Chelsea website

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

It's ok. Usually I prefer simple, lightweight websites and don't like it when things like menus appear/disappear just by moving the mouse around but this isn't so bad. It looks like it's designed to be a good middle-ground for people using mice and touch screens, which makes sense.

I just found a dead link trying to get to the "True Blue" membership section from the Tickets page, I have reported it so that's my good dead done for the day.

I prefer the older one much easier to navigate

I find this set up much more easier to navigate, & it looks the business.

We cannot all be the same, otherwise we would have no decent arguments.

I worked for a digital agency who we were in talks to re-do our website a couple of years ago (the ticket portal was one of the main parts of the discussions) - apparently the clubs digital team were quite junior and really silo-ed as an organisation. Talks would just hit a wall, and they found it hard to make a case to get the kind of budget needed to get the job done properly! Funny that..  :laugh2:

Edited by Jones1905

The typeface isnt the best choice, a nice font like OpenSans would have been nice maybe.

Jones, I am sure your agency would have cost the club an absolute fortune, its no surprise they kept it in house for the designers and developers, as they are investable as well.

Personally I think the structure and design of the new site is pretty decent, built on a nice responsive grid.... its just the fonts I don't particularly like.

That annoying little bubble (?) in bottom corner could be removed........but onwards and upwards...the blues corporation doesn't stand still on anything

Pretty sure that bubble is just there on a very temporary basis to report bugs and dead links.

That is pretty bad, but not the end of the world.

There's probably 2 or 3 designers in there under intense pressure, its as much the designers fault as the person who should be proof reading and signing off.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/11/5889593/romelu-lukaku-kurt-zouma-the-chelsea-website-is-very-confused

This kind of sh*t is embarrassing. Not the first time the website has been a complete f**k up.

Blimey that's some overreaction in that article. 

An entire website has just relaunched, there's always going to be a list of snagging issues to resolve.

Yes it's a cock up but it's not the end of the world, heaven forbid they should make any mistakes on their own site. 

Why is it pretty bad? Because they're black? Would it be "pretty bad" if they accidentally put Fabregas's picture on Matic's profile? Or would it be a complete non-story?

Edited by Zeta Orionis

I've had a look this morning and Zouma's profile isn't on there now.

I'm assuming it's because they don't have an official club photo of him in his Chelsea kit like the rest of the players. 

When whoever was setting up the site they may have substituted his photo for one of Lukaku to test it but forgot to remove it before making the website go live. 

I'm sure it was an honest mistake and I'm just surprised by the tone of the WAGNH article on it. 

Anyone else having issues with loading the Chelsea website since the new look came in?

I've had it a few times now where the site just loads up as a blank white page or after loading the formatting isn't right.

I assume it's just teething problems but it's a bit frustrating when you're trying to read up on big announcements like Costa's signing or the Luis transfer being agreed, 

• 2 months later...