Manchester City vs. Chelsea (PL) 16/08/15 KO 16:00 BST

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I don't think there is any shame in getting beat by city at the etihad, even though they ran out of arsehole last season they are still a very strong side. I'm really starting to question what our long term plan is through ? Unless we identified targets but couldn't get them over the line I find it baffling that we haven't strengthened. As neville said toward the end of last year. Add someone like bale to the side and there is a real chance of domination for the next few years?

Are we tightening the purse strings? If so why? We can clearly afford to spend £50 on a player ?

Edited by MJB

that happiness of arsenal getting beat has dropped a little after seeing city get a result last night. hopefully we can bury the c**ts this weekend, their fanbase is up there with the worst of them, then on top of that the arrogance and loud mouths of both kompany and pellegrini, how anyone could not want to see them lose is beyond me. 

Edited by enigma

i agree with what one of our fans said the other day on a youtube video. i think we're struggling right now but we'll hit our peak all of a sudden and start picking our form up. we ended the season and then went to Australia, some of the lads went to the copa america, we had a shorter pre-season, coming back from USA then playing in the charity shield a few days later, then fiorentina game mid week after and then a league game, so i have no doubts it's taken it's toll, but we just need to get going again and we'll step up the gears. i am hoping we peak this weekend and put a real good show on vs city to show OUR intent. 

Edited by enigma

I agree, think we have planned this out by July. It's either  a calculated gamble, or we just ran out of money to spend (new stadium?) God forbid if we lose heavily on the weekend, there will be a front page picture of Roman's frowning face and titled Jose is facing the sack  :Connie_threaten:

It's only August for god sake.

It certainly isn't the "ran out of money" thing, we had like +- 130m£ to spend. The club/Roman just decided that he didn't want to spend i guess.

We should have done had a pre season like last season, the preparation was fantastic with minimal travel.

Everyone was on fire.

Costa was banging them in, Cesc scoring and setting up while Hazard was tearing it up too.

We seem jaded and lacking in fitness compared to other teams, we really cant afford to be 5 points behind the likes of United and City this early in the season.

Everyone was on fire.

Costa was banging them in, Cesc scoring and setting up while Hazard was tearing it up too.

We seem jaded and lacking in fitness compared to other teams, we really cant afford to be 5 points behind the likes of United and City this early in the season.

Definitely, although 5 points behind wouldn't be a disaster as we've seen in the past teams have bounced back from poor starts but it wouldn't be ideal.

Can see Ramires starting this one then getting hooked at half time when we're struggling. They looked faster, fitter and more clinical than we did. Admittedly that is on the basis of one competitive performance, but realistically that is the only measure we have of what to expect. 

I place absolutely no relevance on what happened last season or how we performed a few months ago etc. In the here and now we don't look great. I agree with ChelsBear in that we will get done by a 2 goal margin. 

I would rather be 5 points behind now than be 5 points behind in February / March. We can get this right, and hopefully we can bring in a couple of players before the end of the window to freshen things up a little and provide us with some other options. If we go down against city away and we need to make a change in the latter stages of the game, I don't think our bench offers anything other than sheer mediocrity. 

If we decide to play deeper and more defensive which is probably more likely, then Cesc doesnt offer much. Makes sense to put a more mobile, physical player in.

If that were to happen I could see him pushed up further beside Costa with Ramires or Oscar taking up Cescs usual position.

What Cesc can do is get the ball in a nothing situation and pin point it to Costas big toe to set up a goal scoring opportunity.

In counters he could be vital.

Edited by Chelsbear

If that were to happen I could see him pushed up further beside Costa with Ramires or Oscar taking up Cescs usual position.

What Cesc can do is get the ball in a nothing situation and pin point it to Costas big toe to set up a goal scoring opportunity.

In counters he could be vital.

Personally would like to see Oscar used deeper. Has the stamina and workrate for an out and out CM. 

Cant see it though, would imagine Ramires will come in for Oscar to be honest. 

Everyone was on fire.

The most impressive part is how costa and fab fitted in straight away and started perfect, thats so rare especially as costa has never played in the league before...

Whether Zouma is deployed at CB or DMF he will defiantly play I feel, he defiantly offers some steal and pace, with him and Ramires we might not be pretty but we will be safe, and most importantly ivan will be covered and we will get our goal...I'm thinking 1 -0 with:

Begovic

Ivan------Cahill-----JT-----Azpi

-------Zouma------Matic--------------

Ramires----Oscar/Willian----Hazard

----------------Costa-----------------------

Edited by Oneclubinlondon