Who do you want next as manager?

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

It's a tough one. Obviously the dream is that someone comes in and manages to turn us into winners immediately (as with Tuchel), but given how much of a mess this season has been, it's unlikely that anyone will be able to do that. So my thinking is we need someone in who will be able to develop a style of play, improve the young players, and make top 4. Then after that potentially we're set for someone else (like Mou after Ranieri) to take us 1 step further. 

I think it's an unpopular opinion, but I really wouldn't mind Pochettino. He turned Spurs into a very very good team, and had they had more investment I think they could've won the league. 

Chelsea want a manager immediately - they are going to take today, tomorrow and the next few days to speak to managers. Naglesmann is considered perfect #CFC manager and Chelsea is actually tempting Nagelsmann. (@FabrizioRomano @ChampsHouseCBS) #CFC

7 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Chelsea want a manager immediately - they are going to take today, tomorrow and the next few days to speak to managers. Naglesmann is considered perfect #CFC manager and Chelsea is actually tempting Nagelsmann. (@FabrizioRomano @ChampsHouseCBS) #CFC

He reported yesterday on his YouTube channel they are talking with Nagelsmann to see if he prefers stepping in now or in the summer. 

Seems inevitable at this point. 

Ruben Amorim has a 68% win percentage at Sporting over 3 seasons, that's only 3% less than what Nagelsmann had at Bayern in a one team league. Has averaged around 2.2 points per game his entire career. Looks very impressive from the outside. Also has a reputation for developing young players. 

Im very surprised there's votes for likes of Mourinho, Conte, and Simeone, have you not suffered enough drab boring football?  I mean Potter, Sarri, Mourinho, Conte, and I sorry to say as I know there are many Tuchel fans out there but his last 6 months was boring football too.  Have we not suffered enough, are we just a glutton for punishment as Chelsea fans,  why does this club hurt me so?  I just what to see some entertaining attacking football and lots of goals.

I know many people are very anti-Pochettino, but have you considered the exquisite scenario that he actually wins something at Chelsea, when he couldn't at Tottenham ? It would build beautifully on Conte's epic rant the other day, and give us superb piss-taking for decades !

Edited by Sexyfootball

3 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

SKY reporting there are concerns over Nagelsmann's age and experience. They don't want to gamble on another inexperienced manager. 

Looking like it isn't as straight forward as it seems. 

Nagelsmann has been a coach since he was 28 I'm pretty sure. Age sure but he's got quite a lot of expereince at this point

10 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

SKY reporting there are concerns over Nagelsmann's age and experience. They don't want to gamble on another inexperienced manager. 

Looking like it isn't as straight forward as it seems. 

Amorim and De Zerbi are both in their 30s as well. Looking like Luis Enrique next then possibly 

I wonder if Ornstein's report that Stewart and Macaulay are in charge of the recruitment process, is to remove RB bias from Vivell with regards to Nagelsmann. Keeping a neutral and open minded perspective. 

By all account purposes Nagelsmann's tactics look all over the place and something eerily similar to Potter. 

2 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I wonder if Ornstein's report that Stewart and Macaulay are in charge of the recruitment process, is to remove RB bias from Vivell with regards to Nagelsmann. Keeping a neutral and open minded perspective. 

By all account purposes Nagelsmann's tactics look all over the place and something eerily similar to Potter. 

His teams score a lot of goals though, which is the complete opposite of Potter

1 minute ago, Sconnie Blue said:

That's Bundesliga though. 

No other manager has managed to get a 34 goal season out of Timo Werner

He even got Chupo Moting firing. Despite losing their top scorer for the last 7 years, Bayern were on course for a 94 goal season this year under Nagelsmann, only 3 less than last season.

I don't know if we'll win us the Prem, but he'll definitely get us scoring

4 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

No other manager has managed to get a 34 goal season out of Timo Werner

He even got Chupo Moting firing. Despite losing their top scorer for the last 7 years, Bayern were on course for a 94 goal season this year under Nagelsmann, only 3 less than last season.

I don't know if we'll win us the Prem, but he'll definitely get us scoring

Again, how much is that down to the gung-ho, suicide defensive football that is the Bundesliga?

5 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Again, how much is that down to the gung-ho, suicide defensive football that is the Bundesliga?

I'm sure that contributes, but Werner has about 13 in 30 this season for comparison. Chupo Moting had a much poorer goal ratio before Nagelsmann came in as well.

Personally I'd be happy with any of Nagelsmann, Amorim or De Zerbi. Luis Enrique is the only one I'm worried about, literally anyone could've won the CL with MSN in the team

I think with the setup we have now with guys like Vivell and Stewart, I would lean towards Nagelsmann. Also we have Nkunku coming in the summer too. I think a young squad would suit him, and even the profile of players we have would work well. 

Wouldnt be disappointed with quite a few on that list though, Luis Enrique is intriguing, I loved him as a player, fiery character, maybe not quite got the midfield he would need, but I suppose it could be addressed. 

Very happily take Zidane or Flick but very unlikely.

Reluctantly I'd take Pochettino, as the squad is also tailor made for him, but would be a bitter I'll to swallow.

I would steer clear of Frank, De Zerbi, Amorin, etc, we need a bigger profile.

I don't understand the Amorin links. Hasn't he took over Sporting and kept them pretty much where they're expected to be? One league title during Covid and currently 18 points off top this season. Anyone from Portugal that can fill me in on what i'm missing?

6 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I don't understand the Amorin links. Hasn't he took over Sporting and kept them pretty much where they're expected to be? One league title during Covid and currently 18 points off top this season. Anyone from Portugal that can fill me in on what i'm missing?

Ignore me, just read his wikipedia page. I suggest Todd throws all his money at him, next Mourinho. £25m a year and £100m buy out in his 8 year deal.