Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blueblur

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers

23 hours ago, boomerdog said:

Well, gonna be strange not seeing Italy play in a world cup. Gigi buffon announced after the game that it was his final game for his country. I feel like if this was England everyone would be laughing their arses off!

I think its because England players are such underachievers at this level and Buffon has been around for years and rarely underachieved. He also has a world cup winners medal too which helps.

13 hours ago, Blueblur said:

It will be refreshing to not see Italy in a WC for once. I am sick of the pomp and media masturbation over them every time they play. Conte worked miracles with them, they won't be challenging for a trophy for a very long time now.

I always find games involving Italy to be really dull, so i won't miss them. At their best, they are really efficient, but they haven't been an entertaining team to watch for as long as i can remember. Even when they won the world cup in 2006 they were boring to watch.

Denmark were simply on another level compared to Ireland. Totally deserved.
I'd call Eriksen a Spurs c**t but that would be just purely throwing the toys out of the pram. I've never been so embarrassed after watching a football match in my life. Men against boys tonight. The absolute spinelessness of the performance was reminiscent of Arsenal being tanked by Bayern. Fair play to Denmark they fully deserved it tonight. As for Ireland, well I'm actually glad we didn't qualify; we would have stunk Russia out.

Now it's time to avoid social media for the foreseeable future; all those f**king gimps who were mouthing off in the build up to this tie have just given so much ammo to the general footballing community

Season ticket has really paid off this year, saw tickets going online for 300+ quid. Hopefully the atmosphere is rocking and we can get the result
I hope you get your money back

11 hours ago, adineen98 said:

I hope you get your money back emoji16.png

Poor poor performance, tactically naive after scoring early, I felt 5-1 flattered them a small bit, but we were utterly outclassed by a side who fully deserved to go through.  Eriksen, one of the best number 10s in the world, given so much space to operate and punished us for it. I’ll be hoping they do well now in the World Cup. Absolutely sickened to my stomach though after being to every home World Cup qualifier only to see it end like that. We can look back at one game that cost us dearly and that’s the draw with Georgia. Time to look forward to the Euro 2020 qualifier I guess

It was sad watching our, admittedly limited players, look like rabble last night. Bring back Brian Kerr - at least when we lost under him we tried to play a semblance of football. The only upside is that Valerie's mate is happy.

3 hours ago, Liam said:

It was sad watching our, admittedly limited players, look like rabble last night. Bring back Brian Kerr - at least when we lost under him we tried to play a semblance of football. The only upside is that Valerie's mate is happy.

She was beaming. And she didn't even have a clue who Andreas Christensen is :mad:

6 hours ago, Van Butsen said:

What did you think of the game?

I was personally thoroughly unimpressed.  Great result though.

We are a very average team. Theres not much polish and silk to Australia and goals will always be a struggle(Cahill still the only danger at 38 years old). We didnt play great, but I guess the result is all that matters.

We wont get out of the group stage though.

Anyone try and get WC tickets?  How did you go?

I went in the first ballot but didn't get any. Then did the first come first served phase yesterday morning, tried to get follow Australia tickets also follow England tickets but both options were not working (I presume this was because they were already gone) so I just randomly picked some cities and will be at the mercy of the draw.

June 16 Moscow
June 19 Saransk
June 24 Rostov