Chelsea v Norwich (PL) Sat 23th Oct 2021 12:30 GMT

16 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Best thing for me in past two games other than result is cho showing up. He’s looked excellent in the Pulisic role.. Pacy and some excellent end product. 

a few more games like that and he will be pushing as a first 11 starter. 

That's what happens when you put him on his natural position. Hopefully he can go on like this because today he was unstoppable.

That was a beat up to the next level,at the end of the game I almost worried about the mental health of the Norwich players. We played well, first goal was pure quality, and there was no way back for them after about 10 minutes. Without a real 9, we left the decisions for their defenders on whom to mark or close down, they just follow completely bamboozled from start to the end. Having Mount back to full fitness is like another big signing, and Thiago is ridiculously comfortable at the back, age is only a number for him.

Just caught the replay. Stroll in the park, never seen us have so much time on the ball. Credit to Mount and CHO who were the torturers in chief.

Am I wrong or did Barkley suggest he take the penalty after Mount missed his first attempt? The gal of that bloke if correct. He should never take another in game penalty for us after that debacle at Valencia. 

That was a brilliant display of football from us. I was worried before kick off given our lacklustre early KO games (and also given axman optimism), but what a cracking game. And the atmosphere at the Bridge, great fun day out. Loved in the second half when at the shed we spent like 10 minutes or so singing the west side and the middle of the shed to each other. 

WE’RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Just caught the replay. Stroll in the park, never seen us have so much time on the ball. Credit to Mount and CHO who were the torturers in chief.

Am I wrong or did Barkley suggest he take the penalty after Mount missed his first attempt? The gal of that bloke if correct. He should never take another in game penalty for us after that debacle at Valencia. 

In fairness to him he's taken a few in shootouts and converted every time.

12 hours ago, SFL82 said:

Not by that much and we wouldn’t have won that CL final or hammered Real Madrid.

It’s not that I’m against having a goal scorer like lukaku I just don’t think it will ever work as well with this system.

So it’s change a proven winning system or use him more sparingly which we can’t because of what we paid, he’s never been a big game player ever but we can’t bench him in big games and let him break down smaller teams that sit back because he wouldn’t be happy with that. 

My honest Opinion is we should have bought a working Werner but that may have taken time, so it is what it is we need to make it work but seeing that brilliant system taken apart isn’t nice to watch as fans. 

Kante won motm both times against madrid and in the final. That was the key reason why we won cl, not false 9. 

15 hours ago, Dean said:

Kudos to @axman2526 who iirc called a goal fest and took some (v good natured) flak 

Norwich were ever bit as hopeless as I expected Dean.

More importantly we carried the same motivation and attitude in to this game as we did against the Swedes in midweek. 

Mendys tackle was great, back 3 only had to keep the ball going, though rudi was once again a good attacking threat and denied a certain goal by a foul two games on the spin.

Midfield very good, wingbacks even better. Forwards stepped up very nicely.

Job done, and done very well.

Yeah @coco it was fine in the end, despite having to get up at 5.30!  Probably the most sober I've been at a match though as most pubs didn't open til 11 so we didn't get our full two hours!  And I couldn't stomach a beer at our service station stop at quarter to nine either (some on the coach did, though I think I overheard them saying it didn't open til 9).  It was a great atmosphere, party time!  And I must admit it was nice to get home in time for a Chinese takeaway and Strictly!