Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2015/2016

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Hoping everything isn't too serious up in Manchester and security is being cautious more than anything else.

I assume the match will be played at a later date or will each team be given a point each and the season ends today regardless?

Bloody hell, just checked live scores and saw match abandoned, first thought was either someone has died, or bomb scare.

Hopefully it's just someones lunch box, left in a bag somewhere, and nothing serious.

I can't think of another time I've known this happen for a 'suspicious package' in football. It's so strange for a final day match to be abandoned aswell, although I bet Sky Sports will be loving it as they can show another Prem game on another night.

Hoping everything isn't too serious up in Manchester and security is being cautious more than anything else.

I assume the match will be played at a later date or will each team be given a point each and the season ends today regardless?

Surely it will be replayed as it will effect positions in the table.

I can't think of another time I've known this happen for a 'suspicious package' in football. It's so strange for a final day match to be abandoned aswell, although I bet Sky Sports will be loving it as they can show another Prem game on another night.

Interestingly enough there was a trumped up 'bomb scare' at Old Trafford in 2004, when 400 GMP officers supposedly foiled a non-existent plot to attack the stadium.

Man U bomb plot probe ends in farce

GMP INITIATED OLD TRAFFORD 'BOMB THREAT'

Edited by Charles Ryder

I wonder if the Old Trafford business is connected to the recent large-scale anti-terror drills in Manchester, potential cat and mouse type stuff going on between spooks probing to expose security flaws...

Or perhaps I just have an over-active imagination!

That fat knacker Jon cross showing his class..

John Cross

John Cross – Verified account ?@johncrossmirror

That was worth the trip...