Chelsea v Brighton (PL) Tue 20th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I would imagine both the Porto game and flight plus having to work so hard against City will have taken it out of those involved in both.

Have to consider the Real Madrid game and risk some major rotation for this match. If it causes us to drop points then that is what happens, but I still think we have a decent chance.

Mendy

Zouma

Christensen

Alonso

CHO

Gilmour

Kovacic

Emerson

Zyiech

Giroud

Pulisic

Hopefully Kova and Christensen are passed fit to play. I do not imagine Brighton leaving us much space in behind so having a target man and two wide forwards who like the ball in to feet seems a good plan. Good pace at wingback with players who can chip in assists and the odd goal.

Been a long time but Alonso did play LCB in a 3 in his days in italy.

This is the game for the pros. Almost impossible for team not to have a let down following the cup and the champions league games but this is a need to win. Liverpool are hot on our heels. 
we need kova back so Kante can be rotated but this game will probably be too soon. Lalana is a big player at brighton now and creates for Maupay. 

will cho get a run? Maybe not if James is fit. In the city game azpilcueta was starting to look tired to me. Maybe Zouma could come in for him. I expect Pulisic and havertz to start but I have to say I was happy with how Werner and ziyech did and I’d not complain if they both started again. 

3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Yeah and Tammy will start up top in the not gonna happen XI :good2:

Agree re Tammy, but if Kovacic is still out, and Kante is deemed in need of  a rest to keep him fit enough for the business end of the season, then Gilmour and Jorginho are what is left for the two midfield slots, unless TT goes for something out of left field ...

We need the squad for this game. Azpi and mount are due a rest and Kante needs to be protected if we want to get past real. 

Mendy

Zouma. Christensen. Rudiger

CHO       Gilmour. Jorginho.      Alonso

Ziyech

havertz.     Pulisic

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Agree re Tammy, but if Kovacic is still out, and Kante is deemed in need of  a rest to keep him fit enough for the business end of the season, then Gilmour and Jorginho are what is left for the two midfield slots, unless TT goes for something out of left field ...

He’ll go left back and we’ll see Emerson playing there...

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

So given the club sold us out for the super league is there any more motivation left for the team? Dont need top 4 now.

I am pretty sure Super League is proposed to start in 2022? If so there would be one more season of Champions League assuming we are even allowed in. At the moment like many on here I am disgusted with the club. Unless we have a change of heart and decide to back out of these plans I think I will stop watching our games.

54 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I am pretty sure Super League is proposed to start in 2022? If so there would be one more season of Champions League assuming we are even allowed in. At the moment like many on here I am disgusted with the club. Unless we have a change of heart and decide to back out of these plans I think I will stop watching our games.

Even if it does start in 2022 I doubt UEFA allow us in to the CL next season, they would need to make a stand and I would expect that would be it as it is all they can do along with booting us, City and Real put of this years comp too.

14 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I wish you were right but it already has happened. We've officially left the European Club Association with the other 11 teams. This was more than just an idle threat. 

From what I have read that means we, and the other 11, cannot participate I UEFA competitions. So does that mean top 4 is indeed meaningless now? Does it mean 3 of the 4 CL semifinalists and 2 Europa league sides cannot continue?

21 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

From what I have read that means we, and the other 11, cannot participate I UEFA competitions. So does that mean top 4 is indeed meaningless now? Does it mean 3 of the 4 CL semifinalists and 2 Europa league sides cannot continue?

Nothing has been confirmed yet but UEFA are holding firm and have the backing of all the leagues plus several governments. Tope 4 does at least look pointless. By leaving the European Club Association we have forfeited any right to play in UEFA competition going forward.

19 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Nothing has been confirmed yet but UEFA are holding firm and have the backing of all the leagues plus several governments. Tope 4 does at least look pointless. By leaving the European Club Association we have forfeited any right to play in UEFA competition going forward.

So what is the point of this game for us now?

4 hours ago, axman2526 said:

So what is the point of this game for us now?

Sportsmanship? 😉

But anyway, I'd argue that elite players are of the kind to even demolish every 12yo with a ball they come along let alone league games. They chase numbers, ego boosts and the (insta)likes - expect a fantastic 6:1 win because no pressure and all that 😉

But yea, bleak sounds still about right. Never had that situation but kinda like when you finally split with your partner after decades of living together but still share the bed for the time being. Awkward

Edited by weetee

30 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Liverpool players and Klopp had a chance to take a stand, they turned it down. Cowards.

Hopefully our players do something tomorrow. I doubt it though.

Yeah, would be great to see our players make a stand. But I doubt it too. Much as some would probably like to, the club hierarchy have probably made it clear that they have to tow the party line and woe betide any player who doesn't.