Manchester City vs. Chelsea (PL) 16/08/15 KO 16:00 BST

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

No Courtois, so naturally Begovic will slot in.

We were atrocious versus Swansea. We aren't clicking at all and no-one seems to have any energy or motivation behind them whatsoever. It was reminiscent to the way we finished the end of last season. 

Since we thrashed Swansea 5-0 away last year, I don't think there were many games I really thought we played well in, and even they were the architects of their own downfall for that game.

We need to see some passion, some desire, some want. We know they can all do it. Jose has to get on top of this.

PS - made sure the title was up to Beerqueen's standards.

8 days of rest and training will help the players, and I really hope they make those days count. It's very hard to get a win at that place but we've done it before and seen how badly their defence has been in pre-season. Obviously pre-season means nothing, but if they get beat by Albion tonight then their confidence won't be the highest and we can really take advantage. Onwards and upwards

I think we need to revert to type for this one. I would say we should try and mimic the way we played against them when we beat them 1-0 in February last year. So largely sitting fairly deep, with the front four pressing aggressively.

The main question for me is whether to start Oscar or Fabregas behind the striker. Oscar was clearly the better performer against Swansea (and is better-suited to a pressing game), but we may well lack penetration in our passing without Fabregas. I doubt José will select this XI, but forced to choose between the two, I imagine he would go for Cesc.

------------------------Begovic

Ivanovic-------Cahill-------Terry--------Azpilicueta

------------------Mikel--------Matic

-------Willian--------Fabregas--------Hazard

-------------------------Costa

We were atrocious versus Swansea. We aren't clicking at all and no-one seems to have any energy or motivation behind them whatsoever. It was reminiscent to the way we finished the end of last season. 

Have to disagree with that comment, I don't think anyone was lacking in energy or motivation. There were a couple of individual errors that cost us, but Ivanovic and Fabregas aside, I think everybody put in a good shift. All of our starting forwards looked sharp, too, which was a surprise to me given our pre-season.

We faced a totally different Swansea to the side we put five past last year, I think it's unrealistic to expect us to waltz past any Premier League side in that fashion - the gap between teams just isn't that big.

For this game, I hope Oscar isn't sacrificed for Zouma or Ramires, although I suspect he may be. Otherwise fairly confident, we're more than capable of taking three points at Man City.

Think we will set out to defend, or Park the bus, for this one.

Begovic

Brana

Cahill

Jt

Azpilequata

Zouma

Matic

Willian

Oscar

Hazard

Costa

That is the best I can hope for with the line up. I could see ramires, Mikel and cesc in there rather than oscar, willian and zouma. Even if baba signs cannot see him starting this one.

Tight game but one that opens up if city score first. Expecting a score draw or city to win by a goal or two.

Yeah wonder if he'll bring Zouma in with Matic like's he done before.

Hazard - Costa - Willian

Oscar - Zouma - Matic

The usual back 4

Asmir B

Not a great deal of creativity, but pretty damn solid defensively. And at least more dynamic in their movement without Fabregas anyways. Ramires might come on for one of the mids eventually. Wouldn't mind him starting either tbh. 

------------------Oscar--------Matic

I really want to see Oscar and Fabregas swap positions. Fabregas is getting caught out too much next to Matic. I think Oscar is fitter, faster, can track back better and can tackle. Mourinho was testing it in pre season, hopefully he plans on doing the same against City.

Edited by Scott Harris

----------------------Begovic----------------------

----Ivanovic----Zouma----Terry-------Azpi----

----------------Ramires---Matic------------------

----------Willian---Fabregas--Hazard----------

---------------------Costa-----------------------------

Zouma dealt with the threat of Sterling fantastically last season, Cahill hasn't been at his best recently. Can see Jose setting the team up nice and solid bringing ramires into the side and playing on the counter.

I think we need to revert to type for this one. I would say we should try and mimic the way we played against them when we beat them 1-0 in February last year. So largely sitting fairly deep, with the front four pressing aggressively.

The main question for me is whether to start Oscar or Fabregas behind the striker. Oscar was clearly the better performer against Swansea (and is better-suited to a pressing game), but we may well lack penetration in our passing without Fabregas. I doubt José will select this XI, but forced to choose between the two, I imagine he would go for Cesc.

------------------Mikel--------Matic

With this line up, i will expect us to get all 3 points

Silva looking very very good in the Baggies game. On a side note Toure seems to have remembered where the net is now. That second finish was sublime with the side foot. Sterling isn't looking too impressive but that's expected new team and new players, seems to constantly dispose of the ball to Silva whenever he gets it and really should have scored the third for City.

But yeah they seem to be further ahead in the return to full match fitness than we are. Everything seems fluid.

Anyone watching the city game, they look head and shoulders above us 

I don't think you can make such statements after watching 45 minutes against West Brom. On top of us being down to 10 (which we deserved) We can only carry on guessing. 

My guess is that we will defend and poach. 

We cannot just write ourselves off so early on. If we are still struggling after 5 then we (and MR A) will assess. 

City looks good against West Brom, but I'm sure Jose got a plan to destroy them. 

I'd like to see this XI:

Begovic

Ivanovic

Zouma

Terry

Azpi

Matic

Fabregas

Willian

Oscar

Hazard

Costa

We've to win this! After our last game must come an improvement. We have to prove that we're still the champions of England, I'm fully motivated for this match and ready for the battle. COME ON CHELS!