Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

35 minutes ago, Slojo said:

United actually make our transfer activity look good, that Fred is f**king god awful, almost all of their signings post Ferguson have been flops. 

I was just looking at their signings since Ferguson left, I can't see one on this list I would class as a great signing.

Fellaini, Mata, Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Di Maria, Blind, Falcao, Valdes, Depay, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Romero, Martial, Bailly, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Lindelof, Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez, Dalot, Fred, Grant.

And the new ones this season, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire and James.

Then you have their own academy players like Lingard, Periera, McTominay and Rashford, and they have either stagnated or were never anything special to begin with. If you were to compare them to our young players, I would say that ours are already better than all of theirs, and most of our youngsters haven't even played at the top level.

Out of all of these players, only a few of them have been good. Fellaini, Herrera and Romero have been good squad players and Ibrahimovic was good for them for one season, but every other signing has either not been good enough, or massively underperformed. Even their new signings look average.

Mata, Di Maria, Depay, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Lindelof, Lukaku, Sanchez, Matic and Fred have been huge let downs for them. Even Martial seems to be drifting at United, and everybody thought he was destined to be one of the best of his generation.

For all of these players to be such failures, it makes me think there is something wrong with the club, because I have never seen anything like this. Most of these players were really good for their previous clubs and only turned to sh*t once they joined United. They also gave up on Depay and Di Maria way too soon.

Edited by Scott Harris

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I was just looking at their signings since Ferguson left, I can't see one on this list I would class as a great signing.

Fellaini, Mata, Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Di Maria, Blind, Falcao, Valdes, Depay, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Romero, Martial, Bailly, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Lindelof, Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez, Dalot, Fred, Grant.

Then you have their own academy players like Lingard, Periera, McTominay and Rashford, and they have either stagnated or were never anything special to begin with. If you were to compare them to our young players, I would say that ours are already better than all of theirs, and most of our youngsters haven't even played at the top level.

Out of all of these players, only a few of them have been good. Fellaini, Herrera and Romero have been good squad players and Ibrahimovic was good for them for one season, but every other signing has either not been good enough, or massively underperformed. Even their new signings look average.

Mata, Di Maria, Depay, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Lindelof, Lukaku, Sanchez, Matic and Fred have been huge let downs for them. Even Martial seems to be drifting at United, and everybody thought he was destined to be one of the best of his generation.

For all of these players to be such failures, it makes me think there is something wrong with the club, because I have never seen anything like this. Most of these players were really good for their previous clubs and only turned to sh*t once they joined United. They also gave up on Depay and Di Maria way too soon.

Di Maria and Depay are good players, i think the thing is they didnt sign players who matched  the manager's style.

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

My understanding was that LVG and Di Maria didn't really click, plus Di Maria never really settled in Manchester - partially due to an attempted burglary. 

James and Greenwood are pretty talented, but I feel that both have been given too much responsibility. Rather than learning the ropes and being eased in, they're being thrust into a failing side, which can't be great for their self-confidence or development.

Agree with the rest of the post in its totality.

24 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

For all of these players to be such failures, it makes me think there is something wrong with the club. Most of these players were really good for their previous clubs and only turned to sh*t once they joined United. They also gave up on Depay and Di Maria way too soon.

That's absolutely insane... I would say out of all them Ibrahimovic was the only one who exceeded expectations and even then he was on ridiculous wages. 

Maguire looks solid but he's not worth that price tag at all, I've heard good things about Wan-Bissaka but not so much at United. Daniel James looks a real good player, poor today but from what I've seen of him he's got talent. 

They've really been dealt a sh*t hand since Ferguson left, we all expected it but I didn't for one second think it would be this bad with that much money spend. One thing you have to say about City, they spend a lot but at least they don't spend it on utter crap all the time, they usually get value for their money, and unfortunately the same can be said for Liverpool under Klopp. 

That Woodward fella seems out of his depth to me, he keeps changing the transition of the club, first it was Moyes to succeed Ferguson's squad and implement a similar strategy, didn't work. Then it was a transition with LVG, and at some periods it looked quite promising when they let LVG play with youngsters, they eventually got sick of him because they weren't happy with the form, so LVG changed up and tried to go for results and they were awful. Mourinho comes and United change transition again, they now become a team that will go for short term success. First season is a feeling out season for Mourinho, wins 2 trophies, not too bad, 2nd season it looked like United got it, then it all went wrong after a few months and they were drawing like half of their games from December.

The 3rd season was a total disaster, typical Mourinho style, but this is where it gets interesting, because Woodward openly and publicly said that he refused to let Mourinho bring in anymore players because he wasn't satisfied with the targets that Mourinho wanted. Then claiming United already have better targets than the targets that Mourinho had on his radar and we know Willian was one of them. But if you don't rate your manager to know who to bring in, and who's better than who, why is he your manager? The way the club is ran is just odd, it hasn't worked. 

The only reason Ole was having some success was because they were winning on the positivity of protesting Mourinho, we as Chelsea fans know what that's like better than anyone, the players stop playing for the manager, a new one comes and they start playing their hearts out for a few months, AVB and Di Matteo a massive example. Ole got relegated with Cardiff, he has next to no experience as a gaffer really, he's way out of his depth at this job, I can't believe they were even convinced into giving him a contract so early, a totally ridiculous move. I remember how hesitant Roman was to give Di Matteo a contract and he won the F.A. Cup and the f**king Champions League, and he still didn't get a contract offer until the very end of the season, months after actually. 

I actually believe people like Ferdinand and Gary Neville have played a role in this, they're fickle and back their teammates, they have no idea, so they put media pressure on their own clubs without realising it. Most people knew that the Ole contract was a stupid move. And no United pundit is going to say Ole should be sacked, they all used to play with him. 

Edited by Slojo

5 minutes ago, DaRick said:

My understanding was that LVG and Di Maria didn't really click, plus Di Maria never really settled in Manchester - partially due to an attempted burglary. 

James and Greenwood are pretty talented, but I feel that both have been given too much responsibility. Rather than learning the ropes and being eased in, they're being thrust into a failing side, which can't be great for their self-confidence or development.

Agree with the rest of the post in its totality.

Whereas the likes of Mount, James, Abraham, Christensen, Zouma and Tomori have a lot of experience, even RLC managed to go on loan before getting some serious game time here. 

19 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Mata was a great player but misused pretty much all his time there
Shaw was getting good but then he got injured and stagnated since
Di Maria was genuine quality but hated living in England, got burgled too if I recall correctly
Depay was raw and they didn't breathe confidence into him, United was too soon for him
Martial was moved to the wing, he also had family issues, seems mentally fragile but would've kicked on if everything was rosy, I think he can still become a top player
Ibra was decent but old and then got a horrible injury
Pogba is too much of a queen, still misused a bit, he can have more effect on a game with a free role or at least being relieved of defending and staying deep
Lukaku put on way too much muscle for a striker to have, it killed his agility, he's doing well at Inter because they are controlling his weight I read
Sanchez, it seems like he could have lost motivation after signing his last big contract, but it could be another environmental issue we don't know about since he's doing better now at Inter

These are players who could have done well at United but bad decisions and bad luck got in the way. The rest were declining or just average and overrated 

Ole really needed a win today to relive abit of pressure. Unfortunately it has heaped it on more. It’s getting worse and worse for him and United. 

I would think that United would want Poch but would be hesitant to pay the fee for him. Allegri would be great I think but I’m not sure if they would go for a “defensive manager” after Jose. Outside of that, I’m not sure who else there is. 

I know a lot of posters here don't follow cricket, but Man U post-SAF remind me awfully of the Australian Cricket Team post-Warne/McGrath. 

Both were consistently very good-to-excellent sides for a very long time - over 20 years in Man U's case and almost that long in the case of my country's cricket team. 

Both won series/championships/titles so often for so long that you kind of assumed that they would do it forever after a while.

Unfortunately, Cricket Australia did as well, and from the early 2000's (when the AUS side were usually demolishing opposition sides) they moved away from nurturing elite talent into growing their 'brand' (by increasing participation) while cutting costs.

Similarly, Man U used to be excellent at nurturing talent (Class of '92, Ronaldo/Rooney/Fletcher), but towards the end of SAF's reign they moved away from nurturing talent into growing their 'brand' (by securing lucrative marketing deals) while minimising costs as much as possible (hence SAF going for relatively cheap wildcard signings like Bebe/Hernandez). They obviously assumed that SAF's mastery of the league (and its refs LOL) and managerial acumen would fill in the gaps caused by their under-investment and thus secure them championships/Top 4 spots forever more.

However, that was obviously not to be, and like the Australian Cricket Team, Man U has endured inconsistent results since SAF's departure. Like the Australian Cricket Team, they've had their days, but they've never conclusively shown themselves to be the best side in ENG for any lengthy period of time. Both also have endured humiliating lows (2010/11 Ashes, OGS full-time tenure, 5-3 loss vs Leicester City). It also doesn't look like that will end anytime soon for either, because the management cares more about maximising profits and marketing than actual performance. 

Edited by DaRick

4 minutes ago, charierre said:
Hooligan in uniform.  

Conveniently edited to start seconds before the punch cut out all the abuse and sh*te they were almost certainly giving the bloke up until then. If I was to grab at a police officer with loads of other drunken idiots behind me I’d expect him to protect himself.