Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carrickblue

Pre World Cup Friendlies

I'm sure a lot of us will be watching the friendlies over the next couple of weeks.

Tonight I am watching Belgium v Luxembourg.  I'm interested to see if there's any sign of a connection between Hazard and Lukaku - nothing much in the first half.  In fact, Mirallas and Lukaku clearly have a good understanding.

At half-time it's Lukaku 2 Luxembourg 1 - he could have had a first half hat-trick

No they didn't include him, but they've a lot of talent and a lot of guys playing in England. Dark horses....

Going to watch France and Norway tomorrow night to see what they're about....getting pretty excited about the World Cup

Joey,i am beginning to believe England might throw a surprise or two this time. Theyve the potential to be a lot better than people think

I just can't see it... You look at the back line and you wouldn't say any of the likely starting 4 are world class players.

Considering they're going to be coming up against against world class attacks it's hard to see them coping. 

Yeah, I'm getting excited too. Even for England.

In my country, the orange articles (t-shirts, hats, bunting, flags, you know, your average junk) are not flying off the shelves :-)

Is it on TV?

Nigerian side looks a little weak, no Mikel, Moses , Odedemwinge, and Oduamadi on the bench.

Aluko, and Anchibe havent managed to get called up either

We haven't even created a single chance this is diabolical

I know Sturridge scored with a great finish but we have done nothing against a very very average Peru side

edit: Cahill just scored but we have still been poor

They've made more chances and Sturridge's goal came from a quick throw in which took them for surprise.

Most of our attacks come from their mistakes as well, it's not looking good..