Next Chelsea Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

I’d rather they just stick with Conte and give him the players he wants.

At this rate the World Cup will be on and all signings stall for a month, then you either pay more for players you want if they had a good World Cup, or get more makeweights like Berkeley and Drinkwater... 

Guest Sindre

If we chose Blanc over Sarri to save £7 million I may start a riot.

Little known fact, we paid Ross Barkley’s agent £7 million less than five months ago to get Barkley.
Now everything is at a complete standstill over that same sum?

Hiring Blanc would be typical Chelsea though. Chasing good/great targets for a while before we buckle at the fee and end up settling for option D or E.

Wonder how the summer is going to look in terms of buying players when we are refusing to pay 7 million for the manager we want.

48 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Little known fact, we paid Ross Barkley’s agent £7 million less than five months ago to get Barkley.

Hiring Blanc would be typical Chelsea though. Chasing good/great targets for a while before we buckle at the fee and end up settling for option D or E.

Wonder how the summer is going to look in terms of buying players when we are refusing to pay 7 million for the manager we want.

I'd imagine Sarri's "previous comments" won't do Roman any favours with regard to his visa. Seems it's either Jokanovic or Blanc.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Players are assets for the business that can increase in value and in the vast majority of cases will nearly always hold 50-80% of their value.

Fees paid for managers are nearly always sunk costs and in 99% of cases the only further financial impact is a negative one if you decide to get rid.

1 hour ago, the special one said:

I'd imagine Sarri's "previous comments" won't do Roman any favours with regard to his visa. Seems it's either Jokanovic or Blanc.

What previous comments are you referring to? 

I can't imagine the allegedly sexist or homophobic remarks sarri made would have any effect whatsoever on his visa application. 

Romans visa issues are far bigger than football. 

29 minutes ago, big blue said:

What previous comments are you referring to? 

I can't imagine the allegedly sexist or homophobic remarks sarri made would have any effect whatsoever on his visa application. 

Romans visa issues are far bigger than football. 

I don't know, I wouldn't put it past the British government to use it against him. I think all I'm trying to say is that if the club don't hire Sarri because they don't feel it's in their and Roman's best interest so be it.

Edited by the special one

2 minutes ago, the special one said:

I don't know, I wouldn't put it past the British government to use it against him. I think all I'm trying to say is that if the club don't hire Sarri because they don't feel it's in their and Roman's best interest so be it.

The only thing the British government are using against roman, is his relationship with putin.

The fact we are now being heavily linked with Blanc who also has said some controversial things, surely means Sarri's comments aren't deal breaking. 

I thought you were alluding to something political sarri had said previously.

7 minutes ago, big blue said:

The only thing the British government are using against roman, is his relationship with putin.

The fact we are now being heavily linked with Blanc who also has said some controversial things, surely means Sarri's comments aren't deal breaking. 

I thought you were alluding to something political sarri had said previously.

No just the alleged misogynistic/homophobic comments - the club also needs to consider the recent racism allegations re Rix/Williams. It doesn't look great if we hire a "misogynistic/homophobic" manager in the eyes of the media. Though as you say Blanc has said some controversial things too (though I don't believe his comments were inherently racist).

Edited by the special one

Just now, the special one said:

No just the misogynistic/homophobic comments - the club also needs to consider the recent racism allegations re Rix/Williams. It doesn't look great if we hire a "misogynistic/homophobic" manager in the eyes of the media. Though as you say Blanc has said some controversial things too (though I don't believe his comments were inherently racist).

The media are always out for blood, I'm surprised they didn't make more of conte's match fixing charge when he was hired. I think everyone accepts that rix/Williams were under a different regime. We as a club do a lot for minority groups, and we have had women working in various roles throughout the club which isn't the norm in British football, and I feel diversity and equality have improved greatly under roman greatly.

I don't think hiring sarri or Blanc hurts the work that has been done on that front. 

28 minutes ago, the special one said:

No just the alleged misogynistic/homophobic comments - the club also needs to consider the recent racism allegations re Rix/Williams. It doesn't look great if we hire a "misogynistic/homophobic" manager in the eyes of the media. Though as you say Blanc has said some controversial things too (though I don't believe his comments were inherently racist).

It looks even worse if we hire a racist following the Rix/Williams issue.

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

It looks even worse if we hire a racist following the Rix/Williams issue.

I don't disagree - even if I don't think his comments were inherently racist as I said above, the media will still use it against us. It would perhaps explain why Jokanovic is a candidate.

5 hours ago, Blueblur said:

It's clearly Blanc and something will probably be announced today 

In all honesty it wouldn't surprise me if we don't hear anything until Real Madrid hire a new manager, if Allegri signs for Madrid Conte may return to Juventus (and in doing so we don't pay compensation).

42 minutes ago, the special one said:

I don't disagree - even if I don't think his comments were inherently racist as I said above, the media will still use it against us. It would perhaps explain why Jokanovic is a candidate.

I personally quite like the idea of Jokanovic. It would make a difference from the usual tried and tested managers. 

6 hours ago, Sindre said:

The way it seems I would imagine it is more convoluted than just paying £7M, but we might just be stingy with it and don't want to pay it for whatever reason. 

Guest Sindre

RMC now reporting we are negotiating with Laurent Blanc.

They are usually very reliable unfortunatly. They also write we want to hire him because he's the cheapest option compared to Sarri, Enrique or Jokanovic.

So there you go. I'm sure it will be a great summer.

Edited by Sindre

17 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Blanc, really? Where did our ambition go?

What you mean if we engaged  a manager who has won the French league with two different clubs, managed the French national team & has a bettter win rate than Antonio?

19 hours ago, zes said:

ANYONE BUT BLANC. Please don't do this! I would take Jokanovic if Sarri is gone now. I would rather keep Conte than appoint Blanc. Just a panic response from me but going from Sarri to Blanc is just soul drenching. Oh well, fans have no say.

And nor should they.

If we end up with Blanc my season ticket is going back. We shouldn't need to appease the cack media just because Sarri is a controversial figure. Does every team have to have a Pochettino where the sun shines out of their bum?

They all write a load of negative rubbish as it is. Changes nothing imo.

Edited by Luca Vialli