Eto'o To Stay?

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

It was no surprise it took him a while to shake of the rust after plying his trade in the Russian league but I think he's a good player to have around, an experienced head, good movement and a poacher that can link up play as well as hold the ball up.

Be a great third choice striker or battler for second choice next season.

Hopping into the boat as well.

If he wants to hang around for another year he's more than welcome to. He's been a great transfer thus far and he can probably teach the fledgling Lukaku a thing or two. If he doesn't mind being the 2nd or 3rd choice CF he's more than welcome to hang around, he's grown on the fans as well.

Assuming we sign someone like Costa as 1st choice, and have Lukaku as 2nd choice. Eto'o as 3rd choice if it's willing to stay would be great, but he will hardly play. Ba uis 3rd chouce now and look how few games he's had.

I'd keep him, get rid of Torres and Ba, keep Lukaku and get Costa in. We'd finally have a strikeforce that competes with City and Liverpool's. However, you also have to keep in mind the wage he's on and at his age with him being 3rd choice striker is it viable? Also, will he be happy being 3rd choice? He could easily go to America to retire and still earn over 100k a week while playing every week.

But yes, a Costa, Lukaku and Eto'o strikeforce makes me moist.