Benayoun
Marin

Moses
Hazard
Oscar

Strikers

Torres
Ba

If we assume the players in red are leaving (in Ake's case a loan) that leaves us with 19 players which is woefully short.

Obviously 2 new keepers will join the squad this summer, with one or two possibly coming back from loan.

Defence? I expect (hope) us to sign Shaw and loan him back for one year. We don't really need to replace Ferreira as we have Ivan and Essien (who can play right-back). We have signed Wallace and I expect him to be loaned out in England next season. A centre-back seems a priority.

Midfield? I think Josh and Chalobah will stay out on loan and I expect Ake to go out on loan too. I expect at least one midfielder to arrive + KDB (who can also play as an attacker). It will be interesting to see if Luiz stays and if so, whether Jose prefers him in defence or midfield.

Further up I expect us to sign Schurrle and I expect Piazon to stay out on loan, possibly to a Premiership club.

I assume Lukaku is coming back. If Torres is sold we will sign a replacement possibly. That means 3 strikers + Schurrle (who can play on the wing or up front).

This would give us a squad of 26 which is going to be more or less right.

The big signings this summer therefore could be .. a centre-back, a midfielder, a winger (Schurrle), and a striker.

What do you guys think .. ?

Tough to say really. I cant see us off loading Torres or signing another striker unless Lukaku goes out on loan.

I also dont think both keepers will leave. Im sure one of them will get another year.

I think we need to sell/loan two of:

Mikel

Romeu

Essien

The central midfield position has looked our week link this year and really needs enforcement but with those 3 in the squad I think there are too many fringe players at present.

I would be open to the idea of selling Cahill, he just doesn't cut it for me. The Europa League final aside I think he has been very poor this season and so a new CB might help to shore things up a bit for us. 

Schurrle as mentioned to give better competition more depth for the forward 3 in midfield. 

A striker really is priority as neither Torres or Ba's goal return is good enough. 

Maybe a new right back, I don't know how good the young lad Wallace is that we bought or if he'll be ready. 

-----------------------Cech

-----------------------Lopez

---------------------Blackman

Azpi---------Luiz----------Terry---------Cole

Ivanovic---Garay---------Cahill--------Bertrand

----------Chalobah---------Ramires

-----------Romeu-----------Lampard

KDB-------------------Mata--------------Hazard

Di Maria-------------Oscar--------------Moses

------------------Yilmaz/Damiao

------------------------Lukaku

--------------------------Ba

Sign Shaw and loan him back for the season. 

Therefore signings will be Diego Lopez, Ezequiel Garay, Di Maria and one of Yilmaz or Damiao. The double pivot looks the weakest area but when you consider that KDB, Luiz and Oscar could all play there (and you could argue it's their best position) then I think we've got enough to make sure we mount a serious challenge for the title at least.

I'm just concerned that even if we sign a top striker that the same old 'Torres cost 50 million so he leads the line and starts every game' stuff will still happen.

It's obvious by my username i like the guy, but i'm thinking about the good of the team.

Maybe a new right back, I don't know how good the young lad Wallace is that we bought or if he'll be ready.

I see no need for a RB particularly if we sign a CB (thereby allowing Ivan to cover for Dave). Signing a RB would only hamper the chances of Wallace before we've even assessed him. No need at all at the moment IMO.

-----------------------Cech

-----------------------Lopez

---------------------Blackman

Azpi---------Luiz----------Terry---------Cole

Ivanovic---Garay---------Cahill--------Bertrand

----------Chalobah---------Ramires

-----------Romeu-----------Lampard

KDB-------------------Mata--------------Hazard

Di Maria-------------Oscar--------------Moses

------------------Yilmaz/Damiao

------------------------Lukaku

--------------------------Ba

Sign Shaw and loan him back for the season.

Therefore signings will be Diego Lopez, Ezequiel Garay, Di Maria and one of Yilmaz or Damiao. The double pivot looks the weakest area but when you consider that KDB, Luiz and Oscar could all play there (and you could argue it's their best position) then I think we've got enough to make sure we mount a serious challenge for the title at least.

Jose sold Garay to Benfica.

What we need:

CF - Cavani + Lukaku back as 2nd choice + Ba as third choice.

Winger - Schurrle

DM (?) - Mikel and Romeu are our only real CDMs and I'm not sure either of them are consistent enough at the moment. Not sure who we should get though.

We've already got Ramires, KDB (whose best position is in CM in my opinion) and Oscar who can all play alongside a defensive midfielder in a double pivot, so that's our CM issue sorted.

LB - Coentrao. Cole won't be able to play every game obviously and he doesn't offer too much going forward anymore. Bertrand is not a good enough back up for me. If Coentrao costs anything below 20 million pounds, we should sign him.

GK - Diego Lopez as backup? I don't see why not.

RB - We've got Dave and Ivanovic who can both do a job at RB. Essien can fill in at RB in case of an emergency as well.

Signings: Cavani, Schurrle, a DM, Coentrao and Diego Lopez + another backup keeper.

Recall from loan: Lukaku and KDB

Edited by Amputechture

LB - Coentrao. Cole won't be able to play every game obviously and he doesn't offer too much going forward anymore. Bertrand is not a good enough back up for me.

This will almost certainly be Cole's last year. I think we should keep both Cole and Bertrand for next season. If we don't sign Shaw (young, English, Chelsea fanatic and prodigiously talented) we'd be mad. Give him one more year of regular Premiership football at Southampton and then bring him in to replace Cole. He's only 17. The boy is special.

Give him one more year of regular Premiership football at Southampton and then bring him in to replace Cole. He's only 17. The boy is special.

I too am a fan of his but IMO we need somebody who can come in and do a job right now. Like you said, Shaw is only 17. I think we should sign Coentrao and sell Bertrand for the upcoming season and then sign Shaw next season once Cole leaves.

Depends on where Jose wants to play Luiz if he plays him CB then we should buy a DM - Capoue if he plays him in DM then we need to buy a CB - Marquinhos, De Vrij , Papadopolous or Okore. I want Oscar to play deeper in the pivot so we can sign Isco,add Schurrle for width. RB we are fine, Wallce im expecting to be loaned to Roma, Like most people i want us to sign Shaw and then be loaned back to Southampton.

CF looks like Cavani is the only big name available now but if we cant get him then Jovetic would be my first choice although im happy for Lukaku to come back.Getting a backup GK wont be easy id like to see Jamal Blackman out on loan,maybe buy Al Habsi. Hopefully players like Ake,Chalaboh,Piazon and Josh can all get loans in the Prem.

Keepers

Cech

Turnbull

Hilario

Full-backs

Azpilicueta

Ferreira

Cole

Bertrand

Centre-backs

Terry

Luiz

Ivanovic

Cahill

Midfielders

Mikel

Romeu

Ake

Essien

Ramires

Lampard

Attackers

Mata

Malouda

Benayoun

Marin

Moses

Hazard

Oscar

Strikers

Torres

Ba

If we assume the players in red are leaving (in Ake's case a loan) that leaves us with 19 players which is woefully short.

Obviously 2 new keepers will join the squad this summer, with one or two possibly coming back from loan.

Defence? I expect (hope) us to sign Shaw and loan him back for one year. We don't really need to replace Ferreira as we have Ivan and Essien (who can play right-back). We have signed Wallace and I expect him to be loaned out in England next season. A centre-back seems a priority.

Midfield? I think Josh and Chalobah will stay out on loan and I expect Ake to go out on loan too. I expect at least one midfielder to arrive + KDB (who can also play as an attacker). It will be interesting to see if Luiz stays and if so, whether Jose prefers him in defence or midfield.

Further up I expect us to sign Schurrle and I expect Piazon to stay out on loan, possibly to a Premiership club.

I assume Lukaku is coming back. If Torres is sold we will sign a replacement possibly. That means 3 strikers + Schurrle (who can play on the wing or up front).

This would give us a squad of 26 which is going to be more or less right.

The big signings this summer therefore could be .. a centre-back, a midfielder, a winger (Schurrle), and a striker.

What do you guys think .. ?

Thanks for starting this topic DB! There was certainly no other topic in which this was discussed!!!!! 

Hugs and Kisses!

Ace

I too am a fan of his but IMO we need somebody who can come in and do a job right now. Like you said, Shaw is only 17. I think we should sign Coentrao and sell Bertrand for the upcoming season and then sign Shaw next season once Cole leaves.

How would that leave us with the homegrown quota for next season?

Edited by undertow

This will almost certainly be Cole's last year. I think we should keep both Cole and Bertrand for next season. If we don't sign Shaw (young, English, Chelsea fanatic and prodigiously talented) we'd be mad. Give him one more year of regular Premiership football at Southampton and then bring him in to replace Cole. He's only 17. The boy is special.

I think you're bang on with this assesment.

There is a name missing from your list however, Kenneth Omeruo. He was very impressive in the ACN and could solve the CB backup question.

Verone would be great as CB

Schurrie is a done deal

Cavani seems to be the only other option at the moment seeing as falcao is on his way to monaco, although Gomez is a possible cheaper alternative, people have their reservations but if you look at his record whether it be stuttgart, Bayern, Germany.  The man knows how to finish.

People can bring up the CL final but one game simply doesn't make a player. As for his all round play, When you have the likes of Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Schurrie, Lampard etc you let them create, you just need to finish.

I would expect essien to be the second choice rightback.

And i think as far as the first 11 is concerned we need a defender, a central midfielder and a striker. I think we'll sign at least two and recall at most one player (to be a first choice).

I thought about Ess too and I think Jose would like him to have him in the squad. However he is a lot slower these days. Azpi beats him easy and I think Ivan too. He is ours already so he comes fairly cheap...

Essien is just on too high wages to justify him being a squad member, especially given that he'd probably be 4th/5th choice CM as things stand (and would most certainly drop down the pecking order if we end up buying someone.

Bruma's getting sold, I think, Chalobah will probably be off on loan to a Prem side, Josh will be shipped out on loan, Delac has regressed as a GK and won't count as HG so it's pointless to bring him into the squad so that really only leaves KDB and Lukaku (I'm optimistic that one of Kalas or Omeruo will be involved but I can't see that happening either, another season out on loan for the pair it would seem)