%. They were only leading through an own goal.

Did you actually watch the game? Before the sending off Madrid wasn't even close to scoring. Modric did his magic and was instrumental to the win but ManU controlled the game before that sending off. They played the counter attack game and part of it is sitting back.

you can control the game with less possession. I expected madrid to be much better but in the end a contentious decision going against united at old trafford to knock them out made for an entertaining night.

Just bumping my own post.

In light of AC Milan's result tonight, this is all the more relevant.

Our result against Barca over 2 legs and ultimately winning the CL, was EPIC!!

Edited by ilovechelseafc