Next Chelsea Manager

xXRuufioXx
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

11 hours ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

Well what on his resume particularly impresses you?

Just caught a glimpse on it - 2nd place with Bordeaux, then in his second year champion and cup winner, and came out on the top in Champions league group with Juventus and Bayern. All of this with Bordeaux. Then it was France job is ungrateful and risky as every other national football team job. Conte also didn't win a s**t but they praised him. And yes, France also didn't have a good generation at that particular moment. Then PSG job where he didn't screw up. They still can't win the Champions league.

He is not that bad. 

14 hours ago, startedwithglenn said:

Well that's a decision that's got nothing to do with you or "we" but there is zero logical reasoning to say anything negative abut how Napoli have handled this situation.

You know where you stand with them, they will sell players they are happy to sell and if you want a player they want to keep you better a) hope he has a release clause and b) pay it, Higuain for example.

They don't mess around or dress things up, which for the people on the business side of clubs probably makes them much easier to deal with than most clubs. You ask a question and you get told the answer and it doesn't change. Much better than most clubs who will say "not for sale" but what they mean is "not for sale at your current offer".

Except they have replaced Sarri as manager and still won't allow him to leave, potentially dragging this through a court case which could run for weeks. How is that good for Chelsea?

The opposite is true for a business. They would rather deal with a club that are flexible to negotiations then a club who are not,  especially when the initial valuation of the players are massively over inflated. If dealing with a club sets Chelsea's plans back weeks then it's not worth dealing with said club despite the idea that they are straight shooting. Your straight shooting know what you get thesis about clubs preferring doing business with those types of clubs is really off mark.

Imagine a business that buys tyres from two suppliers. They offer £50 per tyre to both. The first supplier says "not for sale" and you ask how much would they cost to be for sale, they come back with £150 and you start haggling for sale price and meet in the middle at £100. The second supplier says £150, you say too much and they turn around and say non negotiable. There is no way affiliated business takes the unfavourable deal that costs 50% more because the supplier was honest about their prices. I don't know why you want/think it's good for Chelsea to be in business with a club that will never offer them a favourable deal. 

54 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

If we do end up with Blanc I’ll get behind him even if I’m not convinced by him as a manager. The one thing that’s for sure is we can’t go into next season with Conte in charge.

He'll be okay, better bet than this old fart from Italy a lot of people are transfixed by, the same old fart that's won jack sh*t in his career, at least blanc has won stuff and used to dealing with top end players, mind you our top end players may all be gone in coming weeks!

Laurentis claiming he will be reasonable if someone comes in for Sarri, maybe our posturing has worked, or he is trying to get other teams interested, who knows.

Here's hoping Marina comes back from holiday fresh and in a spirited mood so we can actually get something done. 

9 hours ago, brakeit said:

If you look at the data you will see our best period, and let`s say when we have the strongest team is where we allow a manager to build it - Jose Mourinho in his first period with us.

It`s wrong someone else to bring the players. You have a manager, who need the player he believe will work on his formation, on his style and so on.

And then you see what happen when board/owner decide to mess in the work. This year is a shown example of that, also Sheva and Torres transfers.

Look at https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-chelsea/alletransfers/verein/631

See the period before off-season 2011 (before Emenalo became technical director).

Then the period off-season 2011 till off-season 2013 (the time Emenalo was technical director till the period Mourinho joined and Emenalo offered/asked to resign).

Then the period from off-season 2013 till now (off-season 2018).

Like actually look at it. I'm serious. Go through line by line and look at every single transfer (in and out) and how it worked out for the club long term. Taking into account transfer fee paid/wages paid/performances/transfer fee received/etc with an eye to value for money.

Then come back if you still believe what you posted above. If your mind hasn't changed, you either didn't really look or you really do look at....reality differently to me.

And if you actually do have a perspective different to mine having done your homework properly then great. But at the moment your post betrays that you haven't really looked into this properly.

Edited by Guest

41 minutes ago, Total-Football said:

Wouldn't mind Jokanovic next season.

Totally agree, has got two promotions under his belt and ex Chelsea and Fulham play some good football, why not give someone like him a chance

The Napoli lawyer said in interview to Raio Marte Sport Live “Blah blah blah.  Sarri is still the Napoli manager, the relationship with Ancelotti will commence on the start of the 2018/19 season.  Anyone interested in Sarri has to talk to Napoli, he is under contract until 30th June, otherwise, the club can pay two salaries.

Very confusing words if you ask me.  But if he can be released at the end of June what’s the problem for Chelsea?  Just consult with him on informal basis then appoint him officially on the 1 July.

24 minutes ago, Killbill said:

The Napoli lawyer said in interview to Raio Marte Sport Live “Blah blah blah.  Sarri is still the Napoli manager, the relationship with Ancelotti will commence on the start of the 2018/19 season.  Anyone interested in Sarri has to talk to Napoli, he is under contract until 30th June, otherwise, the club can pay two salaries.

Very confusing words if you ask me.  But if he can be released at the end of June what’s the problem for Chelsea?  Just consult with him on informal basis then appoint him officially on the 1 July.

But what if Real Madrid just pays a bit and sign him next week? I wouldn't count on anything now after all the drama.

49 minutes ago, Killbill said:

As far as I'm aware he's under contract until 30th June 2019

Edited by the special one

7 hours ago, PedroMendez said:

Laurentis claiming he will be reasonable if someone comes in for Sarri, maybe our posturing has worked, or he is trying to get other teams interested, who knows.

Here's hoping Marina comes back from holiday fresh and in a spirited mood so we can actually get something done. 

Reasonable is a relative term to him. 

"The release clause was 8m, so that's how much he'll cost now that it's gone. See? I'm being reasonable."

8 hours ago, chi blue said:

Totally agree, has got two promotions under his belt and ex Chelsea and Fulham play some good football, why not give someone like him a chance

It would certainly be an interesting appointment and a big change from managers we normally go for. He's done a great job at Fulham, they were fighting relegation in the Championship when he took them over and in a few years he's gotten them promoted playing great attacking football.

He also appears to have a good record with youth and has done a brilliant job with Sessegnon, he started as a LB then Jokanovic moved him to the wing and he absolutely flourished becoming one of the best attackers in the League

I'd be open to him being our manager if we can't get Sarri

3 minutes ago, Total-Football said:

Why not?

The general opinion seems to be that he was rubbish at Roma and only won things at Barcelona because of Messi/Suarez/Neymar.

9 hours ago, Qaz said:

Look at https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-chelsea/alletransfers/verein/631

See the period before off-season 2011 (before Emenalo became technical director).

Then the period off-season 2011 till off-season 2013 (the time Emenalo was technical director till the period Mourinho joined and Emenalo offered/asked to resign).

Then the period from off-season 2013 till now (off-season 2018).

Like actually look at it. I'm serious. Go through line by line and look at every single transfer (in and out) and how it worked out for the club long term. Taking into account transfer fee paid/wages paid/performances/transfer fee received/etc with an eye to value for money.

Then come back if you still believe what you posted above. If your mind hasn't changed, you either didn't really look or you really do look at....reality differently to me.

And if you actually do have a perspective different to mine having done your homework properly then great. But at the moment your post betrays that you haven't really looked into this properly.

I can`t answer in every 2 minutes. And i stand by my words, whatever i`m wrong or right. Everyone have opinion at the end.

And i never said the board should not have some restriction about the transfers and so on. But i write this thing for many, many times, no sense to type the same s*** over again.

It's not been managed well at all.

The oddest thing is Conte is still here while it seems we are publicly flailing around trying to find a replacement. Almost as backup if no-one else wants to come. 

The key problem is the signal it sends to the market. Regardless of what is actually going on, the narrative is Chelsea are setting themsleves on fire and have no idea. Would take a brave player to sign for us currently. Given we need about 4 good ones it's not helpful at all.