Chelsea v Liverpool (FA) Tues 3rd Mar 19:45 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Since stinky poo will put out a reserve squad, should RLC get the start or see some minutes on the pitch in this match? Me personally I hope Super Frank chooses the later. The appearance of RLC would simply uplift the Chelsea fans in attendance.

2 hours ago, robdog said:

Since stinky poo will put out a reserve squad, should RLC get the start or see some minutes on the pitch in this match? Me personally I hope Super Frank chooses the later. The appearance of RLC would simply uplift the Chelsea fans in attendance.

Why do some assume Liverpool will play the a reserve/kids side? League is in their pocket and they can no longer chase the unbeaten league season. 

Lose a few league games? Big deal. Win a few FA cup games and do the double. Only game they should care more about is Atletico.

As much as we miss Hazard watching Real v Barca today makes me realise how much we also miss Courtois. Not sure it matters what team we play its just going to be a question of which Liverpool team turns up. The alternatives in the front three are are fairly ordinary in all honesty. Still football always carries the possibility of surprise 

57 minutes ago, ozboy said:

As much as we miss Hazard watching Real v Barca today makes me realise how much we also miss Courtois. Not sure it matters what team we play its just going to be a question of which Liverpool team turns up. The alternatives in the front three are are fairly ordinary in all honesty. Still football always carries the possibility of surprise 

They are, unless we consider giving a shot to Broja and Anjorin.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Why do some assume Liverpool will play the a reserve/kids side? League is in their pocket and they can no longer chase the unbeaten league season. 

Lose a few league games? Big deal. Win a few FA cup games and do the double. Only game they should care more about is Atletico.

Yeah they can go full strength against us then rotate in the weekend before Atletico. giving players that need rest over a week to do so. Regardless I think RLC should be on standby if Barkley starts to serve up sh*t again.

23 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Yeah they can go full strength against us then rotate in the weekend before Atletico. giving players that need rest over a week to do so. Regardless I think RLC should be on standby if Barkley starts to serve up sh*t again.

I do wonder if we should rotate. Give chances to guys to prove themselves or get minutes. Kepa or Cummings, Zouma, Tomori, Emerson, Gilmour, Anjorin, Broja

14 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I do wonder if we should rotate. Give chances to guys to prove themselves or get minutes. Kepa or Cummings, Zouma, Tomori, Emerson, Gilmour, Anjorin, Broja

@axman2526 Since you're so obsessed with those two, this news will probably please you.

29 minutes ago, abramovich said:

@axman2526 Since you're so obsessed with those two, this news will probably please you.

Judgemental much? They have been having good seasons, our attack is blunt, I would be interested to see if they could help our first team out. No guarantees they can, but we will not know unless given a chance.

2 minutes ago, forbzy said:

RLC apparently playing for the development squad tonight so I doubt he will feature tomorrow. Anjorin and Broja are both options that I would like to see tomorrow.

Me as well, but given what Frank has said about playing a strong team I do not believe he will take a chance of them here. Likely that is why RLC will play development game, too high a risk.

For once this season, Midfield becomes the main area of uncertainty.  With Kante out injured, and Jorginho out for 10 yellows, it leaves us with Kova as our only true starter in the middle.  I don't think RLC will start this game, and if he does I'm not sure he would start in the midfield 3 anyway, unless we go absolutely crazy-ape-sh*t-bonkers and revisit a diamond with Rubes at the top of the diamond!

I stated in another thread, but I can't see Gilmour starting this one either, he's too little and I think he'd be overrun in a game like this.  I also don't see James start in there as I think Frank will pursue with a back 3 and then James and Alonso as wing backs.

Really struggling to put a team together for this one, and don't see why we couldn't give some reserves a shot (But I fully expect it to be Giroud up front or the first 70 minutes)

Christensen is likely out through injury. I 'm not sure whether Jorginho is suspended for this one. NBC Sports suggested he was but I have seen some comments that he misses the next 2 league games instead. Even just allowing for Christensen that would free up one more space on the bench for Anjorin. My guess is Broja also gets a spot on the bench but I suspect we will start with a similar team to what we saw at Bournemouth.

2 minutes ago, mad_mac said:

For once this season, Midfield becomes the main area of uncertainty.  With Kante out injured, and Jorginho out for 10 yellows, it leaves us with Kova as our only true starter in the middle.  I don't think RLC will start this game, and if he does I'm not sure he would start in the midfield 3 anyway, unless we go absolutely crazy-ape-sh*t-bonkers and revisit a diamond with Rubes at the top of the diamond!

I stated in another thread, but I can't see Gilmour starting this one either, he's too little and I think he'd be overrun in a game like this.  I also don't see James start in there as I think Frank will pursue with a back 3 and then James and Alonso as wing backs.

Really struggling to put a team together for this one, and don't see why we couldn't give some reserves a shot (But I fully expect it to be Giroud up front or the first 70 minutes)

Maybe Reece in midfield with a return to a back 4. 

5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Judgemental much? They have been having good seasons, our attack is blunt, I would be interested to see if they could help our first team out. No guarantees they can, but we will not know unless given a chance.

Relax, I wasn't trying to make fun of you, it's just you mention those two regularly so I thought you'd be interested.

I've nothing against giving either a chance at some playing time. If there was a season for experimenting, this is it, especially given our injuries.

6 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Christensen is likely out through injury. I 'm not sure whether Jorginho is suspended for this one. NBC Sports suggested he was but I have seen some comments that he misses the next 2 league games instead. Even just allowing for Christensen that would free up one more space on the bench for Anjorin. My guess is Broja also gets a spot on the bench but I suspect we will start with a similar team to what we saw at Bournemouth.

I think Jorginho is eligible to play - apparently they changed the rules last summer so yellow cards only count in the competition in which they are received.

4 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Relax, I wasn't trying to make fun of you, it's just you mention those two regularly so I thought you'd be interested.

I've nothing against giving either a chance at some playing time. If there was a season for experimenting, this is it, especially given our injuries.

Sorry I took the wording "obsessed" as a jab. Has been used at others regarding Jorginho and Kovacic.

I do mention them often that is true. I would likely not be if our forwards were firing. As they are not something different may help.

5 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Hmm surprising. Bench most likely? Or is Frank ready to show our attacking midfielders they have not been good enough?

No mention of Broja. I guess he is in the development squad then?

1 minute ago, the special one said:

I think Jorginho is eligible to play - apparently they changed the rules last summer so yellow cards only count in the competition in which they are received.

They did. However he is out of our next 3 games after and, for me, it presents an ideal time for Gilmour to get his chance. Maybe in a 3 with Kova sitting and Mount.

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

They did. However he is out of our next 3 games after and, for me, it presents an ideal time for Gilmour to get his chance. Maybe in a 3 with Kova sitting and Mount.

Certainly will be a great opportunity for Gilmour to show what he can do.