Sergiño Dest

Gol15

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Sergino_Dest_Barcelona_La_Liga20_21_FCBM

21 year old RB that can play as a LB as well. The other option that we're looking at now that the Digne situation is unclear. Welcome to the best club in London?

Apparently Barca willing to let him go but the player is determined to prove himself to Xavi and does not want to leave.

21 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Apparently Barca willing to let him go but the player is determined to prove himself to Xavi and does not want to leave.

Barca will take the money at this point I think, we can go for a loan with the option to buy or whatever sounds nicer to the player. He can end up being a mini version of Hakimi which is something we need.

16 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Barca will take the money at this point I think, we can go for a loan with the option to buy or whatever sounds nicer to the player. He can end up being a mini version of Hakimi which is something we need.

Thought their bank loan made that not a problem, or do you mean shifting wages? Either way we are not looking to do any transfer business in January apparently.

8 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

We’ve already got an American RWB… :Troll_Face:

Dest can on the left. Our flanks could be both American 🇺🇸 

The kid is only 21. I don’t rate him as high as our injured wingbacks, but he has the pace to run circles around our fit ones. Chelsea faced him while playing Ajax two seasons ago. 

4 hours ago, jbdiver said:

The kid is only 21. I don’t rate him as high as our injured wingbacks, but he has the pace to run circles around our fit ones. Chelsea faced him while playing A*** two seasons ago. 

You probably haven't been around long enough to realise there is one MAJOR unwritten rule here: we do not use the A word :sign0195: This time I'll let it go and I've even fixed it for you.

Dest is Dutch-American, but I would only sign him if he plays with Sergiño on his back. We can pretend that Brazilian and kid ourselves we got a world class player there.

9 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He's capable of playing both on the left and right side and he's younger than Reece.

there is a reason Barcelona are willing to let him go. They won't sell the likes of Gavi and Nico. Barcelona at the moment is an Europa League level team. I could see him as a backup/rotation player for a reasonable price. He can improve a lot, and he does have the sort of profile that we are looking for (good going forward, fast), and he also plays as right winger for Barcelona sometimes. An average player in a Chelsea team is still a good player. For a decent price he might be a good option with potential in the future, but i personally prefer Aït-Nouri from Wolves who plays in the same system as we do and who has somewhat proven himself already on Premier League level. I'm a bit skeptic of former Barcelona players. I cannot think of many former Barcelona players in recent years who made a transfer away from Barcelona and actually turned out to be top level players: Arthur, Emerson Royal, Semedo (good enough for Wolves but not really top 4 material), Pjanic, Junior Firpo. 

1665360438_ScreenShot2022-01-04at13_15_14.png.7fa6eeaa095d60237713cfc0b6e3253c.png

We already have 2 young players who are out on loan (Maatsen and Colvill) who have just as much potential as Dest. If we are going to sign a LWB I think it should be somebody with more experience who can also comfortably play in the central defensive positions. Either that or a more short term signing to provide cover while Chilly is out.

31 minutes ago, forbzy said:

We already have 2 young players who are out on loan (Maatsen and Colvill) who have just as much potential as Dest. If we are going to sign a LWB I think it should be somebody with more experience who can also comfortably play in the central defensive positions. Either that or a more short term signing to provide cover while Chilly is out.

Colwill will be a top CB for us, at most he may cover LB or WB as need be, he does not come in to the thoughts of buying a player like Dest. More that when Toni leaves we have his replacement ready to go.

2 hours ago, forbzy said:

Anything has to be an improvement on Alonso! He’s one of those players who you’d call a great servant, meaning he’s passed it nowadays but we appreciate what he’s done for us :good2:

4 hours ago, azpi28 said:

there is a reason Barcelona are willing to let him go. They won't sell the likes of Gavi and Nico. Barcelona at the moment is an Europa League level team. I could see him as a backup/rotation player for a reasonable price. He can improve a lot, and he does have the sort of profile that we are looking for (good going forward, fast), and he also plays as right winger for Barcelona sometimes. An average player in a Chelsea team is still a good player. For a decent price he might be a good option with potential in the future, but i personally prefer Aït-Nouri from Wolves who plays in the same system as we do and who has somewhat proven himself already on Premier League level. I'm a bit skeptic of former Barcelona players. I cannot think of many former Barcelona players in recent years who made a transfer away from Barcelona and actually turned out to be top level players: Arthur, Emerson Royal, Semedo (good enough for Wolves but not really top 4 material), Pjanic, Junior Firpo. 

1665360438_ScreenShot2022-01-04at13_15_14.png.7fa6eeaa095d60237713cfc0b6e3253c.png

Reece James at 21 was also showing potential but it was clear that he needed more time as well. This is exactly why we should get him, he's supposed to be the backup.

Funny, my understanding is that a lot (Barca themselves included) want rather his replacement at Ajax than Dest. That's quite a common sentiment I see from Bayern followers (as Bayern is linked to Dest as well). 

Dest is defensively a nightmare. So even if he makes some sense as a back-up right now he's likely no good in a back four system which I personally think should be always considered a viable alternative in the next season - depending on how we restructure our defense. 

Edited by weetee