Chelsea vs Everton (PL) 22/02/14 KO 12:45 GMT

axman2526

Very early match day thread I know but want to get this in early.

Another side that gives us a hard time. We need to win all our home games and get as many points on the road as we can to push on for the title.

The Drog got to win the CL in his last game for us (with his last kick even). This may be the end of the line for Lamps (as well as Ash) and Frank has been as big a legend to Chelsea Football Club as Didier was for us.

Lets get our sh*t together and win this league for Frank!

Come on Chelsea!

If any game might be classified as a must win, this might be it....win and we will kill their aspirations off for a top four finish leaving 5 teams to battle for the title and a CL spot......lose and it just makes things a whole lot tougher..for the title and a CL spot.

I have an extremely bad feeling about this one.

I think our home record is about get shattered.

Eh? Everton are not on a great run of form and Lukaku will be unavailable (and injured). We should really be winning this game.

Very strange thing to say. Everton in poor form at the moment. We'll also have a whole week to prepare.

Regardless, it will be beaten one day. Important not to put such emphasis on it. When it comes to an end, it will be celebrated as a good achievement. It's hardly bad is it? 

i felt we were just going through the motions at City today. it never looked like a committed performance. even when salah came on for etoo we changed nothing else to try and create more going forward. next week is more important. hopefully jt will be back and we with a week's rest we can give it a real go

You may well be right. We are more or less a 2 man team right now. Without JT our defense is a shadow of what it can be, and when Hazard does not fire we do bugger all going forward.

Draw and loss in our last two in all competitions.  We need to bounce back.  We've got a week to recover and prepare so hopefully we won't look so laboured.  I think Mourinho needs to make much better use of the squad in the run-in but I'm concerned he doesn't rate many of his options, in which case he has some surgery to do in the summer.  Everton won't sit back so it should play to our advantage, but they gave us a hell of a game at theirs.

You're a right little ray of sunshine aren't you?

I'll be at the bridge to see this one. In the last three years of going, I have seen us win every time. It won't be easy, but Everton have problems of their own at the moment, playing Mirallas as a false 9 in their last match is a clear sign of problems up front. Selling Jelavic seems a bit silly now. 

I want Oscar back in the team, Ramires better be on his game after last night's debacle. Perhaps Schurrle might start? Not likely...

Archived