Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2017/2018

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Jose apparently unhappy with the United board over lack of signings. His two year distruption phase has started early..

He's always managed to win the title in his second season at all the clubs he's been at. He knows the pressure to deliver is on.

51 minutes ago, Maksimov said:

He's always managed to win the title in his second season at all the clubs he's been at. He knows the pressure to deliver is on.

He has, but Ibra always won the title in his first season at all his clubs until United.

There's actually a science around Jose's second season succeses. The first half of season 2 the player's are fully in tune to his ways but also to early in to be burned out by them, a combination that delivers both the results and outstanding performances. The start of the burn out tends to happen around January/February time which leads to Jose turning the attacking hose off and playing very boring/defensive football to bring the trophy home (which he did with us on both 2nd season's). Then when he returns for pre season in season 3 and wants to stick to the "tried and trusted" tactics is when problem's start, its one thing convincing world class player's, the fans and the club hierarchy to buy into Pulis ball with a major title within touching distance, trying to pull it off long term however is not going to work at top clubs.

I think United are actually under the most pressure to win next season, if they don't win the league or CL they have basically wasted time appointing Jose.

He used to be a more flexible manager iirc. His Inter team wasn't the best but his tactics more or less came through for them along with Sneijder reaching peak form.

Then he found this magical 4231 and stuck to it. Arguably, it was after the Madrid stint that he started to trust only his chosen 12-14 players and became even more cynical and borderline paranoid. It's sad watching him go from the charismatic charming man in 2004 to current Jose.

Rooney apparently in talks about a return to Everton. 

Supposedly he isn't going to fly out with the United squad for their pre-season tour at the weekend. 

Because of his £13m a year wages United may even let him leave on a free transfer. 

To be honest I'm not sure he would even make their starting XI? 

32 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Rooney apparently in talks about a return to Everton. 

Supposedly he isn't going to fly out with the United squad for their pre-season tour at the weekend. 

Because of his £13m a year wages United may even let him leave on a free transfer. 

To be honest I'm not sure he would even make their starting XI

Me either.  I think it's fair to say Rooney is on a seriously steep decline in ability. It just shows you how detrimental poor lifestyle choices can be in relation to the longevity of a footballer's career. I used to read regularly that Rooney didn't really take diet and things like that seriously and now it looks like it's catching up with him. Unfortunately the guy is like me, he merely has to look at food and gains weight. I just don't really see any benefit for Everton to sign him. He isn't at the level to be a starter, probably going to be expensive to be a squad option.

47 minutes ago, Zola said:

Lukaku to Utd £75M

We have dodged a bullet I think

He is a good buy but arguably no more consistent than he was at CFC. He's not a goal a game forward and there'll be a weight of expectation on his shoulders.

Still, a statement of intent from Utd. 

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

He's not a goal a game forward and there'll be a weight of expectation on his shoulders.

75 million is a massive weight on his shoulders. He's got to hit the ground running or the knives will be out. If not by the fickle fans, then at least by the media.

21 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Saw Defoe in tears in the press conference and all the situation with the little guy Bradley... I have so much respect for him, he does bigger things than just scoring goals. 

My friend was saying that little boy died today, very sad. I think its also really sad all the other kids that we don't read about in the press that have similar illnesses that die every day without note. Makes you wonder what it's all about really.

On Thursday, July 06, 2017 at 21:51, Argo said:

Apparently Ruben Neves is heading to Wolves. Has he had a early decline I'm unaware off?

Mendes has a big say in Wolves.

As it stands, Mendes is the agent of Neves, the coach of Wolves as well as the footballing advisor of Wolves' owner

On 7/4/2017 at 18:57, JM7 said:

Jose apparently unhappy with the United board over lack of signings. His two year distruption phase has started early..

Yeah, and Conte is fuming over our lack of signings, even threatened to resign...