Jump to content

Chelsea V Leicester FA Cup Final 15/5/21


Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, coco said:

Were not talking about pundits, but lead presenters, you expect it from pundits, but not the host of the show, Des Lynham Brighton fan, never went over the top with it, no pre-match 3 minute video segment about how Des followed the club as an 8yo through thick and thin, bla bla....

We had to put up with Ian wright celebrating, coaching the arsenal players from the gantry etc last year as well...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Too soon to judge TT until after the season is over and he clearly did not start with our best team.

Werner messed up a chance or two, sometimes he creates an assist yet not yesterday. He worked hard without any significant impact.

Mount is probably our best player, our only midfielder capable of scoring from the edge of the box, yesterday he shot wide and forced the save of the match. He is also a good passer as well as good at closing down the opposition.

Havertz has become better under TT though clearly still has room for improvement. I'm not sure he is competing with Mason Mount that depends on the formation. Mount runs from deep to create a chance and Havertz runs to finish a move in the box. 

Re Mount finding Werner think that is difficult when they are both closing down the opposition at pace think the passes to Werner should come from Jorginho or Kante or backs.

If Havertz fulfills his potential he might be the player to share the burden yet disappointed he does not have a killer shot, his strength seems to be timed runs into the penalty area for the clip over or past the keeper. He is a better header of the ball than Abraham.

Then there are the other attacking players like Pulisic and Ziyech,

That is why I don't sometimes understand this 343 formation, there is no creative player on the field, so if everyone on the pitch are a bunch of empty heads, who will give the right passes for the team to score?

When we played 433 formation under Mourinho's in his second time in Chelsea, I think we played Matic, Ramires and Fabregas in the midfield, then I think we had Costa, Hazard and Willian upfront. You could understand the role of everybody on the pitch.

I think Fabregas' role was to give passes to the attackers upfront, I don't think he has to be thinking too much about scoring goals himself but the attackers upfront can score the goals and he himself can score at times, thesame way Matic, Ramires or the defenders can score at times if they have the chance.

So if you are talking about Mount, which of these roles is he performing on the pitch? If he wants us to consider him as our attacking midfielder, then he must be able to give passes to the attackers, then combine that with his ability to score goals, he will be a good midfielder, that is my problem with him.

If he can only play shots, but he cannot give passes to the attackers, then for me I don't think he is a complete midfielder, that weakness in his game, for me, can make him an incomplete player, and can make me bench him and bring him in in the second half, or even chip him to a lesser club, afterall we also chip Barkley to another club.

Then we will get a complete midfielder who can play that role. And that is why I said Havertz should play that role. In Barcelona, I think those days, Xavi does not score many goals like that but his job was to give passes to the attackers upfront so that they can do their job. 

Thesame with Havertz, if he can give good passes to the attackers upfront, that is okay for me, the attackers will do the job.

Concerning Werner, just leave that guy. There is nothing he is doing, any guy on the street can get on the pitch and be running, I'm talking of him doing something with the ball. If he is not doing anything with the ball, then let's be playing Havertz upfront, let Pulisic and Ziyech be playing of him, to give him the passes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smkhairat said:

Anyone seen Tielemens interview after the game saying he received a text message in the morning telling him "to aim for the top corner" 🤔

They don't need to be in the top corner to beat Kepa. As long as the shot is of a certain height, they know it has a good chance of going over him and into the net.

Mendy to play final three games PLEASE. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

Upon reflection, Just think Leicester lifting the FA Cup was meant to be. Like Sunderland v Leeds, Wimbledon v Liverpool, Wigan v Man City and so on. Keeps the neutrals happy and to be honest yesterdays defeat didn't taste anything like as bad as previous defeats against the Gooners.

Let Leicester have their day and now beat them this week, beat Villa and qualify for CL. Then win the CL final on 29th May and it's job done and great season. And, I'm sure there must be something in the Uefa rules of CL, that if a team qualifies twice (as we will have done) it gives them two lives, so next seaon, if we failed in the group stages we don't exit the CL but we stay in as we use our second life. Yeah, sure that's the case!!

Edited by Nibs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

i promise i never edited the picture and expertly moved him back about a foot but you can see he chilly is definitely behind the lines VAR doodle onto the frame1245602477_thatsbetter.thumb.jpg.0456e769068617cd73e18596db3df010.jpg

I've watched it back  more times than I should today and the more I watch the more I think what a crock of crap VAR has become.  Look at that still and you can see the lino is perfectly positioned to make a judgement call. He doesn't raise his flag and more tellingly for me, I didn't see one Leicester City player appealing for an offside call on the live tv coverage.

I had high hopes for var when it was first introduced but the way it's being operated in this country  is just destroying the game. Some unseen  and often un named official sitting in a portakabin in West London is sitting there doodling coloured lines and deciding the outcome of games ffs.

Don't get me wrong,  Leicester City deserved to win it more than we did but wrong calls are wrong calls and need to be pointed out so thanks for that  shot Malta Blue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WeatherMan said:

I've watched it back  more times than I should today and the more I watch the more I think what a crock of crap VAR has become.  Look at that still and you can see the lino is perfectly positioned to make a judgement call. He doesn't raise his flag and more tellingly for me, I didn't see one Leicester City player appealing for an offside call on the live tv coverage.

I had high hopes for var when it was first introduced but the way it's being operated in this country  is just destroying the game. Some unseen  and often un named official sitting in a portakabin in West London is sitting there doodling coloured lines and deciding the outcome of games ffs.

Don't get me wrong,  Leicester City deserved to win it more than we did but wrong calls are wrong calls and need to be pointed out so thanks for that  shot Malta Blue.

VAR has become a convenient tool to affect match results to fit whatever agenda. WestBrom just scored against bin-dippers and it was ruled out by VAR and I have no idea why. Looks like they just made up some sh*t excuse that they pulled out of their arse. Disgraceful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Will be 9 from 12 come two weeks imo.

Wow have we really lost 8 finals, I'm gob smacked. That's a very poor record. Sorry to ask do u have the stats for that, I'm interested to read more.cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, smkhairat said:

Would u fkn believe it, Alison has scored from last kick of the game. I don't bloody believe it

And again, bindippers got their corner kick after stoppage time. The ref kept playing until they scored. In reverse, WestBrom attacked after re-start and the ball went out for corner against liverpool, but the ref blew his whistle and stopped the game. So, it was OK to play for liverpool, not OK for westbrom. This really pisses me off, and refs in their desperate effort to help liverpool are happy to cheat openly infront of everyone to see.  f**king c**ts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TheGermanOne said:

I think it was the error of Jorginho who waved to Silva and asked him to close down Tielemans instead of attacking the Leicester player on his own.

Says a lot about jorginho. gestering on the pitch  to another  player when he was too slow to cover.What does Jorginho do exactly in the grand scheme of things?.

Ah well,would'nt surprise me if we win the cl and finish in the top four,it would'nt surprise me if we won nowt either.

TT, for me,the jury is still out.Ending the season with nothing and he will be gone as is the Chelsea way(which I agree with).Top 4 is the minimum pre requisite for a club if our stature 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The rate we have been picking up losers medals we may as well change our club name to Chelsea Hotspur and our nickname to "the bottlers who are still better than Spurs at least"

Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 hours ago, Nibs said:

Upon reflection, Just think Leicester lifting the FA Cup was meant to be. Like Sunderland v Leeds, Wimbledon v Liverpool, Wigan v Man City and so on. Keeps the neutrals happy and to be honest yesterdays defeat didn't taste anything like as bad as previous defeats against the Gooners.

Let Leicester have their day and now beat them this week, beat Villa and qualify for CL. Then win the CL final on 29th May and it's job done and great season. And, I'm sure there must be something in the Uefa rules of CL, that if a team qualifies twice (as we will have done) it gives them two lives, so next seaon, if we failed in the group stages we don't exit the CL but we stay in as we use our second life. Yeah, sure that's the case!!

 Well said, I think I said earlier I don't begrudge Leicester it at all...... the similarity to 1997 is remarkable really with us and Matthew Harding..... However if VAR was around they would have disallowed Robbies goal for "kicking it before anyone was ready"  - I was trying to drink my pint out of a wobble plastic cup. 

 

You are spot on, we got to remember were we are, top 4 is the priority. If we win the CL final - unbelievable.   If we don't win the CL final then we got to, however hard it is just accept it and be grateful that we made two finals.  Even Leicester would take the position we are in now over the FA cup I am sure..... Got to beat them tomorrow and Villa it has been a good season for me. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, hephzibah said:

That is why I don't sometimes understand this 343 formation, there is no creative player on the field, so if everyone on the pitch are a bunch of empty heads, who will give the right passes for the team to score?

When we played 433 formation under Mourinho's in his second time in Chelsea, I think we played Matic, Ramires and Fabregas in the midfield, then I think we had Costa, Hazard and Willian upfront. You could understand the role of everybody on the pitch.

I think Fabregas' role was to give passes to the attackers upfront, I don't think he has to be thinking too much about scoring goals himself but the attackers upfront can score the goals and he himself can score at times, thesame way Matic, Ramires or the defenders can score at times if they have the chance.

So if you are talking about Mount, which of these roles is he performing on the pitch? If he wants us to consider him as our attacking midfielder, then he must be able to give passes to the attackers, then combine that with his ability to score goals, he will be a good midfielder, that is my problem with him.

If he can only play shots, but he cannot give passes to the attackers, then for me I don't think he is a complete midfielder, that weakness in his game, for me, can make him an incomplete player, and can make me bench him and bring him in in the second half, or even chip him to a lesser club, afterall we also chip Barkley to another club.

Then we will get a complete midfielder who can play that role. And that is why I said Havertz should play that role. In Barcelona, I think those days, Xavi does not score many goals like that but his job was to give passes to the attackers upfront so that they can do their job. 

Thesame with Havertz, if he can give good passes to the attackers upfront, that is okay for me, the attackers will do the job.

Concerning Werner, just leave that guy. There is nothing he is doing, any guy on the street can get on the pitch and be running, I'm talking of him doing something with the ball. If he is not doing anything with the ball, then let's be playing Havertz upfront, let Pulisic and Ziyech be playing of him, to give him the passes.

TBF - I think we are kind of limited in the players we have and the system we play.

Frank was trying to change this with a back four, and with his preferred acquisition of Rice and with Zouma think he was trying to create a more physical team though even there we would still have lacked a genuine creative m/f. Think this is why we play 3-5-2 or 3-5-2 because of the personnel we have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

TBF - I think we are kind of limited in the players we have and the system we play.

Frank was trying to change this with a back four, and with his preferred acquisition of Rice and with Zouma think he was trying to create a more physical team though even there we would still have lacked a genuine creative m/f. Think this is why we play 3-5-2 or 3-5-2 because of the personnel we have.

I think that's not true, maybe we just don't like Havertz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

TBF - I think we are kind of limited in the players we have and the system we play.

Frank was trying to change this with a back four, and with his preferred acquisition of Rice and with Zouma think he was trying to create a more physical team though even there we would still have lacked a genuine creative m/f. Think this is why we play 3-5-2 or 3-5-2 because of the personnel we have.

And if you think we don't have the personnel now, why is it that people are not talking about the need for us to get a good creative attacking midfielder now, instead people are talking about Haaland or Lukaku.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!