Jump to content

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2017/2018


Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Recommended Posts





On ?07?/?07?/?2017 at 16:28, MissouriBlue said:

My friend was saying that little boy died today, very sad. I think its also really sad all the other kids that we don't read about in the press that have similar illnesses that die every day without note. Makes you wonder what it's all about really.

I believe a lots of kids are sensitive to Wi-Fi and Smart app radiation. I have a problem with it and on opening up at work turns out others do too.

I had a head injury as a kid before they installed those soft floor surfaces at playgrounds, though did not know about this until 35. I just got loads of weird symptoms yet when the Smart tech came in got swelling in the back and stinging sensations. The stinging becomes worse unless I can get away or protect from it.

Swelling in the back is one of the signs of childhood leukaemia. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I believe a lots of kids are sensitive to Wi-Fi and Smart app radiation. I have a problem with it and on opening up at work turns out others do too.

I had a head injury as a kid before they installed those soft floor surfaces at playgrounds, though did not know about this until 35. I just got loads of weird symptoms yet when the Smart tech came in got swelling in the back and stinging sensations. The stinging becomes worse unless I can get away or protect from it.

Swelling in the back is one of the signs of childhood leukaemia. 

 

So what were your symptoms you were having prior to knowing that was what was wrong with you? How do you shield from it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mad_mac said:

50 million for Kyle Walker.  World Record for a defender.  Unreal 

Mad isn't it !

Say what you want about our board, but at least they aren't stupid enough to pay £54M for the likes of Kyle Walker, who is now the most expensive defender ever, and yet I doubt he would even make the Top 100 of most people's "Top Defenders in Football History" list ...

Edited by Sexyfootball
Link to comment
Share on other sites



34 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Mad isn't it !

Say what you want about our board, but at least they aren't stupid enough to pay £54M for the likes of Kyle Walker, who is now the most expensive defender ever, and yet I doubt he would even make the Top 100 of most people's "Top Defenders in Football History" list ...

I can't stand Spurs or Levy, but they have killed it with that deal for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Walker's left us for City. No issue with that particularly: his head was turned and the price was good, and a tidy profit. 

My issue (and I am late to realise this) is that, at the very top clubs, there's little skill in making transfers. Walker is a good player, well established and known to be reliable. City have just, it seems, said 'He's good. Buy him and the manager can fit him into our system and make it work'. It's, superficially, as basic a process as choosing players for playground football. 'He's good - pick him'. 

I appreciate that a lot more skill goes into identifying talented players in lower leagues, or from abroad, but the top clubs are just buying 'good' players because they seem safe buys. 

Put another way, did Jose want Lukaku specifically or did he want any forward from a list of recognised, capable, PL forwards? Was Lukaku a case of 'We need a 20+ a season striker; find one'. Was Walker bought because he fitted a very short description of 'good right back'? E. g. 'We need a good right back, get me one'.? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

So Walker's left us for City. No issue with that particularly: his head was turned and the price was good, and a tidy profit. 

My issue (and I am late to realise this) is that, at the very top clubs, there's little skill in making transfers. Walker is a good player, well established and known to be reliable. City have just, it seems, said 'He's good. Buy him and the manager can fit him into our system and make it work'. It's, superficially, as basic a process as choosing players for playground football. 'He's good - pick him'. 

I appreciate that a lot more skill goes into identifying talented players in lower leagues, or from abroad, but the top clubs are just buying 'good' players because they seem safe buys. 

Put another way, did Jose want Lukaku specifically or did he want any forward from a list of recognised, capable, PL forwards? Was Lukaku a case of 'We need a 20+ a season striker; find one'. Was Walker bought because he fitted a very short description of 'good right back'? E. g. 'We need a good right back, get me one'.? 

 

Real is the most extreme case. Funny enough, all Zidane had to do to balance it was a HG DM lulz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

So Walker's left us for City. No issue with that particularly: his head was turned and the price was good, and a tidy profit. 

My issue (and I am late to realise this) is that, at the very top clubs, there's little skill in making transfers. Walker is a good player, well established and known to be reliable. City have just, it seems, said 'He's good. Buy him and the manager can fit him into our system and make it work'. It's, superficially, as basic a process as choosing players for playground football. 'He's good - pick him'. 

I appreciate that a lot more skill goes into identifying talented players in lower leagues, or from abroad, but the top clubs are just buying 'good' players because they seem safe buys. 

Put another way, did Jose want Lukaku specifically or did he want any forward from a list of recognised, capable, PL forwards? Was Lukaku a case of 'We need a 20+ a season striker; find one'. Was Walker bought because he fitted a very short description of 'good right back'? E. g. 'We need a good right back, get me one'.? 

 

 

A bit of an odd one given the way Pep was playing his fullbacks last season, having them move into midfield space at times, and the fact he was in for Dani Alves. Walker seems a different, more traditional type of fullback. You'd imagine Pep will be moulding him into his style of play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Charles Ryder said:

 

A bit of an odd one given the way Pep was playing his fullbacks last season, having them move into midfield space at times, and the fact he was in for Dani Alves. Walker seems a different, more traditional type of fullback. You'd imagine Pep will be moulding him into his style of play.

That's true. I hope Pep does try to change Walker as City's defence was poor at times last season. Pep was very slow to adapt to the PL and, generally, was given a free pass by the media. An English manager, given such a large club, would have been held more to account. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

That's true. I hope Pep does try to change Walker as City's defence was poor at times last season. Pep was very slow to adapt to the PL and, generally, was given a free pass by the media. An English manager, given such a large club, would have been held more to account. 

 

Yeah, it very quickly went from 'Pep's going to storm the league' to 'Pep needs another couple of transfer windows to build his squad', as far as the media were concerned. This wouldn't irk as much if they weren't plastering their websites with rumours of Conte being sacked at the same bloody time, all because Roman showed up at Cobham for a couple of days (for sit-down meetings to help Conte, no less).

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Charles Ryder said:

 

Yeah, it very quickly went from 'Pep's going to storm the league' to 'Pep needs another couple of transfer windows to build his squad', as far as the media were concerned. This wouldn't irk as much if they weren't plastering their websites with rumours of Conte being sacked at the same bloody time, all because Roman showed up at Cobham for a couple of days (for sit-down meetings to help Conte, no less).

 

 

 

It's an annoying double standard. Pep was so hyped, perhaps the media felt they had to cut him some slack, as an alternative to admitting they were wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Pep was quite cleaver in dealing with the media. I remember an early post match interview when the pundit immediately asked about a controversial incident, Pep let him know he was not impressed. He said something like,

"That was just one incident, don't you want to ask me how we played today?"

 

 

Edited by Strider6003
Link to comment
Share on other sites



23 hours ago, MissouriBlue said:

So what were your symptoms you were having prior to knowing that was what was wrong with you? How do you shield from it?

Angina, large mouth ulcers, headaches, skin problems, constipation, joint aches, circulation problems, tired in the mornings and more energy in the afternoon (more calories!).

I've tried loads of protective devices and have settled on these, I needed several so quite expensive but better for me than buying metallic paint:

https://www.bioprotectivesystems.com/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's an annoying double standard. Pep was so hyped, perhaps the media felt they had to cut him some slack, as an alternative to admitting they were wrong.

Also they really, really wanted this Pep vs Jose thing to be this epic battle and they were irrelevant in the race. Now they gotta build that up again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i actually think walker is a very shrewd signing for city. he is a very good player and pretty consistent. i would put him up there with azpi in this regard. not world class, but underrated

Edited by enigma
Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 minutes ago, Stim said:

Also they really, really wanted this Pep vs Jose thing to be this epic battle and they were irrelevant in the race. Now they gotta build that up again.

There was that hype. The whole pre-season coverage was wrong and the media couldn't acknowledge it. Being honest, most punditry is sort of educated guesswork. 

The media want angles but the clubs are more important than managerial rivalry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RFEF president Villar arrested on corruption charges

The president of the Spanish FA (RFEF) Angel Maria Villar and his son Gorka have been arrested by Spanish police on alleged corruption charges.

According to El Pais, the arrests were made after allegations Villar used RFEF funds to secure the necessary support for his re-election from regional presidents earlier this year.

In total, four people were arrested during Tuesday’s operation: Mr Villar and his son Gorka, the RFEF's Deputy-Chairman for finance, whom several Spanish media outlets named as Juan Padron, and Secretary of the Canary Islands' football association.

"During the investigation, which began at the start of 2016 following a complaint made by the National Sports Council,” read a statement from the Civil Guard.

“[Officers] have been able to determine how the Chairman of the RFEF was supposedly able to encourage the organising of matches between the Spanish national side and other national sides, thus receiving compensation for services and other commercial relations that benefitted his son, a lawyer who specialises in sports law, who was also arrested during the operation."

A brief police statement to the media report the arrests are due to investigations into 'irregularites in the management of the Federation'.

The 67-year-old, who has been in place since 1988, was controversially re-elected as RFEF president for an eighth successive terms in May after his sole rival, Jorge Perez, could not muster the necessary backing to contest an election.

Last September, the 67-year-old abandoned his plans to replace Michel Platini as UEFA president to concentrate on his renewal at the RFEF.

These arrests come just two days before Villar was to play a major role in the announcement of the 2017/18 La Liga fixtures.

http://www.football-espana.net/65211/rfef-president-villar-arrested-corruption-charges

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been reading Redcafe for the past few days and they seem pretty buoyant; ready for the new season, just like the last few years. Seems like the only time they get excited these days is during the transfer window when they splash the cash and their new signings are ready to take them to the top only for the season to start and reality to set in :biggrin:

Edited by Drogbaholic
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up

Well, this is awkward!

Happy Sunny Days GIF by Atlassian

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to show these to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum running. Over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off and whitelisting the website? Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interference with your experience on The Shed End.

If you don't want to view any adverts while logged in and using your account, consider using the Ad-Free Subscription which is renewable every year. To buy a subscription, log in to your account and click the link under the Newbies forum on the home page.

Cheers now!

Sure, let me in!