Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2015/2016

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Burton Albion were promoted to League One for the first time in history last season and have secured promotion straight up to the Championship after only a year in League One. Their stadium seats about 6000.

Correction: Their stadium only seats 2,034. The rest is standing area. Below the Championship stadiums aren't required to be all seats. This could pose quite a challenge for Burton Albion because they'll have to make changes in order to comply with the Championship stadium requirements. If they get relegated right away, they could be in financial trouble due to not having enough time to recoup the costs.

Didn't Jimmy manage Burton? Did he get them prompted to League One?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes Jimmy Hasselbaink got them promoted to League One before going to QPR. Now their manager is Brian Clough's son Nigel Clough.

I've no idea which of those teams to regard as the underdog...

Hahaha so true!

Thirteen point gap would be huge, what's intetrsting is Leicester can only get 83 puts which is one of the lowest in the PL era

The low point total suggests that the league is becoming more even and matches less predictable. A very good thing in my opinion. I would hate for the Premier League to become like the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 where you have one club so dominant (even if that club were us!). It'll be interesting to see if this is a one year fluke or if it's a growing trend.

I saw that on Twitter yesterday and looked up the actual interview.

He didn't actually say that at all, all he said was that he was thrilled to be joining his boyhood club.

Beware of trusting blind quotes on the internet!

Edited by PloKoon13

I saw that on Twitter yesterday and looked up the actual interview.

He didn't actually say that at all, all he said was that he was thrilled to be joining his boyhood club.

Beware of trusting blind quotes on the internet!

I was skeptical of it the minute I saw it because if he actually said that it would have been news at the time.

It's upsetting that someone smeared him like this, and the vast majority of people who see the fraudulent quote will never learn that's it's not true. I'd be furious if I were him.

The low point total suggests that the league is becoming more even and matches less predictable. A very good thing in my opinion. I would hate for the Premier League to become like the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 where you have one club so dominant (even if that club were us!). It'll be interesting to see if this is a one year fluke or if it's a growing trend.

Thing is while less predictable is great the poor standard of football isn't. So it's gaining more competition for a poorer standard of football. Not a good thing IMO

Stubborn to a fault really.

He doesn’t have a plan B, he only knows one way to play and once it get’s found out and the team start losing it seems everyone loses faith in him.

Couldn’t happen to a better person though, his smug wee face during the summer window was unbearable to see…let him sneak out the cat flap to another club where he will no doubt fail again.

So long Bob.

Hey I'm Bob he's Rob :laugh:

Personally I think he simply got found out, they did well in his first season. I think a lot of that was he got lucky getting good seasons out of Distin and Barry who were both over the hill. Also Lukaku was fresh in with a point to prove etc. Since then though they have massively underachieved and that is down to Martinez. Him and Rodgers are quite similar but I'd actually rate Rodgers a little higher. Martinez Wigan winning the FA Cup was a fluke and I think many Wigan fans would agree and I don't mean any disrespect when I say that either.