Graham Potter (Now Sacked ) - *Official* New (Now Old) Chelsea Manager

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I dont believe in this trust the process bs. Yes, when it’s a world class proven manager whose won leagues and cups before and managed elite players then you trust the process.

When it’s a manager whose only managed small teams and small players and win percentage of 28% in the PL…I would rather not trust the process.

22 minutes ago, smileysmiles said:

Frank actually had us scoring, he just couldnt get us to defend. Everyone wanted Rudiger out of the club, lol.

Exactly. We scored lots, just got opened up on the counter lots. Helped when we played in a back three.

I'll go on the record and say when you look at the respective squads and performances Lampard > Potter, and I say that as someone who didn't think Frank was that good.

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Even if he has lost the dressing room, firing him will exactly send the wrong message we don't want to send. It will mean that player power persists in the club, and they can fire any manager they want.

That's the case with any big club, look what the players did to Mourinho. Even Chelsea legends like Lampard pretty much stopped playing for AVB. It's always cheaper to get rid of the manager than all of the players.

Though like Tuchel said 'Player's won't trust the process without results'. I can't imagine any player having huge faith in Potter's tactical abilty right now.

2 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Boehly is making the right moves for the long term imo but it’s the short term that is killing us now. 

Not even a bit. The manager is the absolute key decision point. He fluffed that. Somehow we also managed to sign a reserve left back for 60m, Fofana and a few old blokes. 

Nkunku I'll grant should be a positive addition, but this is an administration fumbling around in the dark. 

3 minutes ago, Vialli96 said:

I think he’s lost the dressing room. He doesnt command any respect from the players. I think in the match when Silva looked at Potter and threw his hands up as if to say what the fck are you doing? Said a lot. And from here things can go really bad, a lot worse than this.

And so how to move on? We can all state opinions, but so far there's no realistic suggested next step. I've seen Get Tuchel back, and Get Mourinho back... yeah, especially Thomas must be chomping at the bit :laugh2:

3 minutes ago, El regreso said:

Anyone heard his post match interview yet? 

Chelsea boss Graham Potter, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "It was a tough game for us. Losing Ruben and Aspi at half-time. You can see in the two teams the different schedules. Newcastle have one game a week and we have a tough schedule. That showed. But there were also too many enforced errors. We got through a few times but we didn't have enough quality.

"In a game of few chances, they got a winner. We changed things but we didn't have enough. You could see in the first half they were pushing us back. We could not get out of the defensive third as much as we like. So we put on an extra man in the middle of the pitch. Conor had a good shot but then our defensive line was a bit off and we conceded a good finish.

"For different reasons, you have 13 matches in six weeks, a lot of those games away from home. It is what it is and it has been tough challenging. We have a break now and we need to re-energise. For us in terms of what we've had with an incredibly intense period, it is what it is. We need to take the positives. A lot of the boys will be away but we can get away, regroup and go again when we come back."

1 minute ago, Drogba1 said:

That's the case with any big club, look what the players did to Mourinho. Even Chelsea legends like Lampard pretty much stopped playing for AVB. It's always cheaper to get rid of the manager than all of the players.

Though like Tuchel said 'Player's won't trust the process without results'. I can't imagine any player having huge faith in Potter's tactical abilty right now.

I would agree with the former Chelsea squad that it was cheaper to sack the manager but not with this crop of players. Regardless of whatever manager comes, they are going to need to rebuild the team so firing Potter will actually be the more expensive route IMO.

4 minutes ago, Vialli96 said:

I dont believe in this trust the process bs. Yes, when it’s a world class proven manager whose won leagues and cups before and managed elite players then you trust the process.

When it’s a manager whose only managed small teams and small players and win percentage of 28% in the PL…I would rather not trust the process.

I don't think it's the proven thing to look at (we had world cup winner who we rightly didn't trust and sacked).

I stuck up for Sarri because I genuinely believed his idea was sound and as boring as the football was at times we were progressing to something good.

I want to see that from Potter after the break.

Just now, Spiller86 said:

Not even a bit. The manager is the absolute key decision point. He fluffed that. Somehow we also managed to sign a reserve left back for 60m, Fofana and a few old blokes. 

Nkunku I'll grant should be a positive addition, but this is an administration fumbling around in the dark. 

Nkunku will fail too. No platform for anyone to succeed here until we have sustainability. 

We will suffer before it gets better. When you rebuild a house, you discover more issues than you initially realized. 

4 minutes ago, El regreso said:

Anyone heard his post match interview yet? 

4 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Nkunku will fail too. No platform for anyone to succeed here until we have sustainability. 

We will suffer before it gets better. When you rebuild a house, you discover more issues than you initially realized. 

Difference in the schedules? Newcastle played 120 mins just 3 days ago. Even first half? We had one shot in the first half, how is that something to be pleased about.

Honeslty I would prefer it if Potter just blasted the players, this small club mentality is infuriating.

2 minutes ago, Valerie said:

And so how to move on? We can all state opinions, but so far there's no realistic suggested next step. I've seen Get Tuchel back, and Get Mourinho back... yeah, especially Thomas must be chomping at the bit :laugh2:

It doesnt matter what we think. It’s all in Boehly’s hands…a man who knows nothing about football or what it takes to make a successful club/team. I think he only started watching football last year. He may have succeeded in Baseball or whatever, but football is completely different. The wise thing to do would have been to take advice from a football person, but the way he’s gone about negotiating all signings, wanting his own players and formations, sacking Tuchel etc. indicates it’s all him…which is worrying. 

5 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

See the thing for me is that they tore down the house to rebuild it, which was unecessary. Remove all corporate memory from the back office even to the point of sacking the media team.  

Sack the entire medical staff and we wonder why half of our first team are injured. It makes Musk's takeover of Twitter look professional and organised.

7 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Even? Newcastle were much the more positive side. Duno what Potter was smoking.

Oh well Potter can do one, we're stuffed. We made a bad decision bringing him in, and we can't win publicity wise if we remove or stick with him as we look bad either way.

Just now, Drogba1 said:

Honeslty I would prefer it if Potter just blasted the players, this small club mentality is infuriating.

Small club mentality are fans who continue to defend the likes of Havertz, Mount, and Kovacic for doing the bare minimum when in all reality they aren’t good enough for what we are trying to achieve. 

It is essentially why I am more relaxed about this rebuild and these sh*t performances compared to others, because I know the quality of our players, and they aren’t good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

See the thing for me is that they tore down the house to rebuild it, which was unecessary. Remove all corporate memory from the back office even to the point of sacking the media team.  

Sack the entire medical staff and we wonder why half of our first team are injured. It makes Musk's takeover of Twitter look professional and organised.

I agree. They wanted to do too much too quick. 

What a sh!t and uninspiring interview…blaming the schedule and how he actually thought the first half was even 🤣

If I was a player I would want to come out for the next match and play even worse after hearing that.

Edited by Vialli96

2 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Small club mentality are fans who continue to defend the likes of Havertz, Mount, and Kovacic for doing the bare minimum when in all reality they aren’t good enough for what we are trying to achieve. 

It is essentially why I am more relaxed about this rebuild and these sh*t performances compared to others, because I know the quality of our players, and they aren’t good enough. 

Kovacic is 30+ now and injury prone, I don't think anyone defends Havertz or Mount anymore. 

Tuchel still got 2 top 4s, 5 cup finals including a Champions League with this lot. A good manager can cover for a medicore squad. The rebuild that we need would be a lot less painful if Tuchel was still here.

1 minute ago, Vialli96 said:

What a sh!t and uninspiring interview…blaming the schedule and how he actually thought the first half was even 🤣

If I was a player I would want to come out for the next match and play even worse hearing that.

Yeah he sounds more out of his depth than AVB did. Surely he knows what the standards of the club are.

2 minutes ago, Vialli96 said:

I didn't like the interview but let's be honest, Newcastle did f**k all in the first half and we had the better (only) chance.

2 minutes ago, smileysmiles said:

Sorry but this is nonesense.

You think our players are good enough for what exactly? If it’s to challenge for the league we are years off. 

1 minute ago, Drogba1 said:

The rebuild that we need would be a lot less painful if Tuchel was still here.

Maybe so, but we were also literally on the verge of crashing out of the CL group stage.

17 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Chelsea boss Graham Potter, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "It was a tough game for us. Losing Ruben and Aspi at half-time. You can see in the two teams the different schedules. Newcastle have one game a week and we have a tough schedule. That showed. But there were also too many enforced errors. We got through a few times but we didn't have enough quality.

"In a game of few chances, they got a winner. We changed things but we didn't have enough. You could see in the first half they were pushing us back. We could not get out of the defensive third as much as we like. So we put on an extra man in the middle of the pitch. Conor had a good shot but then our defensive line was a bit off and we conceded a good finish.

"For different reasons, you have 13 matches in six weeks, a lot of those games away from home. It is what it is and it has been tough challenging. We have a break now and we need to re-energise. For us in terms of what we've had with an incredibly intense period, it is what it is. We need to take the positives. A lot of the boys will be away but we can get away, regroup and go again when we come back."

🤣🤣🤣 I don’t even feel disappointed as I expected that. I still think he will turn it around but every match is just pure confusion 3 at the back then 4 at the back then players out of position.