Manchester City vs. Chelsea (PL) 16/08/15 KO 16:00 BST

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

We have to have show and use some attacking threat. Costa hazard Oscar and Willian offer plenty.

I am sure we will approach this with a view to stopping citeh getting 3 points, but total defence is not the way to do that for a team with premiership ambition.

A good test between two top sides to be sure.

Its not about playing ATTACKING football, but POSITIVE football.

I can assure you now, there is no way JM planned for us to be defending that much, with so little possesion at Home v Utd. Of course he will say they were the tactics, bu we were simply forced onto the back foot and couldnt retain the ball.

What you have got to remember is that Man U were more than happy to pass the ball about in there own half it was as if they were just trying to win the possession stat keeping it in positions where they are no threat to us, 2 shots on target in the full 90 with 70% possession says it all. We scored pretty early so didn't need to chase the game and i would say we were ever on the back foot as Man U never had the initiative to take the front foot, how can you be on the back foot when the team you are against never looked threatening in the game.

How i'd set up in this game as I don't think City's defence is up to scratch and with pacey players running at them on the counter they give away a lot of fouls and there is space to find.

-Begovic-

Ivan - Zouma - Terry - Azpi
                  - Matic - 

- Oscar -  Fabregas  -

Wilian -                           - Hazard
                    Costa 

Not much different to most I know but I think we should play a counter attacking game where we sucker them in and break fast with Hazard and Willian running at Mangala who I think will get sent off and Costa looking for runs in behind with Fabregas pinging the balls to him is the best way for us to win and
I'm going to predict 2-0 Chelsea  with a Hazard pen with Mangala getting sent off and a late Costa goal ( I know 90 mins 2 games in a row might be a little bit of a shock) 

I would also play defensively quite narrow as they don't really have a great target man to cross to 

Edited by PedroMendez

If you added eva as a CF Mou would be just as likely to play that squad, not to say it doesn't work but I can call Mou's squads like they are scripted, he is not very spontaneous or adventurous when it comes to picking his squad, and maybe that's a good thing 

I never suggested he would.

And anyway 9 of my 11 are first team regulars, Zouma at RB and Traore at RF being the exceptions. 

If Fabregas is going to be a regular all season we need a three man central midfield, he doesn't have the legs to operate in a two. He offers very little when we do not have possesion. Jose was very quick to offload Mata because he lacked athletism.Ramirez or Zouma to start on Sunday. Personally I would rather have Oscar in my starting eleven than Fabregas. After a summer off I am sure

he could be effective in a slightly deeper role.He loves a tackle thats for sure,his technique is quality and he is more mobile than Cesc.

I'm usually 100% confident against potential challengers to the crown, however I'm worried about this game. We seem all over the place defensively, through Ivan and Cahill who last season were showing signs of going backwards as Terry just kept improving. Terry and Dave is perfect, Cahill and Ivanovic is worrying.

Matic protecting the left side for Terry and Azpi is yet another bonus.

Fabregas protecting the other side again is worrying.

Hopefully Pellegrini is too much of a moron to recognise this. If Sterling plays on the right we will deal with him easily.

If he plays on the left he could have a field day.

yet another arsenal fan - you lost m8? this is a chelsea forum and ive seen better trolls through the inside of my arse crack

no one cares or remembers how you win. this is why your club has 0 premier league titles over the last 11 years and we have 4 + big ears

Dear oh dear.

What was I saying about simple minds. Back in your box son.

Mayweather doesn't get ko's and doesnt have to be a defensive boxer but he is and no one can beat him, mou has a philosophy, isnt gonna change and we do play fluid attractive football, were you not watching last season, second most goals scored even with our striker injured, in fact the one thing that bothers me is when we do play like arsenal too many passes and trying to walk it in, I'd like to see quicker passing, longer passes, zipping it out wide, like Man U in teh 90's if fact if you watch liverpool play that's the one thing they do well is move the ball quickly 

What you have got to remember is that Man U were more than happy to pass the ball about in there own half it was as if they were just trying to win the possession stat keeping it in positions where they are no threat to us, 2 shots on target in the full 90 with 70% possession says it all. We scored pretty early so didn't need to chase the game and i would say we were ever on the back foot as Man U never had the initiative to take the front foot, how can you be on the back foot when the team you are against never looked threatening in the game.

I haven't mentioned arsenal in one of my posts so this comparison is yours not mine. We have the players to win the ball back high, and try to Win games in a positive manner. Not hold on to 1-0s. As a fan I'd like to see that happen, we showed in games last year we are capable. But its a philosophy thta needs constant work and bedding in. To keep changing styles makes it very hard for players.

I agree with you about passing quicker, that certainly needs to happen. Very slow sometimes.

And FYI I hate watching mayweather!!

Looking forward to getting back to the football and moving away from the tedium that is the discussion about the restructuring of a medical department. 

Big game for us even though it's only the second game of the season, good chance we'll be seeing Ramires for this one and he might be asked to stick to the right hand side. 

You can imagine Pellegrino asking Sterling to run at Ivanovic all game long after seeing the success Montero had last weekend for Swansea. 

I think Oscar is likely to miss out on this one which is a shame considering how well he played against Swansea... If he doesn't start then I really think Fabregas needs to starting leaving a mark on these sorts of games more to justify his inclusion ahead of Oscar. 

Hopefully Costa leads the line again... I think him and Hazard are going to need to be on top of their game because it's likely they'll be pretty isolated from the rest of the team for a lot of the game. 

And FYI I hate watching mayweather!

Same as everyone else who doesn't understand the intricacies of boxing, and what goes into that style, perfect example...but those in the game love it, just like you wont hear a football expert complain about Chealea's style, rather they praise it 

Despite City being very good, my heart is set at ease knowing Pellegrini is still the manager. Not only is he naive at times, he's very stubborn.

I was feeling depressed about this, but I have a feeling we might just outclass them. Mourinho also hates losing to rivals more than anything, so he may have something up his sleeve. A good chance we may end up parking the ferrari against city.