Chelsea Vs Southampton (PL) Tue 25/04 2017 KO 19:45 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Good team result. Courtois looks injured. Very important result. Makes the game against Everton less of a nail biter.

Thought Romeu excellent for them, and indeed their right side attacking play in h1 was good.

For us costa back on form is the edge we need and hazard brilliant. Matic and kante strong.

Fab is not a wide player, lovely assist for coats first, no better than Alonso's though.

Excellent team performance.

Oh, no, Southampton had more possession :Troll_Face:

Seriously though, solid performance other than a couple of defensive moments. Terrific effort and pace. Cesc and Kante co-MotM for me. Give Cahill credit for sprinting back in from outside the box to drive that key header in just before the half.

Oh, and that Diego guy was back in the lineup after missing for several matches.

Starting to look like Title Winners.

Come on you Chelsea!! :bluescalf::bluescalf:

Good result, and great to see Diego regain the ability of linking up with other attackers. 

However still nervous that our defence may let us down crucially in one of the final games. A win vs Everton would go a long way to making me more confident.

Excellent performance overall despite conceding 2 goals. Great to see the old Diego back. We are definitely going to need that kind of performance to wrap up the title. Credit to Southampton who gave us a really good game. Hope Palace can do us a favour tomorrow.

1 minute ago, DELBY said:

Excellent performance overall despite conceding 2 goals. Great to see the old Diego back. We are definitely going to need that kind of performance to wrap up the title. Credit to Southampton who gave us a really good game. Hope Palace can do us a favour tomorrow.

Don't know about you, but I am "feelin' glad all over, baby I'm........."

16 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

Big Sam has already beaten all other London teams, he needs to complete it with a win against Spurs tomorrow. Hopefully they win 3-2.

Sadly big Sam already confirmed he's playing a weakened side against Spuds 

Cracking game and atmosphere at the bridge. Got a bit quiet for 10mins after saints equalised, but a good sing song was had for the rest of the game, even in  the usually quiter east lower family where I was.

Made up to get to see JT for one last time in person.  

4 wins will do it.  

Come on you blues. 

Fantastic win and a really positive performance.  Some great football throughout the game. 

The pressure is really on though. Assuming Spurs win tomorrow and Sunday and we drop points vs Everton - Spurs play before us in the next game so they will be ahead of us. 

Lots of ifs in that so let's just enjoy being 7 clear. 

Would someone be so kind as to start the Everton match thread? I would but do not want to jinx anything. Need someone that always wins the threads they start.

This has been the match I have had circled for quite some time on the fixture list. Did not have high hopes vs Jose at OT prior to the match. Everton is 50/50 and a key match.

2 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Fantastic win and a really positive performance.  Some great football throughout the game. 

The pressure is really on though. Assuming Spurs win tomorrow and Sunday and we drop points vs Everton - Spurs play before us in the next game so they will be ahead of us

Lots of ifs in that so let's just enjoy being 7 clear. 

Ahead of us how? It would be a 1 point difference worst case scenario.

Worst case scenario we lose to Everton and Spurs win vs Palace and Arsenal, our lead would be cut to 1 point. In the next round of matches, Spurs play before us so they would go top before we play our match which would really pile on the pressure.