Who do you want next as manager?

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Look how split we are on this poll. Shows you have sh*t these options are.

I am with @Valerieget Steve Clarke in as caretaker till the end of the season. He has nothing else to do until then.

Could also show how spoilt for choice we are, there's multiple good options here

8 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

The more I think on it the more I am predicting Nagelsmann to be a pretty poor appointment. All over the place formation and tactics with Havertz being the first name on the team sheet. 

I have similar reservations, but as has been mentioned before, all choices are risky.

Nagelsmann ticks a lot of boxes inlcuding incoming Nkunku, if that ever happens. Pochettino has a good reputation for the longer game, nurturing younger players and is Prem experienced. Amorim looks pretty good actually but again its that new face, inexperienced gamble.

Where i think Nagelsmann may have a head start is that the purchases made in January would have been by Vivell and Winstanley and therefore you would think that the mindset would be similar to the RB model. There would be less chance of the new manager needing another 300m spent cos he doesn't like the players that are here

24 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

I have similar reservations, but as has been mentioned before, all choices are risky.

Nagelsmann ticks a lot of boxes inlcuding incoming Nkunku, if that ever happens. Pochettino has a good reputation for the longer game, nurturing younger players and is Prem experienced. Amorim looks pretty good actually but again its that new face, inexperienced gamble.

Where i think Nagelsmann may have a head start is that the purchases made in January would have been by Vivell and Winstanley and therefore you would think that the mindset would be similar to the RB model. There would be less chance of the new manager needing another 300m spent cos he doesn't like the players that are here

Issue with Nagelsmann is that the Bayern mates I've spoken to (as well as Bayern fans on the social media space) state the criticism against him was that they did not build any continuity at all, which was one of the problems we had with Potter.

May work in the Bundesliga but we have already seen the issue of not having an assured formation/style of play in the Premier League under Potter. 

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Look how split we are on this poll. Shows you have sh*t these options are.

Same was said when Tuchel was appointed, many thought he wouldn't even be an upgrade on Frank let alone win us big trophies.

Conte aswell, as much of a w**ker as he was on season 2 the general narrative was he was underwhelming and wouldn't be able to have us competing with Pep, Jose and Klopp and he more than did even if briefly.

Edited by Argo

I like what I've read about Nagelsmann's philosophy... High intensity, high press

But our team look knackered on 60 mins, He'll have to get rid of a lot of the old guard for that to work.

Really this could have been handled better, surely we should have someone lined up before the sacking?

Maybe taking our time over this will be the better way on the end.

1 hour ago, Sconnie Blue said:

The more I think on it the more I am predicting Nagelsmann to be a pretty poor appointment. All over the place formation and tactics with Havertz being the first name on the team sheet. 

Havertz always the first name on the team sheet. These bloody Germans. First Potter, now Nagelsmann

10 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

If De Zerbi and Flick are unattainable, I'd take Pochettino. 

Game management is questionable, but I can't fault his ability to develop players. Think he'd do a great job with who we have. 

hire de zerbi is making the same mistake

we need a proper manager and not a potential great manager