World Cup 2018 Qualifiers

Blueblur
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

By far the most interesting with lots of unfancied and untested players at this level.

RLC did well should have had a couple of assists, I also liked the look of Maguire later, coming forward to open up the Germans.

I thought Dier did well and thought Tammy showed strength and was unfortunate he could not convert his chance. Don't' see him yet as a first team player more one for the future if he keeps improving.

Always difficult to assess if friendlies give a good indication of potential yet you can only beat the opposition in front of you.

On 11/11/2017 at 21:58, adineen98 said:

Torn over the result tonight, kept Denmark relatively quiet, but we created f**k all as well. Danish fans certainly weren't happy however, plenty of jeering during the match and at full time. A bit more adventurous on Tuesday, and I think we'll sneak it

I'll be at the match supporting the boys in green, I reckon if we start hoolahan we can unlock their defence, it was a dreary affair on saturday but I think that was the plan. Would have liked a blanket of an away goal however

I'll be at the match supporting the boys in green, I reckon if we start hoolahan we can unlock their defence, it was a dreary affair on saturday but I think that was the plan. Would have liked a blanket of an away goal however
Enjoy the match! Should be a good one, and extremely nerve wracking!

1 minute ago, adineen98 said:
55 minutes ago, RMCM said:

Enjoy the match! Should be a good one, and extremely nerve wracking!

Season ticket has really paid off this year, saw tickets going online for 300+ quid. Hopefully the atmosphere is rocking and we can get the result

On ?11?/?11?/?2017 at 22:04, Zeta said:

Even Solanke's been called up now, England are a joke. 

That's a bit harsh considering we got to see RLC and Tammy Abraham and also came close to winning against Germany.

I see this as Southgate using the opportunity with injuries to check on other potential England players.

We don't have a huge pool of talent so checking out those untested players on the margins at friendlies seems to make sense to me.

4 hours ago, Ledgerson said:

So, when was the last time Italy were not in the WC? 50 years ago? How long until we see another rumors how Comte was devastated watching Italy get knocked out, that he can't wait to go back to manage the NT?

1958 when the finals were held in Sweden. As you say, the rumours will start that Conte wants to go back to Italy which would be typical of the media.

4 hours ago, Blueblur said:

It will be refreshing to not see Italy in a WC for once. I am sick of the pomp and media masturbation over them every time they play. Conte worked miracles with them, they won't be challenging for a trophy for a very long time now.

I'll miss their sharp-looking kit, though.