Shirt swapping at half time

Uno

What are your thoughts on this subject?

For me I dont think it matters. It doesnt hold the game up or anything like that. I dont see why its ok for the players to swap shirts at full time but not at half time.

If anyone should be annoyed it should be the kit man having to pull out another shirt for the player who has given his away.

Guest RFC_CFC

If your team are not performing then the players would have better things on their mind than swapping shirts.

If they really wanted to they should do this when they get to the tunnel so we the support don't need to see them doing it and would save everyone all the hassle of it.

It's not a big deal but supporters pay their hard earned cash to watche these footballers give their all for our team...swapping shirts and having a jolly with the game at a halfway stage does not give a good impression of this IMO.

Not sure to be honest. Found this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2317025/Football-shirt-swaps-Bobby-Moore-Pele-England-v-Argentina.html

Ramsey wasn't happy about shirt swapping after the England v Argentina game in 1966. Had forgotten that Paulo and Ronaldinho had swapped shirts at half-time when we played Barca in 2005. Can't remember too many complaints at the time.

I don't care when players swap shirts, if they've finished wearing them then swap away.

What I really don't like however, is that these prima-dona's will only wear the same shirt for 45 minutes.  The public, the people that fund their rediculous life-styles often have to save or wait for birthday's/christmas etc to get the current kit - then half of us moan that they only last one season!  These self centred pricks wouldn't wear the kit again even after it's been washed, now what the bloody hell is all that about???

A lot of fuss about nothing. Football fans like to pick on trivial things to get offended about, especially if it gives them an opportunity to have a go at a less popular player. If Suarez had done that last season then none of the scousers would bat an eyelid, but Ballotelli? String the f**ker up.

Depends on the match, I have no problem with players doing it at full-time though.

Proper cringed at Gerrard stopping Arbeloa taking his shirt off and telling him he'd only swap with him in the changing rooms, classic attention seeking Slippy G.

Don't like it. It strikes me as one p[layer admitting he's overawed by one of his opponents and desperately wants his shirt so doesn't want to wait until full-time and risk not getting it.

If it's a 3rd round FA cup game and you're a non-league side playing a premier league side, or something like that, then fine. But not 2 professional sides playing at the same level, roughly.

To be fair to Balotelli though, after his first half performance he must have known he wouldn't need his shirt for the 2nd half. 

Archived