Who do you want next as manager?

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, just said:

Should have put Klopp on the list. He will probably be available after we turn them over on Tuesday.

Anyway my vote goes to Eddie Howe.

I think Klopp might be available in the summer too. I tried to put options the bookies had as relatively likely though 😂

Given the timing, no surprise who's on Boehly's wish list. I can't see us going back to the Potter route again via getting a Frank or De Zerbi. Another 5 year deal, and I doubt whoever comes in next will settle for a lower wage than Potter, so fun time ahead

6 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

I think Klopp might be available in the summer too. I tried to put options the bookies had as relatively likely though 😂

Don't be straitjacketed in your thinking Drogba. Let your imagination run wild here. You should have included Megan Markle and Boris Johnson.

boris johnson GIF

Edited by just

I still like the idea of giving Zidane a try. Would've preferred it months ago, however, I would be happy if we brought him in still.

Not overly keen on Nagelsmann but still an upgrade on Potter.

But right now like I've always said, even if we got an interim in charge for a bit, like Enrique, I certainly wouldn't complain. Might be the best idea. 

How about getting JT until end of the season and than offer him an assistant role to someone more experienced. 

Zidane would be my choice but apparently he speaks no English so its extremely unlikely he will ever manage in the Premier league. 

19 minutes ago, Gentian said:

How about getting JT until end of the season and than offer him an assistant role to someone more experienced. 

Zidane would be my choice but apparently he speaks no English so its extremely unlikely he will ever manage in the Premier league. 

No, because if he has a new manager bounce they'll be pressure to make him permanent which would be an absolute disaster.

I think it's likely that it'll be Nagelsmann. I really don't know all that much about him, other than Leipzig played well under him, and Bayern only lost 3 times this season and looked really impressive in the UCL, with Choupo-Moting up front most of the time.

If we're just picking who we'd like to see though:

There aren't that many managers out there that are potentially available who excite me.

I'll always have a soft spot for Jose, would it end in disaster again? Probably. But the highs during his tenure are so very high.

Speaking of ex-managers; I keep reading things about some managers waiting to see if they can get the Real job in the summer. Is it confirmed Carlo is leaving? If so, we could do a lot worse than bringing him back.

Would prefer to see an interim - very difficult.

We need someone who can identify our best eleven, stick with them and let them play a system that will yield results - even if it's Jose's old system.

Basically, we need someone with balls who can deal with the inflated squad and egos and get it working - who fits that?

Can you add an interim option... ?

11 minutes ago, Bebe1980 said:

Would prefer to see an interim - very difficult.

We need someone who can identify our best eleven, stick with them and let them play a system that will yield results - even if it's Jose's old system.

Basically, we need someone with balls who can deal with the inflated squad and egos and get it working - who fits that?

Can you add an interim option... ?

Most of the managers on the list could only join in summer anyway. That's why I made the question 'next permanent manager'. I'm just assuming we're going to hire an interim anyway