Who do you want next as manager?

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

JT comes across as the type of character to let his passion dictate his decision making. Everytime I hear him talk about certain players, he makes them out to be the best thing ever. Just listen to him talk about anything to do with Chelsea. Doesn't matter if a player is lacking something, because if they're at Chelsea, they're the best. I can't remember seeing any interview or punditry where Terry talks about what a player needs to work on to improve 😆

I read earlier that it was being at Villa and seeing how good Craig Shakespeare and the Richard O'Kelly were compared to him was a real shock to the system.

I imagine that combined with the struggles of his ex England teammates brought him to the conclusion the manager life just isn't for him.

Dont rule out Jose Mourinho. How much would it cost to get him back ?

The names getting mention are not great sorry to say.

Get Jose back but on a sensible contract.

Edited by Ibby_786

Enrique is kinda similar to pep, potter and tuchel so it is probably going to be boring. 

Pochettino is very interesting but I am not sure about hiring spurs man. 

For short term, give me nagelsman. Gung ho, winger as wb, high press, open football what not to like. @justcomplained about how conservative our gameplan under Tuchel was, Nagelsmann team played with 5 players in the box so it is not going to be boring. 

Would be perfectly happy with both Nagelsmann & Enrique. Pochettino slightly less but he'd also do a decent job here.

Glasner & Amorim are the other two i've seen mentioned and we better stay far, far away. Both would spectacularly fail here.

The poster PrinceOfPortugal, who gave us some good insights into Benfica/Enzo Fernandez when that transfer was taking shape, was very negative about the prospect of Amorim as Chelsea manager.

Cut/paste from earlier in the Potter thread, 1st March :

"He has quality material in Sporting CP. He is not playing organized football. I have been seeing their games around 10 this year and have to admit, its something what I don't want to see in Chelsea. Its total chaos."

Edited by Sexyfootball

2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Enrique is kinda similar to pep, potter and tuchel so it is probably going to be boring. 

Pochettino is very interesting but I am not sure about hiring spurs man. 

For short term, give me nagelsman. Gung ho, winger as wb, high press, open football what not to like. @justcomplained about how conservative our gameplan under Tuchel was, Nagelsmann team played with 5 players in the box so it is not going to be boring. 

Enrique would be the best available option imo. Him being similar to Pep and Tuchel is a good thing, he actually wins things. 

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

The poster PrinceOfPortugal, who gave us some good insights into Benfica/Enzo Fernandez when that transfer was taking shape, was very negative about the prospect of Amorim as Chelsea manager.

Cut/paste from earlier in the Potter thread, 1st March :

"He has quality material in Sporting CP. He is not playing organized football. I have been seeing their games around 10 this year and have to admit, its something what I don't want to see in Chelsea. Its total chaos."

I follow the league too. I think that assessment of him is quite unfair to be honest. You can see in the matches v Arsenal the team was very organised. Ultimately we come to the same conclusion though.

Amorim has great potential but he is not ready to move to a big club just yet. Needs to stay at the level of a Sporting for a few more years and develop his craft. 

I'll keep saying it, Luis Enrique is the man. Nagelsmann is 50/50 for me, I'm still unsure on him being so young and also managing a Bayern team that's won the Bundesliga for nine consecutive seasons and the best team in Germany, arguably top 4 biggest club in Europe. Bundesliga is not as competitive either. We beat Dortmund, who are second in the league, and looked good against them and we are crap this season. 

Edited by enigma

7 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Not sure why JT failed as a coach at Villa. Would love to have him in some capacity. 

Not sure he failed, did he? The interview with Hendry seemed to say it all went well but he wanted to move back home due to his family. Goes on to say he doesn't want to be a manager but would do anything to be a coach with Chelsea first team. I think having someone like him in the dug out will help any new manager coming in. Knows the club and anyone involved with Chelsea respects him.

44 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Not sure he failed, did he? The interview with Hendry seemed to say it all went well but he wanted to move back home due to his family. Goes on to say he doesn't want to be a manager but would do anything to be a coach with Chelsea first team. I think having someone like him in the dug out will help any new manager coming in. Knows the club and anyone involved with Chelsea respects him.

That video was a good watch wasn't it !

Can't say I blame him for the choices he's made. He loves spending time with his family and he loves playing golf, so his current part-time role with the development team gives him everything he cherishes. Good for him. I'm sure he'd compromise on the golf if he was offered the chance to be more involved in the first team set up though LOL

2 hours ago, Remodez said:

I follow the league too. I think that assessment of him is quite unfair to be honest. You can see in the matches v Arsenal the team was very organised. Ultimately we come to the same conclusion though.

Amorim has great potential but he is not ready to move to a big club just yet. Needs to stay at the level of a Sporting for a few more years and develop his craft. 

exactly

he is a good coach with great potential but no way chelsea ca hire him. its too big challenge for him

2 hours ago, Remodez said:

Very unfair! + he lost 4 of his key players in the summer/Jan; Nunes to Wolves, Palhinha to Fulham, Porro to Spurs & Mendes to PSG, and their biggest signings were Bellerin & some bloke from the Greek league. Imagine losing Chilwell, James, Enzo & Kovacic & expecting a manager to compete.

2 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Very unfair! + he lost 4 of his key players in the summer/Jan; Nunes to Wolves, Palhinha to Fulham, Porro to Spurs & Mendes to PSG, and their biggest signings were Bellerin & some bloke from the Greek league. Imagine losing Chilwell, James, Enzo & Kovacic & expecting a manager to compete.

jesus christ

his context and sporting context in portuguese league its total diffrent 

stop talk about teams/clubs that you don't follow and see only stats 

Literally anyone could have won the Champons League with Messi Neymar and Suarez in their prime up front. And he was eliminated in the quarter finals for 2 out of his 3 seasons at Barca, once by Atletico Madrid and once by Juventus. Not to mention he came 2nd in La Liga in his final season. 

And without MSN he's failed at literally all of his other jobs. He's the only manager I'd actually be worried about coming here. 

One thing about Amorim is that he's supposedly quite a pragmatic coach. Plays a 3-4-3 without much pressing. Essentially a more possession orientated version of Conte from what I'm hearing. 

Still a good coach but not sure how good the football will be under him.

In terms of attacking football De Zerbi, Nagelsmann and Postecoglou are probably the best options.